How to make synonim words (not srai) in AIML

• 5 Replies

basketmen

How to make synonim words (not srai) in AIML
« on: December 30, 2007, 03:20:16 am »

How to make synonim a word for the entire aiml, for example if someone write DOG its mean DOGGIE too

i dont want to create srai for each category in the entire aiml files that containing DOGGIE word like <srai>DOGGIE</srai> to forward to DOG meaning, there are hundreds of that words

i just want the system automatically recognize DOG its mean DOGGIE too

what code to do that??? lets share our knowledge, this is the most usefull information to save our time

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
Re: How to make synonim words (not srai) in AIML
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 12:53:08 pm »

How to make synonim a word for the entire aiml, for example if someone write DOG its mean DOGGIE too

i dont want to create srai for each category in the entire aiml files that containing DOGGIE word like <srai>DOGGIE</srai> to forward to DOG meaning, there are hundreds of that words

i just want the system automatically recognize DOG its mean DOGGIE too

what code to do that??? lets share our knowledge, this is the most usefull information to save our time

It might be interesting as a personal project but the usage of the word doggie is practically nil.
In other words, if you're looking for the word meaning young dog it would puppy. The same
as cat would not be catty but kitten, and so on....

Common spoken English rarely uses such words and in the case of cattty, it implies an aire
of smugness regarding a group of people with attitudes and rude behavior.

Good luck if this is your goal.
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

basketmen

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 08:36:51 pm »
yeah i believe there is way to do this

maybe not using code in aiml file, but how to recognize it from and to mysql database

if you know program to do that lets try and discuss it here guys

NickyBlue

• Roomba
    • Cosmos - A Quest!
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 07:35:06 am »
Well try manipulating the in memory data structure or just simply tweak the AIML loader code a bit is one simple way or else you can go for ....smile.

as far as...

"It might be interesting as a personal project but the usage of the word doggie is practically nil.
In other words, if you're looking for the word meaning young dog it would puppy. The same
as cat would not be catty but kitten, and so on...."

is concern we humans talk too freely without caring much for any gramatical authenticity in day to day life. Try remember how many time you might have constructed a slang word by adding some suffix or prefix to a word to put your message across if you can't find right word in nick of time. So this whole Dog - Doogie thing don't apply in normal conversation with user. And the matter get more complicated (especially how AIML thing is dealt now) when we mixed more than one language in same sentences. We usually do here in between English-Hindi or my native state languages. You folks also must have some second language i.e Spanish? No? or maybe just slanging in english itself. But I think that out of context for your bot in present state. But tweaking Loder code a bit might solve problem in far more easier way than anything else I suppose. But its just my Idea! I can't say that I know AIML in real sense but it might of help...

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 11:43:31 am »
For the vast majority of American born people, our language is English. In school most are forced / required to take a second language choice like German, Russian, Spanish.... This language is usually taught for a 2 year period.

Most will never use or have an opportunity to use that learned language so that knowledge simply fades away.

English is quite difficult for a non-American born person to learn yet some manage to do a pretty good job of doing so. Even having said that, an American born person can quickly spot a foreigner through his or her speech. There are slight nuances and wording that catch our ear and indicate a person from a foreign country. Much like, I suppose, an American would "stand out" in a foreign country using high-school French or Russian, etc.

Language is a gateway and also a barrier at the same time. One day, we'll all wear language translators (maybe implants) that instantly decode non-native speech no matter where you live!

Who knows....
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

squarebear

• Trusty Member
  • Terminator
  • It's Hip to be Square
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2013, 12:50:44 pm »
Since this was posted 6 years ago, Progam AB has been developed. In this, you can edit the "normal.txt" file to include extra substitutions such as doggie for dog.
Feeling Chatty?
www.mitsuku.com

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
March 28, 2024, 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

297 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 396. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles