AIML interpreter "program e": customtags.php problem

• 6 Replies

Dread

AIML interpreter "program e": customtags.php problem
« on: September 30, 2006, 05:53:22 pm »
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone here is working with program e and could help me with that:
My bot worked fine until I modified the "customtags.php" to implement some learning capabilities.
Now "Lara" keeps telling me: "I don't know that bot: TestBot"
I would be glad, if anyone could help me.
Simon

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
Re: AIML interpreter "program e": customtags.php problem
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006, 08:24:41 pm »
OK...where's Knytetrypper when you need him!?

His area of expertise in botdom is the AIML, Alice types.

I'm sure he'll be able to suggest to get you (or rather your bot) going again!

:afro
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

Dread

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 08:29:58 pm »
I sure hope so.
Thank you for your optimism. :-)

KnyteTrypper

• Electric Dreamer
  • Onward thru the fog!
    • AI Nexus
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2006, 06:24:48 am »
Art may be giving me an undue amount of credit, lol. My major area of study has been AIML, but mostly at Pandorabots. I've tinkered some with  desktop engines like Program P, but I'm by no means a programmer, and Programs D and E in particular require more general computer savvy than I possess.

You didn't say whether you know, and if so what "Testbot" is. Taking a leap, here, I'll assume it's an AIML document which contains the new functionalities you referred to. My paltry store of knowledge about Program E leads me to immediately inquire if you've remembered to add it to the queue for your "startup.xml" file? It, of course, specifies which files the engine should include when constructing the graphmaster, and if you haven't specifically listed a new file there, then that's very likely the source of your problem. Some engines will just ignore extraneous files, but I'm sure others find them objectionable, and Program E may be one of the latter.

Unfortunately, except for a couple of Program D guys we're pretty much all Pandorabots folks over at my site. But I'll ask around to see if anyone has any ideas, and if my first guess doesn't solve your problem post again and I'll help you work on it further. Welcome to the forum, BTW. There are some might fine folks here.
  - KT

Dread

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2006, 12:25:30 pm »
Thank you very much for the warm welcome and your intention to help me.
"Testbot" is the value of a variable called $botname. It is used by program e to identify the personality of a bot, or at least I think it is. For some reason it doesn't seem to work. There IS A bot called TestBot and it is the only bot in the database, but somehow, program e isn't able to find him/it.
I think I ought to ask someone who really knows the program. I'll try to contact the developer and ask her.
Anyway, if you here from someone using program e with customtags or experiencing the same problem, let me know.
Thanks again
Simon

Dread

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2006, 12:51:37 pm »
Heureka! I did it!
The error was quite simple: My customtags.php connected to a database other than the one in which program e's "bot"-table was stored. Afterwards, it didn't connect back to the program e database, so program e could not find the bot table and therefor none of my bots. I got the idea when I tried to describe to the developer what I had done. Sometimes it's good to try to explain one's own code to find a bug.
Thank you
Simon

:afro

KnyteTrypper

• Electric Dreamer
  • Onward thru the fog!
    • AI Nexus
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2006, 01:13:10 pm »
Congratulations! Sounds like a hallmark victory for the good guys, lol. I know how aggravatingly pernicious problems like that can be. It's been my own experience that often they're just too simple to notice for a while. Glad you found your solution. If you have questions or input more generally AIML oriented, come visit us over at A.I. Nexus Forum. We also have a collection of games, shortcuts, fixes, etc. you might want to peruse.

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
March 28, 2024, 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

352 Guests, 1 User
Users active in past 15 minutes:
WriterOfMinds
[Trusty Member]

Most Online Today: 396. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles