• 247 Replies

korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
  • Look into my eyes! WOAH!
    • Google +
Re: The last invention.
« Reply #210 on: July 10, 2017, 11:57:23 pm »
The software is written from scratch using the Win API interface.

The audio stream is sampled using the WaveAddBuffer function in the Winmm.dll library.  I then pass the sample through a FFT to extract the frequencies and several custom filters; then render the spectrograph.  The samples also run through a custom loop buffer that records in ‘real’ time but only sends frames of data through a TCP pipe to the main application when called.  The callback and loop buffer keep the two applications synchronised.

:)
It thunk... therefore it is!

korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • Google +
« Reply #211 on: August 01, 2017, 10:32:53 am »
"Woe to you, oh Earth and sea, for the Devil sends the Beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the Beast
For it is a human number, its number is six hundred and sixty six"

Crank up the volume...

:D

Edit... I'd reached 666 posts lol
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 11:54:03 am by korrelan »

LOCKSUIT

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Enter Lair
« Reply #212 on: August 01, 2017, 11:29:06 am »
I don't think I want to know what korrelan has been up to

selimchehimi

• Trusty Member
  • Nomad
  • I'm writing Articles about AI on my blog!
    • Selim Chehimi - AI and Tech
« Reply #213 on: August 01, 2017, 11:38:58 am »
Wooow that seems really interesting, I love all the work that you put in to solve AI. I will definitely take the time to check all your videos  ;)

korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • Google +
« Reply #214 on: August 26, 2017, 02:36:07 pm »

Hi all… I’ve been taking a rest from the development of my AGI for a few weeks.

For anyone interested… There is a very good reason why I do this periodically… if you spend too much time focusing on one topic your brain begins to work against you.  One of our main learning mechanisms is repetition; your brain likes to translate common thought processes/ experiences into automatic sub-conscious functions (like riding a bike or driving to work).  Although this is great for most mental operations it’s obviously a major disadvantage when mental flexibility is required regarding a problem space you are trying to solve.  If you concentrate too long on a topic your ideas and mental flexibility will… dry up; you will literally get stuck in a rut (writers block)... an ingrained pattern of thinking as the common used synaptic pathways that represent your… I’ll leave for another post.

Ok back to the video. 

Up to this point I’ve been using random/ trig spatial distribution to set the initial vectors of the connectomes neurons in the various cortical layers.  This has been adequate up to date but when the connectome expands through simulated growth and neurogenesis inserts new neurons in high activity areas to enhance the ‘thought’ facet resolution; I’ve been getting clashes and general spatial problems because of the initial uneven distribution of neurons on a layer.

This has been solved by using the Fibonacci sequence to set the initial equally spaced neuron vectors within the connectomes spherical volume.  At the beginning of the video you can see the equal spatial distribution on the connectomes outer layers mirroring the common Fibonacci pattern.

A small update but this solves loads of problems.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 11:09:27 pm by korrelan »

infurl

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • Humans will disappoint you.
    • Home Page
« Reply #215 on: August 27, 2017, 12:15:35 am »
For anyone interested… There is a very good reason why I do this periodically… if you spend too much time focusing on one topic your brain begins to work against you.  One of our main learning mechanisms is repetition; your brain likes to translate common thought processes/ experiences into automatic sub-conscious functions (like riding a bike or driving to work).  Although this is great for most mental operations it’s obviously a major disadvantage when mental flexibility is required regarding a problem space you are trying to solve.  If you concentrate too long on a topic your ideas and mental flexibility will… dry up; you will literally get stuck in a rut (writers block)... an ingrained pattern of thinking as the common used synaptic pathways that represent your… I’ll leave for another post.

You're on the right track but you're overthinking overthinking. It's precisely your sub-conscious functions and automatic thought processes that you should be trying to exploit to get the work done. Most people have had the experience of going to sleep with a problem and waking up with a solution. While I do change major tasks periodically, typically every four to six weeks, it's because of mental fatigue rather than getting into a rut. When it comes to problem-solving you can't beat good old-fashioned daydreaming (interspersed with intense periods of good old-fashioned hard work of course). But in the end, it's whatever process works for you.

keghn

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #216 on: August 27, 2017, 01:28:25 am »
 Good work as always @Korrelan. Burn out is a good thing and can be a bad thing. Keep person form getting in a
never ending behavior loop. The way i see it the the neurons store pattern loop. Like Ram store a behavior routine.
 But under the rules of the life of a cell it will not be over used, and complain if damaged. It will have a purpose or
be deleted or killed off, and it needs time to rest. Like rules of a trade unions. 
 But if the behavior routine is in a silicon chip it is dead and lifeless.
 So in my AGII i am have a program that simulates it having a fake life. Because it is needed in machine to have feelings.

I think it is important to note that the neuron bundle that hold behavior pattern have no idea what they have stored
with in them. They only know that they have purpose and belong to a bigger whole.

So i use different ways of getting same thing done. Using different neurons to do the same job. 

LOCKSUIT

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
    • Enter Lair
« Reply #217 on: August 27, 2017, 04:12:40 am »
You may have to rest, but for me I don't, and it pays me off by working every day...all day ! I am happy here.

korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • Google +
« Reply #218 on: August 27, 2017, 12:38:57 pm »
@ Infurl

It's precisely your sub-conscious functions and automatic thought processes that you should be trying to exploit to get the work done.

For common tasks that have to repeated I would agree.  Unfortunately back engineering the human nervous system however doesn’t seem to follow this curve lol; when covering new ground I have to keep my thoughts as flexible as possible; especially at my age lol.  But as you said we each have to do what works best for our own mental machinery.

Most people have had the experience of going to sleep with a problem and waking up with a solution.

I’ve done some research on this.  It appears to be a commonality between a problems facets and the facets belonging to a known solution to a similar problems pattern.  It’s a pattern alignment in the GTP; where the problems facets will trigger the same/ similar facets in the known solution leading to a link or similarity at that stage in the solution.

When it comes to problem-solving you can't beat good old-fashioned daydreaming

I agree; daydreaming/ dreaming leverages the above system to align/ match facets and solve problems. Taking a rest from the problem and doing something completely unrelated can often lead to a ‘Eureka’ moment… especially if the new task shares many similar experience/ knowledge/ skills facets with the initial problem.

@Keghn

Burn out is a good thing and can be a bad thing.

Hmmm… I pretty sure ‘burn out’ in any kind of machine is a bad thing lol.  It sounds like you are working along bio-chemical lines of research too. Cool.

@Lock

You may have to rest, but for me I don't,

We are all different and there are many variables including life’s general pressures, the problem space and the level of concentration required etc.  I know my limitations from experience and try to optimize my mental abilities; you are thirty odd years younger than me and still enjoy the natural mental flexibility of youth… at the expense of focus/ wisdom of course lol.  I’m pleased you are happy though.

keghn

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #219 on: August 27, 2017, 07:05:51 pm »
 @Korrelan. There are may type of burn out. I do not really mean a killer burn out from long work and having a boss like
Trump. When a system or a small sub part record there time at a job. When it reaches a high value it look for other job with
a low burn out value. The Burn out value is down counted by time. Job down count can be fast.

keghn

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #220 on: August 29, 2017, 02:00:44 am »
 In the human body a muscle can get tired. And the neurons that hold the program to move the muscle. The leg muscle
is big and take a lot of stress. So the brain neurons that hold any leg movement must be copied a couple of time. So that
while a neuron program is running there are other a resting up. Same thing for actions that are repetitive mentally or
physically.

LOCKSUIT

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
    • Enter Lair
« Reply #221 on: August 29, 2017, 02:42:43 am »
So you're saying if my leg gets tired I may choose to use another leg (no pun intended). While on the other hand (no pun intended), my thought process may get tired, BUT, as you said, that doesn't mean I'll switch the thought process topic, rather, my brain will sub-consciously (no pun intended) transfer it over to awake neurons with more energy and continue with "this leg" (no pun intended), continuing thinking about how I can use my leg to open a jar of nuts, 5, hours, straight, then finally give up and choose to think about those peanuts on the table.

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Global Moderator
  • Prometheus
« Reply #222 on: August 29, 2017, 03:23:04 am »
@ Lock.

I think he means that eventually everyone simply needs to take a rest.

See, you're already delirious! Take five...minutes, hours, days///whatever it takes for you to "recharge / regroup". O0
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

keghn

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #223 on: August 29, 2017, 03:35:52 am »
 Well basically Yes. But only if the reward is worth it to train other neurons. Cell in the body are live thing not machines.
 The need to rest, feed , and repair. Then need to a JOB that has purpose. Just like in any swarm or group the dead beet are
removed,  Or they fight back and go cancerous. Under the rule of swarm logic and swarm intelligence. A AGI will not have
this but in order to make human like intelligence in machine we go to fake it. And that will be good enough.

ranch vermin

• Not much time left.
  • Starship Trooper
  • Its nearly time!
« Reply #224 on: October 05, 2017, 03:16:37 pm »
Hello, crazy ranch is back to be with the motley crue here.  your network looks very neat and has lots of features.   it looks like something to be proud of.

You robo eye rig was grippy! (towards the beginning of the thread.)

A more sentient network is going to need more than 340k synapses, I read that ur looking into maybe doing some gpu code.
A gpu would give you alot more synapses and neurons at once,   for more resolution, or more work on the low res.   I use open cl,  but if you dont know direct x i think you can maybe use something that does the gpu conversion for you,  (offloads your iteration loops) i thought i saw one in python, but ive been out of the game for a while.

Theres newer stuff these days from when i was doing it,  but my gtx980 is better than the cards with bigger "number" these days (300 dollar cards.) with mine having double the cores!   its all cheatery and phony in the computing industry.

Kilopower
by keghn (General AI Discussion)
November 23, 2017, 11:57:32 pm
Mixing Tcl and Io
by Thierry (General Project Discussion)
November 23, 2017, 10:23:28 pm
Programming language designed specifically for AGI
by ivan.moony (General AI Discussion)
November 23, 2017, 10:20:52 pm
Theory of Everything
by Thierry (General AI Discussion)
November 23, 2017, 09:29:11 pm
When VR meets reality – how live concerts could be enhanced...
by Freddy (Virtual Reality)
November 23, 2017, 09:27:15 pm
What defines Human?
by infurl (General Chat)
November 23, 2017, 07:25:32 pm
Brain vs computer
by unreality (General AI Discussion)
November 23, 2017, 04:43:24 pm
A system for Machine Behaviour
by Thierry (General Project Discussion)
November 23, 2017, 02:28:25 pm
Chasing complexity
by infurl (Robotics News)
November 23, 2017, 07:58:53 pm
The most sensational news ever!
by 8pla.net (AI News )
November 23, 2017, 02:30:27 pm
When Good Drones go Bad
by Thierry (AI News )
November 18, 2017, 09:08:13 pm

Users Online

31 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 57. Most Online Ever: 208 (August 27, 2008, 09:36:30 am)

Articles