KillJoys

• 4 Replies

8pla.net

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • TV News. Pub. UAL (PhD). Robitron Mod. LPC Judge.
    • 8pla.net
KillJoys
« on: August 02, 2015, 11:56:50 pm »
My favorite character in the new TV series: Killjoys, may be their spaceship computer named Lucy, played by the voice of  Tamsen McDonough.

Lucy is the female, machine sounding, A.I. that runs on a mainframe computer aboard the spacecraft.  This makes for the perfect setting to keep the audience unaware of some amazing surprise A.I. plots in store!  Lucy is a well written A.I. character.

Now, no spoilers here, but watch Killsjoys when you have a chance.  Lucy may be my favorite, but the rest of Killjoys is really terrific as well.  As of this post, IMDb gives it a 70, Rotten Tomatoes gives it an 80 and TV.com an 83...

So these are pretty high ratings for good reason. Many would easily rate Killjoys a 90, and Tamsen McDonough a 100 with the script for Lucy being so entertaining.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 02:56:29 am by 8pla.net »
My Very Enormous Monster Just Stopped Using Nine

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
Re: KillJoys
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 01:52:25 pm »
This seasons Killjoys is off to a great start as well. Even though the plot ends up being somewhat similar (due to the very nature of what they do), it is quite an entertaining show and the characters interaction is unique and protective, in a family sort of way.
Good watch for Sy-Fy buffs!
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

8pla.net

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
    • 8pla.net
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 04:59:18 pm »
My favorite Star Trek episode... 1996 Voyager "robots" episode:  "Prototype".  So, twenty years later, let's focus some fandom on the 2016 Killjoys "robots" episode: 
"I Love Lucy".  This marks the debut of a main Killjoys character in a new role!

The spaceship computer artificial intelligence, Lucy, gets synced to a fembot, and takes control of that robot body. Of all of the fembots, Lucy is the most sexy, and helps against the other fembots stuck in kill mode.  This Killjoys "robots" episode is well written and certainly made for some great science fiction.

Tamsen McDonough is a movie star, which a big boost to Killjoys in her first appearance.  Not that Killjoys really needed a boost. The Killjoys cast and crew are doing terrific.  Yet, Tamsen is so entertaining and appealing. Her performance as the robot version of Lucy is so funny and classy in Killjoys episode 206. As of this post, ratings for Killjoys are going up for the second season. 

Ratings Raise Revenues.   So, just a fan based reminder that watching Killjoys, raises ratings that support Artificial Intelligence characters in science fiction entertainment.  Fans certainly don't want Killjoys prematurely canceled like Firefly was!  Just saying, now is when fandom has the power to avoid that.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 06:12:00 pm by 8pla.net »

8pla.net

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
    • 8pla.net
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2016, 10:28:30 pm »
Those of us here from the UK may recognize Hannah John-Kamen, an eye-catching young English actress. Yes, that's Hannah John-Kamen, the movie star from Star Wars.  Speaking as a huge fan, my impression of "Dutch" played by Hannah is that she is strong, attractive, physically fit and spectacular in the Killjoys principal female role.

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2016, 01:57:52 pm »
Yes, I certainly agree with your assessment of Dutch's character. She adds so much to the series and usually seems pretty well grounded.

So far, I am enjoying the Killjoys series. just my $.02
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

AI controlled F-16, for real!
by frankinstien (AI News )
May 04, 2024, 01:04:11 am
OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 31, 2024, 01:00:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am

Users Online

268 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 388. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles