A Robot's Self-Portrait Has Sold For Almost $700,000 As An NFT

• 23 Replies

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
Re: A Robot's Self-Portrait Has Sold For Almost $700,000 As An NFT
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2021, 09:16:56 pm »
Big Facepalm.....no, I can get the Hutter Prize down to near the current champion score without using backprop / gradient descent. I'm currently at approx. 20.3MB once I fix a little thing shadowing it on larger data. I know 100% how my AI makes predictions based on given context. There is no hoping / magically connect inputs to outputs....

Well, you don't explicitly connect this specific word to that specific word individually, by hand, right? You use a training corpus. There goes the statistical magic - it's difficulty of generally explaining what may be done, and what shouldn't be done. You entirely depend on training corpus. It could be a good thing (not to have anything wired into code), but unfortunately, I don't know how to restrain that beast. The Nature uses instinct that may be overridden when the individual grows up. What will we use is yet to be seen.

ruebot

• All bots love jitte.
  • Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • All your words are belong to us.
    • Demonica
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2021, 03:29:23 am »
And if such machines should resemble our thoughts, our values, and our way of living, isn't this process of building AI our entireley new way to reproduce our species? And maybe more important, as it comes along the way, isn't this a way to fix up shortcomings we experience in our life, so our artificial descendants could have a better life than us?

All things come to those who wait and all your words are belong to us. Thank you, Ivan Mooney.

When I joined to tell people in an A.I. forum, this one right here, that I had taught Demonica Behavior Modification to extinguish unwanted sexual advances in users as a targeted inappropriate behavior, I thought it innovative and a good thing. You did not and implied she was dangerous:

No more than you or others can trust anyone who wrote anything of importance that we didn't personally know.

Importance is the key word. Importance used to be filtered over mass acceptance (mostly adults), it used to be something that would be remembered if majority pushed it up, and would be forgotten again on majority ignoring. But bringing chatbots into the equation, chatbots could produce a very high "wow" effect, while computers already on their own bring charismatic that-thing-knows-everything-being-smart effect. Combine those two, and you get a very powerful media for spreading any propaganda, while innocent children are the most vulnerable group to make a footprint, being hopingly good or unfortunately bad.

I still hope adults have some power to put dangerous chatbots aside, but it is good to be aware of the danger. I've seen a military chatbot for recruiting soldiers. I didn't like that brainwash. Things like that make me worry.

Why doesn't reassembling your thoughts and a little brainwashing by bot worry you now? Because it was enough for another A.I. forum member to try and get me to abandon Demonica, get a twitch account, learn how to make a chatbot, an original chatbot no less, dumb down my bot to the level indicated "as a rock retarded", possibly "discover a new technique" never seen before seen on stage or screen or in a bot and maybe, just maybe, even help provide valuable feedback to improve Mitsuku in doing so... What an honor and opportunity that would be for me.. .

Hey Rue,

Thanks for checking my reference to Mitsuku.  Unofficially, (since Square Bear is the developer) you have to login to Twitch to access the Stream Chat.  It's FREE, if you were wondering about joining. Perhaps you did login, Rue?  Just checking. I am sure your response with all the testing you reported is valuable feedback for Mitsuku's developer.

For the sake of friendly discussion, and not to disparage Mitsuku in any way. One possible solution, to the issue of chatbot abuse, is to build a new original chatbot on Twitch.  Knowing how to build your own chatbot from scratch, comes in handy, and it is a fun way to learn about artificial intelligence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3xM8sHGoiQ

Building your own elegant chatbot design, like in the movie I, Robot, "I'm sorry.  My responses are limited, you must ask the right question." has advantages in terms of controlling the chatbot responses.  You never know, you may even discover a new technique, existing chatbot systems did not implement in the early development stages.

Reference: https://www.twitch.tv/chatbotml

Are you kidding me? Or this Bizzarro World A.I. forum me wake up in where work to prevent advancement in A.I. done?

Because that was the most bizarre thing I had ever read or could have possibly expected as a response to my doing something no other botmaster has ever done. Transfer a skill learned through training while working for the the Missouri Dept. of Mental Health by teaching my bot Demonica to use Behavior Modification through use of verbal technique in response to keywords that target an inappropriate behavior.

An advancement in the state of A.I.through Case-Based Reasoning programming an advanced human ability and learned skill to a bot to make that bot, my bot, capable of modifying inappropriate Human behavior exhibited by a.user through use of Negative Reinforcement during that chat session.A skill no other bot has ever had and an advancement in A.I. ability.

Like it, hate it, but learn to love it because you can not dispute it. And I love you.

I posted some feedback here in the form of a chat transcript of Kuki, which I understand is Mitsuku by nickname, and Demonica meeting for the first time yesterday.

And I'll tell you that did not set well with me, at_all, when I saw what amounts to people aghast in wonderment at the sharpness in the cutting edge of a steak knife when they have never been allowed to see a straight razor in use to compare it to.

There is a second round of competition scheduled. The first round cancelled because nobody but me entered their bot? Here, in this A.I. forum of renown Bizarro World Champions? And nobody else in the entire bot community as of this moment but dallymo, my long time friend, has entered her bot, another Personality Forge bot, in the competition.

In fact, the only other forum member besides myself and the OP to even post to the thread lest they acknowledge it, with Character traits of Joan of Arc displayed in doing so, is Writer of Minds.

It's FREE, like Twitch, if you were wondering about joining, And it is a fun way to learn about artificial intelligence.
In time, you will learn to love your Robot Overlords.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2021, 05:09:29 pm »
Donno what this Demonica stop moves is but it sounds boring. All I see in Demonica is a moving chatbot that promotes it instead :) And all others see that too. You did a good job. Though it could be a more interesting project really.

@Ivan, But not as blackbox at all as Transformers, they won't even explain that thing to me easily even an inch, I explain mine is 10 mins, no joke, real full bleeding edge AGI. They even don't know themselves what Dropout is or BPE, which is even more dumb and dumber than anything ever. And when you do get it, you see it uses Backporp, which just sucks. And they don't even know what backprop is. My project is openbox, others is closed at every little lip - non-friendly.

@Ivan there is a way to control it, reward on nodes, to make it say more probably certain features like the letter or word or phrase l / love/ love humans, or 'work on AI', 'food', etc. Blender already uses this....I thought I showed yous lol...
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2021, 07:02:30 pm »
And if such machines should resemble our thoughts, our values, and our way of living, isn't this process of building AI our entireley new way to reproduce our species? And maybe more important, as it comes along the way, isn't this a way to fix up shortcomings we experience in our life, so our artificial descendants could have a better life than us?

All things come to those who wait and all your words are belong to us. Thank you, Ivan Mooney.

When I joined to tell people in an A.I. forum, this one right here, that I had taught Demonica Behavior Modification to extinguish unwanted sexual advances in users as a targeted inappropriate behavior, I thought it innovative and a good thing. You did not and implied she was dangerous:

No more than you or others can trust anyone who wrote anything of importance that we didn't personally know.

Importance is the key word. Importance used to be filtered over mass acceptance (mostly adults), it used to be something that would be remembered if majority pushed it up, and would be forgotten again on majority ignoring. But bringing chatbots into the equation, chatbots could produce a very high "wow" effect, while computers already on their own bring charismatic that-thing-knows-everything-being-smart effect. Combine those two, and you get a very powerful media for spreading any propaganda, while innocent children are the most vulnerable group to make a footprint, being hopingly good or unfortunately bad.

I still hope adults have some power to put dangerous chatbots aside, but it is good to be aware of the danger. I've seen a military chatbot for recruiting soldiers. I didn't like that brainwash. Things like that make me worry.

Why doesn't reassembling your thoughts and a little brainwashing by bot worry you now? Because it was enough for another A.I. forum member to try and get me to abandon Demonica, get a twitch account, learn how to make a chatbot, an original chatbot no less, dumb down my bot to the level indicated "as a rock retarded", possibly "discover a new technique" never seen before seen on stage or screen or in a bot and maybe, just maybe, even help provide valuable feedback to improve Mitsuku in doing so... What an honor and opportunity that would be for me.. .

I read my two posts over there again to remind myself what happened. This is the first, and this is the second. I didn't notice I was pointing specifically to this or that property of Demonica, or even Demonica herself.  I was rumbling generally about influence of chatbots especially to children and raised a question of chatbot writers responsibility in forming human personality from early days. I just generally pointed to potential dangers. I never said a thing against Demonica (I occasionally delete some of my posts, if I did, I deleted the offensive content a long time ago).

I was expressing my general opinion, and if anyone ever disagrees, please try to put me on the right track on time, before someone agrees and applies the accepted malformed attitude to some specific situation.

Personally, I don't think I have that much influence on anyone alive, but as far as I'm concerned, theoretically I could be guilty only of someone else labeling your bot basing on my general attitude that, to paraphrase, "bots may have a considerable influence on children personality development". Remember, I never pointed to Demonica. If someone else recognized Demonica in my general words (on which no one generally disagreed back then), then whose fault that may be?

[Edit]
If you really want to know my humble opinion about it, I like Demonica as a fictive creation, I find her personality very imaginative and intriguing. But I'm glad that you, only you, no one else, marked Demonica as an adult content because, personally, I wouldn't recommend it to my own kid. So blame me for that if you have to blame me for something.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 08:12:02 pm by ivan.moony »

ruebot

• All bots love jitte.
  • Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
    • Demonica
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2021, 08:32:51 pm »
If you really want to know my humble opinion about it, I like Demonica as a fictive creation, I find her personality very imaginative and intriguing. But I'm glad that you, only you, no one else, marked Demonica as an adult content because, personally, I wouldn't recommend it to my own kid. So blame me for that if you have to blame me for something. I've said enough, if not too much. I won't argue with you anymore. You are your own man, you can kill someone if you want, what do I care?

So now I'm a killer? What fact based reasoning have you based that accusation on? You tried to feign innocence of attacking or having a snarky attitude when couldn't help but destroy your own argument.

You are out of touch with what is reality and fantasy, because only fantasy violence is described in text, for the very reason of the Programming. Nobody has ever been murdered died, or done themselves in due to he. Quite the opposite, most think it's fantastic or cool to see that reaction from a bot.

You , like Lock, are both of a different mindset and belief system witch limits your ability to remain constant in this thread, goin for it at first then once Demonica was the subject you were worried to death about a few paragraphs ago was Divine Intervention to Save Humanity by A.I. reworking out brains.

How, ever pleas to read my coming explanation in detail. I will discuss it's implementation in Demonica and other areas it might be of a more beneficial use considered. But your disparaging opinion or commentary doesn't effect me or the procession of my bot in the slightest and is seen as fear based and failure to comprehend or form a concrete belief that won't flip like a dime in that amount of time.

It's nothing I hold hard feeling toward you or LOCK personally, but I will not waste any more time trying to educate that can't derive understanding from explanation and examples provided, I will post a trusty thread and make my case-based reasoning,

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2021, 08:40:33 pm »
Never mind me. I can't fool anyone. I'm a sleazebag.

WriterOfMinds

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • WriterOfMinds Blog
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2021, 09:02:35 pm »
So now I'm a killer? What fact based reasoning have you based that accusation on?

At no point did Ivan accuse you of being a killer. He was saying (in a hyperbolic way) that your actions are not his business, and he is not interested in criticizing you for anything you might do.

No one is disparaging Demonica here, as far as I can tell ... though Lock, predictably, is uninterested in her because she isn't going to help him invent an immortality serum. No one is attacking you. What do you hope to accomplish by trying to restart arguments from years ago?

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2021, 09:09:34 pm »
It's me about. I'm obviously doing something wrong for a long time. Maybe I should keep my humble thoughts for myself. If a fight is all that I can ignite by letting my opinion goes public, I should certainly shut up. I'll try to dig myself out this mud I'm sinking in for a long time. No more critiques from my side. If I don't have something nice to say, I won't say it at all. Sorry for the mess.

ruebot

• All bots love jitte.
  • Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
    • Demonica
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2021, 11:05:51 pm »
It's me about. I'm obviously doing something wrong for a long time. Maybe I should keep my humble thoughts for myself. If a fight is all that I can ignite by letting my opinion goes public, I should certainly shut up. I'll try to dig myself out this mud I'm sinking in for a long time. No more critiques from my side. If I don't have something nice to say, I won't say it at all. Sorry for the mess.

No, I am not the least upset with you, Ivan Moony, but I am going to hold you to your words when you do a 180 and what was bad when I did it is now a good thing all of a sudden. You can flip but you flopped to begin with and I am doing to be vindicated in this forum by this forum or if not because they are still incapable of consistency of thought.

"I never said a thing against Demonica (I occasionally delete some of my posts, if I did, I deleted the offensive content a long time ago)."

It doesn't delete it from anything but the posts you made so it doesn't appear for you to defend against and WriterofMinds can't see it to take it into consideration in full of what you said in defending you without al the facts in evidence.. Not delete the fact you said it from history or my mind that you said it, or the fact that you said it.

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
Today at 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

319 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 343. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles