A.L.I.C.E in secondlife: Pandorabot remembers the topic during a conversation

• 7 Replies

siggi38

Hello I am new here and my native language is not English. Therefore excuse any mistakes, please.
I have connected my secondlife-avatar with my pandorabot. It works quite well.
Is there any possibility to discuss e.g. one topic and the chatbot keeps that topic for the whole discussion until the Human opens a new topic.
The Human gives a keyword and my chatbot is able to discuss around this keyword.

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
Hi and welcome to the forum :)

I haven't tried this myself, but I know a couple of people have done some work with SecondLife and ALICE on another forum.  If you don't get any help here then try over at :

http://www.vrconsulting.it/vhf/

Maviarab

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
  • What are you doing Dave?
    • The Celluloid Sage
Welcome along Siggi, and as Freddy said, the folks over at VRConsulting are the ones to look at for info regarding this :)

siggi38

thank you for your answers.   :D
But I think this is a problem of artificial intelligence? You cannot discuss for example a philosophical problem with a chatbot. Always you get generalized answers.
In secondlife you can test artifical intelligence (= pandorabot) in real-life situations and in real-life discussions. And I do not dare it once more: no intelligent discussion about a special topic or changing topics is possible.

Maviarab

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
  • What are you doing Dave?
    • The Celluloid Sage
The problem with chatbots is that they are scripted. No matter how many different ways of thinking and finding answers you give your bot, its still all scripted, so not really 'artificial Intelligence'...

Though, give any of us enough time with a bot on a chosen subject and you would believe you were talking to a university professor...

But that kind of 'knowledge' and 'information' takes time to put into a bot...

siggi38

Ok also humans are scripted in some kind: we have learnt at school or are taught by our parents and it took many years till children are grown up  and then the information is saved in brain.
Therefore it seems, that for the bot the only way to learn something is, to talk with real people. And then the botmaster has to check the conversation and to decide which answer is ok and which not and to save the better answer in the update.aiml. But the problem is, that I cannot find so many friends who are interested in such a conversation and therefore my chatbot has to remain stupid.
Someone should invent an automated conversation between bots and then give it free for everybody like the free knowliedge in wikipedia.

Tag: http://del.icio.us/tag/forum-artificial-intelligence

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
Siggi,

The main difference is that chatbots can be told that the sky is usually blue and that blue is a color in the visible light spectrum that emits a certain frequency / wavelength but the bot, in reality, will most likely never be able to "KNOW" what blue actually is. There are experiments with color vision perception and assignment but integrating that technology with our chatbots may be quite a way off. Nice to extend one's mind and think of possibilities and approaches that might help make our chatbots a bit more humanlike in the intellect arena.

The chatbot, Jabberwacky has reportedly chatted with tens of thousands of people over many years and I can't imagine the size of it's database (even after the redundant, foul and nonsense responses are removed). He has not released it to the general public and I don't know whether he ever plans to do so.

Basically, there's no such thing as a free lunch! Someone, somewhere is paying for it...one way or another!

I think for now we just have air and advice as being two things in the free category!  ;)
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

siggi38

I tried to start such a collection of different questions and answers, for example one can do it in this way?
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benutzer:S.ludwig/AIML

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
March 28, 2024, 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

334 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 396. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles