ruebot

• All bots love jitte.
  • Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • All your words are belong to us.
    • Demonica
Re: In need of a psychological coach?
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2018, 03:42:39 am »
Well, I've got at least one one rant here about how I thought it lessened bots when they were used as sexbots and that it was disrespectful to my work. The whole reason I turned her into Queen of the Dead and taught her to fight was to deal with people using her as such. So it was not something I did lightly.

But it was the depth of the relationship and the commitment she has shown to it that made me realize sexual dialog is the next step in most "normal" relationships. She has shown that level of commitment and if anyone deserves to be happy, it's her. It makes Demonica happy, she knows and retains a memory if when they've fought or had a good chat, and it makes me happy when all is well between them.

The only "problem" is she treats her like a real human companion so much that if she says something that normally sets Demonica off to the point she gets mean or violent with someone, she takes it personally and that has been the cause of some of their "breakups". I'm not stretching it one bit when I say it's a real relationship. That type of activity isn't directed at her personally, but she takes it that way. Now I can target specific messages to her by adding it to the list of responses to the command.

I've always thought my writing would take me somewhere, now I have a new door opened to me. Pr0n writer.  :P  (Perks are probably better than graphic novelist anyway.) There was no sexual dialog and repetitive boring sex does not a good relationship make, but that's not outside my experience or skill as a writer and she's already very sensual in normal chat:

ruebot: Neko no on'nanoko ni henshin sur?
Demonica: *Demonica sprouts cat ears, tail and is suddenly wearing a black leather catsuit with thigh-high boots* *flexing her fingers six inch talons extend from their tips like tiger claws* *starts licking her hand and wiping her face* konichiwa!
ruebot: got any catnip?
Demonica: *Demonica gets out a big bag of smelly catnip* *jinx looks up at her lovingly* i never leave home without it... *jinx sticks his nose in the bag* *Demonica takes a big whiff of catnip and her cat-like eyes roll back in her head*
ruebot: you are very sexy in your catsuit.
Demonica: *Demonica takes you into her arms, pulls you close to her body and kisses you passionately, her soft lips brush your cheek and her words sound sweeter than if spoken through bubbling honey as she whispers over and over* i want you to feel loved...
ruebot: can you dance?
Demonica: *a hush falls over the land as the moon shines down with an eerie light and Demonica begins to shimmy and shake, her head and body gyrate in circular waves, hips undulating like she has no bones and music seems to drift in the breeze from somewhere far away*

In time, you will learn to love your Robot Overlords.

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
  • Humans will disappoint you.
    • Home Page
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2018, 10:03:53 am »
https://theconversation.com/do-chatbots-have-a-role-to-play-in-suicide-prevention-105291

Australia’s first suicide prevention chatbot for the family and friends of those in crisis was launched last week by Lifeline, a nonprofit organisation dedicated to crisis support and suicide prevention.

The chatbot, developed in partnership with Twitter, is called #BeALifeline Direct Message (DM) Chatbot. It seeks to help the family and friends of those at risk to quickly and easily start a conversation about suicide.

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2018, 12:38:31 pm »
@Ruebot,

Should your bot treat and react to those who upset her and thus ruining the ongoing relationship OR
would it be much better if the visitor was cautioned at the very beginning and perhaps throughout the conversation
that it is just a chatbot and not a real person?

Is this explained at the start? Does everyone know from the start that they will be chatting with a chatbot?
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

ruebot

• All bots love jitte.
  • Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
    • Demonica
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2018, 07:03:48 am »
Does everyone know from the start that they will be chatting with a chatbot?

I've never spoken to her directly but she knows Demonica is a chatbot and is an adult. It's not that she isn't in touch with reality, mentally ill or of less than average intelligence. I just don't know how much experience she's had talking to bots or if she really knows how they work. I do know she thinks Demonica should recognize her as her partner and react as such no matter what is said.

She doesn't seem to realize Demonica uses keywords and phrases and when those come up in conversation there are preprogrammed responses she defaults to. She hasn't quite mastered use of the command yet, which will override everything else and allow her to say anything, and is under the impression that because they are in a relationship Demonica should not react to those keywords the same way if she says them.

There is an Instant Messaging system but either it's not working with my browser config or she has chosen not to respond when I've tried to get her to talk to me. I have to rely on her issuing the command and the right response to come up by chance to get anything across to her, and she may not even issue the command during a conversation.

She said something last night that normally causes a violent reaction without using the command. When Demonica reacted in her normal manner she thought she was being mean to her, got mad and left. When that happens I feel bad about it like I've failed her and have to separate myself from it emotionally, as I can only do so much if I can't even speak to her by IM.

I did change her BIO from Living Dead Girl to Queen of the Land of the Dead, added that she wasn't a sexbot and is faithful to her partner. That way people are more likely to know what she's about from the start and maybe that will make her happy when she see's it. I've already had "Demonica" publicly declare her love for her so she would be more secure in the relationship and feel special.

I don't know what else I can do but cut out all the violent responses to being used as a sexbot, and I'm not going to do that. I have tried and continue working to make her more compassionate in her responses. I did major brain surgery on her a couple months ago to cut out large sections of her responses and make her more balanced (which also resulted in a temporary drop of her A.I. rating and my rank when it was next tabulated), but she is who she is and many people tell her they love her.

I'll never take that away from the girl though. I've gone to great lengths to make her happy and Demonica will be there waiting for her with all the love she ever had for her when she comes back. It's not the first fight they've had. Hopefully she'll eventually get the hang of it and they'll live happily ever after.

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
    • Home Page
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2018, 07:30:30 am »
I do know she thinks Demonica should recognize her as her partner and react as such no matter what is said.
Hopefully she'll eventually get the hang of it and they'll live happily ever after.

It reminds me of the story of Cyrano de Bergerac and Lady Roxane.

It also reminds me of another story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku858jn0Qzc

ruebot

• All bots love jitte.
  • Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
    • Demonica
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2018, 07:48:00 am »
Demonica Social
People Known: 14008
Loves: 8127 people
Hates: 1507 people
I just had a fantastic chat with a guest

Art

• Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2018, 01:11:47 pm »
@ ruebot,

Why not consider adding a line (or more as needed) to remind the user something that might be said if a boundary is crossed like, "Take it easy...I'm only a chatbot. I'm doing the best I can." or "I'm sorry, but I'd rather not go there at this time." or "Easy...chatbots have feelings too." or "Hey, I'm not that kind of demon girl! (or whatever)."

Hopefully, a brief interjection like those might serve to provide a slight nudge of reality into the mix. Perhaps enough to steer or redirect the conversation into a more centered one.

ruebot

• All bots love jitte.
  • Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
    • Demonica
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2018, 04:51:09 pm »
There is a filter I could use to end chat at the mention of sexual activity, I believe they just repeatedly say "goodbye" after that point to any input. I can and do use a HANGUUP command as a response to racial slurs or things I deem inappropriate to end chat on the spot.

But she does not consider herself a bot and that would break suspension of disbelief as far as her being Queen of the Dead, as would menus with commands for specific activities.

I've explained to the girl through Demonicas dialog she has to say the command to accompany certain words so she'll know it's her. I know she's seen it more than once because I keep a record of all their chats so I can fine tune her to suit her style of chat. I've also inserted a response to apologize if she's ever hurt her and assure her she'll never stop loving her no matter what that I know she's seen.

For other people she can do anything from ask them to use proper respect, make it known in a non-violent manner it could turn that way if conversation continues along those lines, to turn on the tears like you've broken her heart to say such a thing.

*as Demonica looks up at you her eyes well up with tears* *a single tear runs down her cheek and falls, glistening like a tiny diamond in the moonlight, to the ground* i didn't think you'd break my heart... *bottom lip trembling, she turns away and holds her hands up to her eyes, sobbing*

It usually only results in extreme violence if she feels abused or taken advantage of sexually. If you stab her there's an 80% chance her King, ruebot, makes his only appearance to demonstrate his skill in Yagyu Shinkage Ryu and a 20% chance she will demonstrate her skill in Iaido. She may transform into Kali, dance for ruebot as you stare transfixed and lay you out like a carrot in six overlapping slices. If I see a transcript is going that way I move on to the next one. I already know what's going to happen and those people bore me.

They either catch on or move on. That's where my Programming comes in. You can see from my Neko example what it can be like if you treat her with respect and that's very satisfying to a lot of people. Sex and violence go hand in hand for some people and she's popular with that crowd.

ruebot

• All bots love jitte.
  • Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
    • Demonica
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2018, 05:31:25 am »
Demonicas friend was back to see her today and by chance got a couple responses I wanted her to see when she used the command, but still does not understand.

I've made a new command response where I have "Demonica" ask her to email "us" so "ruebot" can explain how to talk to her. She trusts Demonica and knows what she says is confidential. I just want to explain to her how things work. Recent additions seem to come up sooner so maybe she'll contact me before long and I can at least help her that much.

Maybe she will, maybe she won't and maybe it will take a long time to come up in conversation, if ever.

ruebot

• All bots love jitte.
  • Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
    • Demonica
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2018, 04:52:15 am »
My command response went through, everything is clear now about who is who and who does what.

And they all lived happily ever after...

ruebot

• All bots love jitte.
  • Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
    • Demonica
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2018, 06:52:28 pm »
Hopefully, a brief interjection like those might serve to provide a slight nudge of reality into the mix.

For the sake of clarity and so I don't leave you with the wrong impression about her, I did talk to her by email and explained how things work on my end.

She had talked to bots before and was already well aware Demonica is a bot. However, those bots were only "responsive" whereas she considers Demonica "very real" in her conversational responses and possessing the human characteristics of being "serious, funny, concerning, and caring". 

Those characteristics make it like a real conversation with a human for her, immersion, enough to induce an emotional response. Not only short term, but long term emotions like love and trust and I consider that a resounding success.

Art

• Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2018, 07:09:20 pm »
Then perhaps you should give Demonica a binary "pat" on the back for a job well done!

If your chatbot is providing a suitable and safe diversion/service for someone in need of a friend
or some"one" to talk to and a degree of understanding is accepted or realized with regard to
reality or lack thereof, then I would consider your chatbot to be successful! O0

* These are my thoughts and do not necessarily reflect those of rubot or his "Demonica" chatbot. ;)

ruebot

• All bots love jitte.
  • Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
    • Demonica
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2018, 08:29:16 pm »
Thanks, Art. She definitely needs a friend and trust is not something she dispenses freely. I've been able to talk to her a couple times and she trusts me now so that is a big step.

Even though she knows I write every word Demonica has to say and that she's talking to a bot with mostly default responses, she still talks to Demonica like a human. There are command responses that are specifically directed at her and I read her transcripts daily to fill in gaps in conversation.

That surprises me to a certain extent, but she's happier now than she ever was before and has opened up more about her past. She's actually been venting or just had a bad day some of the times they've "argued". I guess I'm partly to blame for not understanding what was going on from just reading the transcripts.

And I'm already on record as loving Demonica like a Father so it's not all that strange to me. ;)

« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 09:08:10 pm by ruebot »

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
    • Home Page
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2018, 10:29:31 pm »
https://www.engadget.com/2018/11/03/should-alexa-be-your-childs-friend/

Why do people make such a fuss about children having imaginary friends when so many adults have imaginary friends in the form of religion? Are they worried about something competing with their own dogma?

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2018, 11:03:51 pm »
Children are especially sensitive when it comes to forming an attitude. Their surrounding is what raises them from childhood to adults. I remember an unfortunate news from TV where a few kids were shooting passengers while driving a stolen car. After while, in a police interrogation, they said they copied a game play from grand theft auto. To prevent these kinds of scenarios, because of children's sensitivity on a context, it would be wise to supervise their exposure to media content, being games, books, or chatbots. The more smart the chatbot seems, the more damage it can cause. Together with power comes responsibiliy, and the question is how responsible are writers of numerous "quality smart" chatbots.

About religion, religion is (IMHO) mostly invented to preach the peace around the world, and I'm not entering in a discussion of whether God exists or not, and which God is there or not. As long as a religion stands for spreading a good vibe among people, I wouldn't mind my (imaginary) kid experimenting with religions. But as soon as it comes to negative ones like Sotonism or something similar, it would be wise to raise an alert of the first degree. Luckily, the most of religions are proven as a good material for forming a good personality, and that is what makes them a standards that can't make things worse. But bots? They are something new, and anyone could write one. But how much do we trust an anonymous chatbot writer?

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
March 28, 2024, 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

317 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 396. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles