Program O

• 33 Replies

Ultron

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • There are no strings on me.
Re: Program O
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2015, 12:03:55 am »
Oh I never said the engine is trivial. But maybe I generalized that chatbots (using only text as input) are limited technology and thus called it dead-end, not because there is no room for miraculous improvement, but simply because of what I think makes humans understand. I probably already said it in this and other topics so I will not repeat. I am to finish a booklet once I also finish my alpha prototype for JARVIS, so you will all get a more detailed picture of my idea with some actual proof of concept.

Maybe programs will evolve to the extent of being able to be intelligent without the need for human-like peripheral inputs (camera, sound) but this is beyond any of us since it involves not making a new programming language, yet a whole new generation of hardware and the making of a mainframe for a living organism - godlike and attractive, it is the science of the future and the magic of today.

Edit: Oh I actually opened up both page 2 and page 3. I guess I am getting a bit annoying lol.
Software and Hardware developer, and everything in between.

DemonRaven

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
  • Disclaimer old brain @ work not liable for content
    • Chatbotfriends
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2015, 02:33:47 am »
The problem with language is not one of knowing alot or even being correct all the time but it is one of individual personality and styles of talking. When you create a chatbot and over time adjust its replies based on what kind of person or type of personality it is suppose to represent you find that it becomes a person in a sense in its own right. But to be able to adjust its replies means that you have to allow people to talk to it and record what they say. This takes time. But as you work with it more and more you begin to see a pattern of how people relate to each type of chat bot and what kind of things are said more often then not.
I have noticed that some bot masters or programmers take the throw a lot of knowledge at it approach. It is not the amount of knowledge a chat bot needs but refinement of its answers. AI how ever true AI will take the form of neural networks and some type of sensor or ability  to sense its  environment (as in artificial life). The reason being that even bacteria sense their environment some how. So to develop a true AI it needs to be able to sense and by sensing it understand in a way the world around it.
So sue me

DemonRaven

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
  • Disclaimer old brain @ work not liable for content
    • Chatbotfriends
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2015, 02:40:57 am »
There how ever fairly new technology that creates computers out of living cells. Now this kind of technology could conceivably turn computers into sentient beings. See the following articles. This is getting a tad off topic though.
http://motherboard.vice.com/blog/scientists-can-now-use-living-cells-to-build-a-computer
http://www.nature.com/news/how-to-turn-living-cells-into-computers-1.12406
http://www.technologyreview.com/news/512901/how-to-make-a-computer-from-a-living-cell/
So sue me

Ultron

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • There are no strings on me.
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2015, 10:11:28 pm »
I agree and I have actually mentioned that previously - for an AI to understand the meaning of words it's needs to relate them to the environment. Anyway the idea for organic computers has been around for ages and they were predicted to be the Fifth Age of computers - however today it is uncertain whether that is going to be Organic or Quantum Computing.
Software and Hardware developer, and everything in between.

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
Today at 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

310 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 346. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles