The last invention.

• 317 Replies

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Enter Lair
Re: The last invention.
« Reply #315 on: April 18, 2018, 12:57:45 pm »
"the AI will just walk away from the troop of monkeys much like man would with monkeys himself"
.........Humans also don't care if they step on bugs though :P.....uh oh....I'm sorry fruit fly!! I wish I could save yous. Just my hands are dog hooves.

Hey korrelan your first posts talk about chatbot use plus your own idea for them by the sounds of it. SIDE PROJECT?? XD:

~March 2014 lol
Hi Squarebear

It is a side project… the bot was my own design.

I usually work with massive spiking neural nets that store their learned information using synapse/ axons in semantic spatiotemporal maps etc. 

I spent an hour and wrote a simple sentence parsing routine that applies the same technique to a bot.  This should enable the bot to imagine scenes/ scenarios as well as experience/ view them.   I didn't have time for the bot to learn the laws of physics so I wrote simple object collision rules etc.  The bot has a set arm length and so can reach for objects, unless the path to the object is blocked by another object.  I had gravity but forgot friction… the cup would now stay on the saucer lol.

User: Imagine a table
User: Imagine a saucer
User: Imagine a pepper pot
User: Imagine a salt pot
User: Imagine a cup
User: Can you touch the saucer
Can't touch the saucer because the pepper pot is in the way
User: Can you touch the cup
Yes I can touch the cup
User: Where is the cup
The cup (is) on top of the saucer
User: Where is the pepper pot
The pepper pot is in front of me, infront of the saucer (is) on top of the Table
User: Where is the saucer
The saucer is behind the pepper pot infront of the salt pot (is) on top of the Table
User: Where is the salt pot
The salt pot is behind the saucer (is) on top of the Table
User: Move the saucer forward
Can't move the saucer forwards because the pepper pot is in front of it
User: Move the pepper pot forward
OK! I moved the pepper pot forward
User: Move the saucer forward
OK! I moved the saucer forward
User: Move the pepper pot backwards
Can't move the pepper pot backwards because the saucer is behind it
User: Where is the cup
The cup (is) on top of the Table

No I'm afraid I've never done any scripting for chatbots, tho many years ago I did write a fabrication/ welding control system for GEC/ Alsthom that included a natural language interface (NLI) so the engineers could question the system. I'll have to dig the NLI engine out and have a play when I get five :)

What chatbot software do you use?
Emergent

korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Terminator
  • Look into my eyes! WOAH!
    • Google +
« Reply #316 on: April 18, 2018, 01:45:38 pm »
It wasn’t a conversation bot, it was an expert system, originally designed as a front end for engineers to query my welding control systems.  The welding software suite is used to keep track of the fabrication of nuclear and combined cycle power stations…it did use a simple NLI though. 

The example you posted was based on the above system, designed to illustrate a method of giving a chatbot a sense of space/ imagination, it had a ‘minds eye’ that kept track of the object locations, detecting collisions and obscured sight/ reach lines etc.

This is now built into the conversation KorrBot.

Simple sentence manipulation is easy… writing a full conversation bot is a little more complex… as I’m finding out lol.

:)
It thunk... therefore it is!

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Enter Lair
« Reply #317 on: April 19, 2018, 12:58:56 pm »
What do you think about this article? It says having the sensors close to the neuron dendrite and no the synapses
http://www.kurzweilai.net/the-brain-learns-completely-differently-than-weve-assumed-new-learning-theory-says

Are you going to modify your neuron schema now korrelan? If not, then why not?
Emergent