Yes, You should add a motor component.

korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Terminator
  • Look into my eyes! WOAH!
    • Google +
Re: The last invention.
« Reply #256 on: December 20, 2017, 10:54:43 am »
The system does have the equivalent of a motor cortex and cerebellum. I’m driving speech output through good old Microsoft Mary at the moment. Speech is expressed as a temporal pattern which was causing problems, so I’m writing a module to re-combine individual phonemes back into words, sentences in real time… ear muffs are a requirement when working on that one lol. 

I can also drive any number of servos through an output module that recombines neural patterns back into a linear output.  This drives the head servos/ steppers and will also drive the arms/ hands... which I'm still working on.

The motor cortex was required because the system has to be able to hear its own speech output/ patterns and see/ feel its own movements, this is a requirement to enable the schema to build an internal model of it's own body/ reality, which of course is linked to self awareness.

:)
It thunk... therefore it is!

ranch vermin

• Not much time left.
  • Replicant
  • Its nearly time!
« Reply #257 on: December 20, 2017, 12:16:22 pm »
god that sounds impressive, what your asking of yourself.
im going for a more direct artificial approach... but im bloody stuck on an ordinary bug, ill get back to it tomorrow.

Maybe if u see some success from me, maybe u might want to shortcut yours sometime, if you dont get anywhere for a while.  its just an idea.

Zero

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
  • Fictional character
    • SYN CON DEV LOG
« Reply #258 on: December 20, 2017, 02:43:35 pm »
The system hearing and listening to its own voice is very exciting!! So, it can feel itself, wow. It must be difficult to monitor what's happening then... I mean, the vids are always really cool, but they don't show the underlying moving structures... God damn, I'd love to see those structures, with clear labels on them. I know it's impossible, becauze they're all plugged together.

ED: I see you don't resent me for suggesting minecraft, how nice of you  ;D

LOCKSUIT

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Enter Lair
« Reply #259 on: January 18, 2018, 03:56:37 am »
I'm really excited about korrelan's project. I too would love to see more, like a tour of his lab, his Beowulf, his notes, and the AGI blueprint overview. The more I/we know about you / your AI / your knowledge, the better I/we can give feedback.

Also, I would like to cooperate on a higher level with any of yous, like a DeepMind/Google Brain team. Google does very good because they have so much money, computational power, and top experts (teams) combining different skill sets (I have a unique set: passion+unlocking). While we can't easily get supercomputers, we can easily unite and create something powerful that runs efficiently.

Korrelan, I'm reading a book called www.DeepLearningBook.org and getting better understanding of terminologies, and you/I may not understand some of my/your standard/unique terms, but, maybe the Global Thought Pattern didn't work/emerge until the frontal cortex was implemented? Because the GPT is a super-high representation at each step and represents the active representations including the GTP itself (hence mirror-mirror effect to infinity). Btw do activated representations ex. in higher layers fade in brightness slowing leaking energy? As you watch a video for example, this would show a slope of bright-to-dark lightshow moving around the brain.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 04:31:27 am by LOCKSUIT »

korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Terminator
  • Look into my eyes! WOAH!
    • Google +
« Reply #260 on: January 18, 2018, 09:45:46 am »
I'm really excited about korrelan's project.

I’m just getting back up to speed after the holidays...

I'm reading a book called www.DeepLearningBook.org

Good. All information is useful… obviously the more you know the better.  Deepmind is a very cool concept/ architecture but in its present format I personally don’t think it will ever be anything but a useful tool… a narrow AI.  Although the schema is incorrect Deepmind would represent the equivalent of the retina and V1, V2 visual cortices at the moment.

hence mirror-mirror effect to infinity

The frontal cortex is made up of hundreds of sub areas that are self organised according to which other cortex networks/ regions they are tuned to.  So for ocular/ vision for example it basically listens to the patterns in GTP that originated in the visual cortex.  As it learns the patterns it generates its own sparse patterns which eventually feedback to the visual cortex hubs amongst many other areas. Together they eventually reach a kind of equilibrium where the visual cortex’s definitions/ understanding of visual patterns are influenced by the state of the frontal cortex and vice versa. Hundreds of other networks are all doing the same and inter mixing their information in thousands of hubs/ relay points.  This is where internal, ocular, audio, tactile sensory streams are filtered, mixed and matched.

Btw do activated representations ex. in higher layers fade in brightness slowing leaking energy?

Actual images as you understand then never actually get past the retina.  The retina re-encodes the light patterns into a sparse/ compressed temporal representation that is lastly encoded by the retinal ganglion cells before being sent down the optic nerve.  You have approx 150 million light receptors (rods/ cones) in each retina, but only about a million nerve fibres in the optic cord/ nerve that passes the information to your brain. 

When you view a scene/ image for the first time your past visual experience fills in approx 85% of the information you think you are actually seeing.  Then as you move your fovea (hi resolution center) around the scene, focusing on objects you are not certain/ curious about the finer details are filled in.  This is part of how your imagination works, you are able to mentally superimpose visual information on top of what you think you are actually seeing or ‘see’ pictures in your ‘minds eye’.  It’s the main cause of hallucinations and many other mental phenomena like pareidolia and synesthesia.

So no…the patterns that represent what you are looking at don’t actually fade/ dim in the common understanding of the terms but they do loose their initial resolution/ complexity as they are converted into the mental facets your brain requires/ understands.

:)
It thunk... therefore it is!

LOCKSUIT

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Enter Lair
« Reply #261 on: January 18, 2018, 06:40:39 pm »
So Frontal Cortex affects Sensory Cortices, Sensory Cortices affect Frontal Cortex, repeat? What is the purpose of the Frontal Cortex affecting the ex. Visual Cortex? Better recognition accuracy? Higher level concepts/representations? And what is the purpose of the Visual Cortex speaking back to the Frontal Cortex? To improve how its doing its job? Backprop?

I know there's no images in the brain now. I wasn't talking about this though. What I meant was that the neurons that stand for/represent eyes/faces/talking/etc could dim in energy and fade. Why? > Because normally neuron selections/activations in the our brain algorithms go black after activation, where, if they slowly de-activate and get darker slowly, then it draws the search for new input, i.e. new sensory input considers what you were last thinking. Simply put, any activity in the brain should slowly fade away, but not instantly turn black. Do you/s do this?

Users Online

63 Guests, 1 User
Users active in past 15 minutes:
Freddy
[Administrator]

Most Online Today: 68. Most Online Ever: 208 (August 27, 2008, 09:36:30 am)

Articles