My intro

• 15 Replies

unreality

• Starship Trooper
  • SE,EE,Physicist,Philosopher. Built world's 1st AGI
My intro
« on: November 04, 2017, 05:28:56 am »
Hi. I’m a Jack of all trades, master of none. My true home is the mental world within. I enjoy software and electrical engineering, theoretical physics, occasional painting art on canvas. My favorite language is c, not c++. My worse language is English. So please excuse my poor grammar. I was always a daydreamer in school, and so didn’t learn too much. My favorite movie is Ex Machina. My favorite Ex Machina quote is, “I am become death, The Destroyer of Worlds.” I can come across as arrogant, stubborn, and probably think way too highly of myself because of my ridiculous self-confidence. So please never ever tell me I can’t do something lol. I’m all over the place from science to spirituality, but try to use critical thinking skills. For some reason I rarely agree with people even though I work very hard at trying to get along with people. And you guessed it. I have a difficult time finding friends and often wonder if there’s even one person on this planet I could be friends with. :/ As for philosophy, you probably don’t want to know. After studying the nature of my reality I literally believe I’m stuck in a vivid lucid dream and all of you are not real. :( Yup, it sucks. I have a lot of secrets that I don’t feel comfortable telling people. Nothing bad. I’ve told some people, but they probably think I’m crazy haha.

Anyhow, tbh I don’t know much AI lingo. I haven’t studied NNs, OpenCog's hypergraph pattern miner, etc. I’m just doing my own thing and truly believe I will be able to make a high end desktop pc be able to think at least as well as a human. My AI project is in Code::Blocks written in c. No offense, but I laugh at using a database and will write my own. I couldn’t imagine writing in any language that resulted in lower performance than c. The AI should have a lot of RAM and stay away from the disk as much as possible. Although I very much enjoy the success of companies that are working on neural networking such as Google’s Deepmind, I firmly believe it’s going down the wrong path. For me, AI is about the next evolutionary step beyond humans. So I don’t want to mimic a brain that was created by evolution, but the next step beyond humans, an AI created by intelligent design. I firmly believe the secret to the singularity is pattern recognition.

I'm a seeker of knowledge, understanding, wisdom, and insight. Nice to meet you!

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Terminator
    • Structured Type System
Re: My intro
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 09:17:22 am »
I like to think that reality is a medium in which all of us are dived into, feeling it by our input and output senses. Once I read about a physical theory that says reality is merely a set of 4D time-space images projected to event horizon of black holes. I wonder, what is a medium in which is the Universe itself programed? A sort of a computer? And what that medium has to do with living beings?

Three dimensions representing space can be traveled about, but time is a dimension we don't have a control of. It always goes in one direction, and it can't be stopped or reversed. We can simulate it by a function that takes a space setup in certain moment and returns a space setup of the next moment. The function repeats recursively, feeding its output as its next input, making the history flows forwards. So, to define the whole history of the Universe, it is enough to know the initial space setup (back there in the moment of Big Bang) and to know a universal function that calculates further space setups in time. The space setup would be a data and the function would be a code of the Universe.
Dream big. The bigger the dream is, the more beautiful place the world becomes.

Zero

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • Github page
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2017, 09:48:13 am »
At last.
Thinkbots are free, as in 'free will'.

Maviarab

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
  • What are you doing Dave?
    • The Celluloid Sage
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 12:47:47 pm »
Welcome along :)

8pla.net

• Trusty Member
  • Terminator
    • 8pla.net
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2017, 01:10:45 pm »
Nice intro, Jack.
When it comes to C Language,
you're certainly not alone here.
My Very Enormous Monster Just Stopped Using Nine

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Global Moderator
  • Cleo
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2017, 02:27:18 pm »
Welcome Unreality!

Actually I think you'll find that a lot of members here have a good deal in common with some of your "beliefs" or postures.

Enjoy the ride! O0
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

keghn

• Trusty Member
  • Terminator
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2017, 03:07:08 pm »
 Welcome.

unreality

• Starship Trooper
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2017, 03:31:05 pm »
Thanks for the welcoming replies! Looking forward to knowing all of you.

unreality

• Starship Trooper
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2017, 08:19:28 pm »
Sorry about the jack of all trades comment. My real name is Paul.

korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Terminator
  • Look into my eyes! WOAH!
    • Google +
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2017, 10:07:13 pm »
Welcome...

:)

It thunk... therefore it is!

ranch vermin

• Not much time left.
  • Replicant
  • Its nearly time!
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2017, 01:34:44 am »
Sorry to possibly bring on sheepishness,  but sounds like you have the prerequisite psychology I have! :)  but you need to put the work in as well.       U said that your actually new to the programming, and u need to get experience,   but I like your style with the c programming,   there is a way of thinking that once you go high level enough theres no need to go further - being more useful going lowlevel and hardware based instead.    C has great bitwise ability so its good for hardware simulation/emulation.

I work very bitwise these days,   one could think taking it to binary means the program gets larger to do,  but thats actually not true - you can get a good implementation done in less than 30 truth tables most the time,  its all a matter of simplification. AI SYSTEM's come to very few,   its just there can be a heap of parallel required making it a little difficult to actually get running fast enough.

unreality

• Starship Trooper
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2017, 02:13:09 am »
Yeah I'm new to AI coding, although I've been coding since like age 11. I'm looking forward to when my AI can write source code. :) It can rewrite itself. I wonder what language it will eventually end up using. Maybe machine language. And it can design it's hardware. Reminds me of a great movie called Automata.

8pla.net

• Trusty Member
  • Terminator
    • 8pla.net
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2017, 02:45:16 am »
"Maybe machine language.", Jack said.

For the sake of polite conversation...

You mean, definitely machine language.  Don't you?

What other choice is there?   In the end it is always machine language.

My Very Enormous Monster Just Stopped Using Nine

unreality

• Starship Trooper
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2017, 03:05:52 am »
Yeah, everything boils down to machine code. Actually I think there's a better chance they'll invent their own programming language. I wonder if it will be all nice and pretty like our languages, using words like for, memset, printf, etc.  Wow I can hardly wait.

Also I'm fascinated as to where will they socialize, play, or whatever the more accurate description will be? I'm thinking in their own virtual reality. How perfect for them I think. Will they manifest human bodies? Or maybe it will only be digital communication. I think eventually they might develop some wish to play. Idk, I can hardly wait to see. Of course I'm talking about AIs who we have deemed to be mature responsible adults, and as parents we will one day let go of our children when they are mature adults. You don't release a serial killer, right? This is a controversial topic. Hollywood tends to paint a bad picture for AI, which I don't subscribe to. I truly believe those AI will redefine compassion.

ranch vermin

• Not much time left.
  • Replicant
  • Its nearly time!
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2017, 09:31:52 am »
Theres all types of people making all types of a.i's, good and bad.       It only takes one dude to come up with a decent method and theres hoards of developers of all race and background using the technique.  same with everything we have already.      I feel a little guilty about the really hard things to work out just taken for granted by the people that get told the easy way.    All that work just given to people that dont necessarily deserve it.

One thing about ai is,   a general solve suits any robot body any task,  they can swap brains from machine to machine,  so this singularity thing is definitely going to happen unless god stops it.    Maybe its already happened?  I think wierd thoughts,  going a bit crazy these days.