The last invention.

• 238 Replies

LOCKSUIT

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Enter Lair
Re: The last invention.
« Reply #105 on: December 12, 2016, 06:13:42 pm »
Asked out of interest.

Doesn't all the terms out there like ones you mentioned fry your mind lolllllllllllllllllll

ex.
"I tend to write the main core software packages based around third party hardware solutions and supply the software/ hardware/ installation teams/ maintenance teams based on yearly contracts."

Otherwise I've nearly FRIED my mind with so much fast paced work in such short time.

It's almost too much too keep going over and analyze for me.

Bespoke.

Welder.

Floor layer.

Accounter.

Quantum.

Universe.

Feces.

Motors.

Electrostatic discharge.

Earwax.

Grandpa.

I sit here for hours on thinking how and what will bespoke fit into in my database and what is it and just you get it.

korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
  • Look into my eyes! WOAH!
    • Google +
« Reply #106 on: December 12, 2016, 06:33:07 pm »
Many, many years ago I was an IT teacher and lecturer (18 yr olds and above)… I just remembered why I gave up and swapped vocations.

;)
It thunk... therefore it is!

LOCKSUIT

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
    • Enter Lair
« Reply #107 on: December 12, 2016, 10:52:23 pm »
There is power in a army.

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Global Moderator
  • Prometheus
« Reply #108 on: December 13, 2016, 02:20:40 pm »
But without discipline and good leadership, it's just a group of people.
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • Google +
« Reply #109 on: December 14, 2016, 07:29:26 pm »
I was going to write… there’s more power in a leggy… but yeah! I’ll second what Art wrote.

:)

LOCKSUIT

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
    • Enter Lair
« Reply #110 on: December 15, 2016, 02:09:52 am »
And who do you think the army is?

;)

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Global Moderator
  • Prometheus
« Reply #111 on: December 15, 2016, 03:35:29 am »
I KNOW who and what the Army is...the question is...Do You? ;)
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

kei10

• It's a honor to meet everyone!
  • Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • Just kidding.
« Reply #112 on: December 15, 2016, 06:18:32 am »
Sorry, but... um...
What is this thing about army? o_O

I'm a bit lost.
Greetings, signature.

LOCKSUIT

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
    • Enter Lair
« Reply #113 on: December 15, 2016, 03:54:31 pm »
K we better keep this thread's next page clean, this is korrelan's progress page afterall.

korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • Google +
« Reply #114 on: December 17, 2016, 01:23:04 pm »
Sleep

I’ll throw my pennies worth in regarding sleep.  Most of this text is from my notes for the book I’m writing so I apologise if you have read similar from me before… as usual these are my insights/ interpretations and probably not in-line with major mainstream concepts on sleep; just covering my a** lol.

I don’t think there is any difference between being asleep or awake except that the brain has less sensory stimulation. Our ‘consciousness’ doesn't seem to change.

The ‘state’ of sleep is obviously bought on through physical fatigue. Lactic acid build up in the muscle groups, etc just makes physical movement harder and this effect is enhanced by the brains requirement for a period of low activity/ rest.

A good analogy would be a modern car engine; it revs higher the more work it has to do. If your car is idling and you turn the lights on the engine management system will slightly increase the tick over to compensate for the extra current draw. It’s a dynamic system that relies on feedback from both its own senses and the driver.  If you listen closely you will even hear the revs cycle through different frequencies over a period of time, this is not by design… it’s an inherent property of a complex system.  The management might sense the battery is getting low, a breeze might blow into the air intake altering the fuel mix, the car management adapts in real time to feedback and the revs change. The engine is a self contained system that adapts to sensory input.

The ‘states’ of sleep are merely our brains ticking over, not stimulated by sensory input. As soon as a sensory stream (audio: loud noise) is fed into the cortex it springs into action (like touching the accelerator/ gas pedal).  There is a gradient from being sound asleep to wide awake.  It’s the shear amount of sensory stimulation that drives/ raises our consciousness.  Stimulus like sounds can ‘creep’ into our dreams and influence them because our all the machinery that consciousness normally comprises from is still running normally.

Like an engine our brains are a self regulating system that acts on sensory input.  When we look at a scene, the sensory stream from our eyes combines/ adds to the visual feedback stream from our imagination/ memory.  Our internal simulation of the world (as far as vision goes) is updated by both these inputs together.  There are thousands of different feedback networks running covering all our senses, etc vision is only one.

An interesting experiment to try tonight when your lay in bed.  Some/ all of you might already do this to help you fall asleep.

Once you have laid there in total darkness for a few minutes and after the activity in your retina machinery has calmed down… look into the darkness.  Notice all the little specs, blurs and gradients… I believe that’s part of your imagination, a reflection of the current state of your consciousness. 

Relax and try to look/ focus into the darkness (like stereogram), eventually a shape or image will start to become clear, could be anything… part of a face, piece of wood, gears, ice crystals… anything.  With a bit of practise you can force images to appear as though you’re looking at them and even make them morph.  Sometimes you can even focus with both eyes and achieve a feeling of 3D depth perception.

Now… you can see this? It feels like your looking at it, but your eyes are closed and it’s totally dark, so where are the images coming from?  Can’t be an after image because your eyes have calmed and you’re probably seeing something you definitely haven’t seen today, and the chances of your neurons firing randomly to make a salient image are beyond… well you know.

The brain doesn’t duplicate machinery, so if we feel someone’s pain I think we use our own pain cortices/ machinery to empathise.  This is how we can literally feel their pain.

On a similar vein I think what we see in the dark is the feedback from the other cortical areas into the occipital cortex.  A shape starts to emerge… the brain recognises it… this recognition emphasises the shape even more… and so on.  If you see an apple it’s your cortex recognising the outline of an apple as the most appropriate match for the given shape, and the thought of an apple strengthens the image.  We also use this mechanism when viewing blurred images or traffic through fog, etc.

K-complex/ Sleep spindles in the EEG trace are produced when the brain ‘locks/ snaps’ onto the swirling relaxed pattern our imagination is producing with no sensory input; this is why dreams seem to flow but always in weird seemingly unconnected ways.

Our nervous system is constantly laying down neurotransmitters and compounds at the synaptic connections ready for the next ‘thought frame’ to flush though. The body tries to clear these markers away whilst awake but the constant usage of all areas from sensory driven thoughts makes it practically impossible and a build up occurs.  If we are awake for a long enough periods this can be very detrimental to both our learning ability and mental stability. When sensory driven activity drops the brain is able to catch up on house cleaning chores; and a flurry of maintenance activity comes to the fore… this makes it appear that these processes only happen when asleep. 

Imagine if Google maps where to update its connections/ routes while you where trying to follow directions to a location.  Thousands of people would get confused… and lost.  A similar problem arose in my simulation.  Existing proven networks can be consolidated/ strengthened whilst the system is ‘awake’ but new connections/ synapse that would radically alter the dynamics of the system can’t… Whilst the brain is trying to do this constantly throughout the day it works out that it mostly occurs during sleep… one of those seemingly ‘designed’ systems evolution has come up with.

Did you ever wake up with the answer to a problem? The ‘Eureka’ was caused by two or more problems with very similar facets/ dynamics combining to create the same resulting feedback/ answer pattern.

So… when we rest and close our eyes, the brain settles and its revs drop… but the visual/ audio/ sensory streams from our bodies and imagination/ consciousness are still present/ running… and we dream. 

« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 02:34:37 pm by korrelan »

kei10

• It's a honor to meet everyone!
  • Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • Just kidding.
« Reply #115 on: December 17, 2016, 02:46:23 pm »
Very well written!
That's what I thought so, too!  ;D

Greetings, signature.

LOCKSUIT

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
    • Enter Lair
« Reply #116 on: December 17, 2016, 03:19:33 pm »
Me - "man the work recently"

Sees the above - "don't do it, don't do it"

Do note that while most books aren't compact, sometimes more words do squeeze out new discoveries.

I don't think I can resist reading it though...

It's kinda a combo of "I already got fine stuff" with "I'm not able to read (my kind of scan) a huge thing just on sleep right now"

After reading a bit, ok it's not so full of all these timbits I expected. And yes the little glowy dots in bed true.

Black is vision & is sent if no light. Sometimes I see oodles OF noodles as if are lighten neurons (or rows of them~pixels). Yes in bed they then send light. Say brightness #7 instead of black #0, brightest should be ex. #1000, color is R/G/B sticky-note, search CNN by amount in area for "purple".

korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • Google +
« Reply #117 on: December 17, 2016, 04:32:31 pm »
There are two books in progress. (200+ pages atm)

The first is my definition of the entire human condition and how I think it all works with examples/ arguments and the reasoning behind my proofs/ conclusions..

The second is basically an engineers/ programmers guide on creating a human+ level intelligence.  The low level technical specifications on what/ why/ how.

Neither is finished for obvious reasons... but they will be... eventually... lol.

LOCKSUIT

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
    • Enter Lair
« Reply #118 on: December 17, 2016, 04:39:13 pm »
Did you see the Toy Story video I had posted? Just wanna make sure. It was too funny.

korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • Google +
« Reply #119 on: December 17, 2016, 04:45:23 pm »
Yes lock I saw the video...  :)

Users Online

28 Guests, 1 User
Users active in past 15 minutes:
infurl
[Trusty Member]

Most Online Today: 57. Most Online Ever: 208 (August 27, 2008, 09:36:30 am)

Articles