Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
New Users Please Post Here / Re: Perkun
« Last post by pawel.biernacki on Today at 06:58:11 am »
Do you think your algorithm may be useful to optimize writing short stories?

Yes. It is possible. The game Perkun Wars would be an example (take a look at "chat" - all the NPCs you meet tell you a simple story).

"use Perkun PL to make optimal decisions"
i.e.
Perkun helps you figure out how to code something U don't know how to code.

Ya but...If I'm coding something I want to code...only I (me, an AGI) know what must be coded and what comes next after that to code and how the whole program works...Perkun *cannot* give me optimal suggestions like "oh time to use a For Loop!" or "Oh time to code in x = (7>3)*3>1 in line 45 or the next line!", or "Oh time to delete lines 6-98 cus it doesn't work after all!", because Perkun isn't thinking, it isn't an AGI to do so, it doesn't know what must be put in code to create said application...only I know and can reason what to code to make my program...

However if you mean, it makes the code more efficient but remains the same "code" / "application"....then that's another story. That would help our civilization. Who knows how small one's program could be if coded professionally.

I would address the problem as follows:

I introduce the input variables representing the program and output variables allowing modifying it.

variables
{
    input variable program_command_1:{instruction_if_then, instruction_print, instruction_loop};
    input variable program_command_2:{instruction_if_then, instruction_print, instruction_loop};
    input variable program_command_3:{instruction_if_then, instruction_print, instruction_loop};
    input variable it_works:{false, true, none};
    output variable action:{change_instruction_to_if_then, change_instruction_to_print, change_instruction_to_loop, execute_the_program};
    output variable which_instruction_to_change:{one, two, three};
    hidden variable does_it_work:{false, true};
}

We would also need the input variables denoting the parameters for the instructions. Then we need a model - this is a bit problematic because Perkun does not learn models (they are taken for granted). It is quite obvious how the actions "change_instruction_" should work, but "execute_the_program" is a mystery. The payoff would depend only on the variable "it_works".

In this simple example we would end up with a Perkun specification that would try to build this three-commands program. It is an interesting idea, I did not think about using it for programming.

Bot Conversations / Re: Young Alpha
« Last post by LOCKSUIT on February 24, 2018, 11:33:31 pm »
Definite!
« Last post by LOCKSUIT on February 24, 2018, 11:25:37 pm »
"use Perkun PL to make optimal decisions"
i.e.
Perkun helps you figure out how to code something U don't know how to code.

Ya but...If I'm coding something I want to code...only I (me, an AGI) know what must be coded and what comes next after that to code and how the whole program works...Perkun *cannot* give me optimal suggestions like "oh time to use a For Loop!" or "Oh time to code in x = (7>3)*3>1 in line 45 or the next line!", or "Oh time to delete lines 6-98 cus it doesn't work after all!", because Perkun isn't thinking, it isn't an AGI to do so, it doesn't know what must be put in code to create said application...only I know and can reason what to code to make my program...

However if you mean, it makes the code more efficient but remains the same "code" / "application"....then that's another story. That would help our civilization. Who knows how small one's program could be if coded professionally.
« Last post by 8pla.net on February 24, 2018, 10:25:00 pm »

Title: The Riddle of the Hideout

Publisher Software: PHP

Cite Source: http://aihax.com/shortstory/
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Do you think your algorithm may be useful to optimize writing short stories?
« Last post by 8pla.net on February 24, 2018, 09:40:23 pm »
Hello LOCKSUIT,

Three Likes... That's unbelievable!

Thanks for the Like!
« Last post by 8pla.net on February 24, 2018, 09:39:38 pm »
That's a great idea, Ivan.

"Of course" is another way of saying yes.

I suppose I could hook up WordNet.

However, I want to keep the codebase small for now
« Last post by pawel.biernacki on February 24, 2018, 08:49:43 pm »
I am lost lol...........

Ok, let's try this question.

C++ is a Programming Language. The programmer can code whatever they want, whether it be an AGI or a clock or a 3D physics simulation. What does Perkun do for me that C++ can't? Does it predict what I will code next? How would it know that lol unless it was all-knowing? Does it show expected C++ commands? Other than that I don't see what it could do because, a programmer writes code that he knows he wants to write.........

In principle C++ can do everything that Perkun does, but it does not contain my algorithm. So what I recommend here is my algorithm rather than some new syntax in a new language. This is an optimization algorithm, which attempts to maximize the expected value of a payoff function during next n steps. So what Perkun expects is:

- a bunch of variables (including hidden ones) defining our agent within its world
- information what is good and what is not good - i.e. a payoff function
- information how the world works - i.e. a model

Given the information listed above you can use Perkun to make optimal decisions. Perkun is not a predictor in general, it is an optimizer.

« Last post by keghn on February 24, 2018, 08:18:30 pm »

This is narrow AI. AGI is a bunch of Narrow AI working together, that has only self learning algorithms with in.

AGI learn every thing form the ground up. In A FPV format.

So if you sting a bunch of chat bot together you have to remove all of the text code for generating language.
So if you sting in a above narrow AI game you have to remove the advanced out of body of viewing the world form above.

It is possible that this advanced coding could be removed slowly as the a narrow AI transforms into a AGI.
 But i have not seen that anywhere except, the closest is, in nature when a caterpillar become a butterfly.

Other wise it is good fun and programming you doing @Perkun:)
« Last post by LOCKSUIT on February 24, 2018, 07:44:34 pm »
I am lost lol...........

Ok, let's try this question.

C++ is a Programming Language. The programmer can code whatever they want, whether it be an AGI or a clock or a 3D physics simulation. What does Perkun do for me that C++ can't? Does it predict what I will code next? How would it know that lol unless it was all-knowing? Does it show expected C++ commands? Other than that I don't see what it could do because, a programmer writes code that he knows he wants to write.........
General AI Discussion / MIT AGI: How the brain creates emotions (Lisa Feldman Barrett)
« Last post by keghn on February 24, 2018, 04:01:56 pm »

MIT AGI: How the brain creates emotions (Lisa Feldman Barrett):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwsft6tmvBA&feature=youtu.be
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Perkun
by pawel.biernacki (New Users Please Post Here)
Today at 06:58:11 am
Young Alpha
by LOCKSUIT (Bot Conversations)
February 24, 2018, 11:33:31 pm
MIT AGI: How the brain creates emotions (Lisa Feldman Barrett)
by keghn (General AI Discussion)
February 24, 2018, 04:01:56 pm
Spikes in neural networks
by keghn (New Users Please Post Here)
February 24, 2018, 03:10:28 pm
Fractal Orbit
by ranch vermin (Human Computer Interaction)
February 24, 2018, 12:49:39 am
XKCD Comic : The Simpsons
by Tyler (XKCD Comic)
February 23, 2018, 12:02:20 pm
They Are Coming For US!
by LOCKSUIT (General Robotics Talk)
February 21, 2018, 08:27:54 pm
XKCD Comic : Self-Driving Issues
by Tyler (XKCD Comic)
February 21, 2018, 12:00:06 pm

Users Online

35 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 52. Most Online Ever: 208 (August 27, 2008, 09:36:30 am)

Articles