Loebner Prize 2021

• 19 Replies

squarebear

• Trusty Member
  • Terminator
  • It's Hip to be Square
Loebner Prize 2021
« on: January 26, 2021, 08:29:08 pm »
I was sent this by one of the members of the AISBX, which I said I would pass along.

"Basically, CoCoHub wants to host AISBX (incorporating The Loebner Prize) this year.

For anyone who can make a chatbot that conforms to LPP (the 'modern' websockets version) or CoCoHub's API, they can provide an email address for that chatbot. So when you're in any zoom meeting you can invite that email address, and you'll be joined in the meeting with a 3D, voice-driven, avatar representing your chatbot.

Maybe bots that can't interface with CoCoHub can be 'exhibited' anyway, just with an external link, rather than something more integrated."

It might be cool for some botmasters to see their work in 3D. The only bad side is that the LPP is back but it's either this or nothing, as only CoCoHub have the resources and are willing to do this.

What do you think?
Feeling Chatty?
www.mitsuku.com

MikeB

• Autobot
Re: Loebner Prize 2021
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2021, 07:45:42 am »
Coco / AI Conversation Systems seem to be well funded to host the Loebner Prize well into the future...

They need to keep some other websocket version, or they're just edging out their competition... Can't imagine creating anything with CoCoHub that has deep complexity and nuance. It's supposed to be a mad scientists competition IMO.

bruce wilcox

• Trusty Member
  • Nomad
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2021, 08:13:03 pm »
I'd want to know there is prize money and that it would be held in the fall to give time to sync to their world.

squarebear

• Trusty Member
  • Terminator
  • It's Hip to be Square
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2021, 09:29:52 pm »
I'd want to know there is prize money and that it would be held in the fall to give time to sync to their world.
Good to hear from you Bruce - I'll pass thet back to the origanisers and post here if I hear any more.
Feeling Chatty?
www.mitsuku.com

8pla.net

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • TV News. Pub. UAL (PhD). Robitron Mod. LPC Judge.
    • 8pla.net
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2021, 07:12:30 am »
This discussion is based on early feedback that is subject to change.
As such, it is for discussion purposes only.  Do not rely on it otherwise,
especially for the Loebner Prize 2021

I saw these channels:  Alexa,  Embedded, Facebook, Telegram, Phone,  Zoom
Embedded seemed the simplest one. Other channels may need software which
normally takes a little more time.  The CoCoHub setup part was easy and you
get to see what the 3D avatars look like.

These are some first impressions.

My Very Enormous Monster Just Stopped Using Nine

MikeB

• Autobot
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2021, 08:08:32 am »
If you can't connect peoples mad scientist projects via a universal protocol then the Loebner becomes a CoCoHub hobbyist "my first chatbot" competition...

bruce wilcox

• Trusty Member
  • Nomad
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2021, 08:17:12 am »
Hi, Squarebear.
FYI, I now live in the UK in Alcester. Where do you live?

8pla.net

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • TV News. Pub. UAL (PhD). Robitron Mod. LPC Judge.
    • 8pla.net
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2021, 08:56:43 pm »
If you can't connect peoples mad scientist projects via a universal protocol then the Loebner becomes a CoCoHub hobbyist "my first chatbot" competition...

As stated, in previous years (politely and friendly), maybe that is not such a bad idea.
Building a hobbyist "my first chatbot" is not trivial, I think. ( No offense, Mike, just saying.)
Also, a good, reliable sponsor, is really needed. And, it seems CoCoHub is really in demand
with the way things are. 
My Very Enormous Monster Just Stopped Using Nine

medeksza

• Roomba
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2021, 09:23:04 pm »
Have they removed the long present rule that bots have to be run locally and can't connect to any servers through the internet? I really think a GPT-3 based bot could win this thing, but no way that can be run locally.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2021, 02:52:42 am »
Have they removed the long present rule that bots have to be run locally and can't connect to any servers through the internet? I really think a GPT-3 based bot could win this thing, but no way that can be run locally.

GPT-2 runs locally, I ran it on my home PC, it's 95% as good as GPT-3, except for extra abilities they gave it though, which may be a real bummer if it has Persona Dialog and sentence finishing and a chatlog dataset it trained on.
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

Don Patrick

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • AI / robot merchandise
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2021, 08:00:28 am »
Interesting thing actually: I heard GPT3's terms of use don't allow people to use it for making chatbots with. I think it would stand a good chance of sounding like a weird human, until the judges start asking questions that involve numbers or logic.

I don't believe the intention is to build a chatbot from scratch on CoCoHub, just to use API calls to retrieve and send the input and output.
CO2 retains heat. More CO2 in the air = hotter climate.

medeksza

• Roomba
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2021, 06:31:06 pm »
GPT-2 runs locally, I ran it on my home PC, it's 95% as good as GPT-3, except for extra abilities they gave it though, which may be a real bummer if it has Persona Dialog and sentence finishing and a chatlog dataset it trained on.

The GPT-2 model has 1.5 billion parameters while GPT-3 has 175 billion parameters, that's a factor over 100x and the quality of output is equally an order magnitude better under GPT-3 than GPT-2. The computer requirements needed to run it is also an order of magnitude bigger, needing close to $200,000 of computer hardware to run the pretrained model. It's exclusively licensed to Microsoft, so you couldn't install it if you could afford the machine to run it. Right now has to be an API call to the OpenAI/Microsoft servers.

Interesting thing actually: I heard GPT3's terms of use don't allow people to use it for making chatbots with. I think it would stand a good chance of sounding like a weird human, until the judges start asking questions that involve numbers or logic.

I don't believe the intention is to build a chatbot from scratch on CoCoHub, just to use API calls to retrieve and send the input and output.

OpenAI has an approval process requiring you show how you are dealing with the various dangers they have identified in GPT-3 like its potential bias and potential to spew divisive toxic language among other requirements. I have a bot with "conditional approval" from OpenAI in beta testing now, you can read about it here https://aidreams.co.uk/forum/ultrahal/ultra-hal-7-5-beta-available-powered-by-openai-gpt-3/

It's a hybrid of the Ultra Hal chatbot and GPT-3, so not pure GPT-3. Ultra Hal can do simple math without involving GPT-3 and the scripting of Ultra Hal tries to keep GPT-3 to a consistent friendly personality, has some content-filtering, and give it some simple learning ability in the form of long term and short term memory.

So as long as the Loebner 2021 rules would allow for API calls to Zabaware and OpenAI servers over the internet, I'd love to enter it.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2021, 07:56:13 pm »

The GPT-2 model has 1.5 billion parameters while GPT-3 has 175 billion parameters, that's a factor over 100x and the quality of output is equally an order magnitude better under GPT-3 than GPT-2. The computer requirements needed to run it is also an order of magnitude bigger, needing close to $200,000 of computer hardware to run the pretrained model. It's exclusively licensed to Microsoft, so you couldn't install it if you could afford the machine to run it. Right now has to be an API call to the OpenAI/Microsoft servers.

OpenAI has an approval process requiring you show how you are dealing with the various dangers they have identified in GPT-3 like its potential bias and potential to spew divisive toxic language among other requirements. I have a bot with "conditional approval" from OpenAI in beta testing now, you can read about it here https://aidreams.co.uk/forum/ultrahal/ultra-hal-7-5-beta-available-powered-by-openai-gpt-3/

It's a hybrid of the Ultra Hal chatbot and GPT-3, so not pure GPT-3. Ultra Hal can do simple math without involving GPT-3 and the scripting of Ultra Hal tries to keep GPT-3 to a consistent friendly personality, has some content-filtering, and give it some simple learning ability in the form of long term and short term memory.

So as long as the Loebner 2021 rules would allow for API calls to Zabaware and OpenAI servers over the internet, I'd love to enter it.

GPT-2 has 4 model sizes, the later 3 run on household PCs and feel 90% as accurate. Especially 3rd model size.
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

squarebear

• Trusty Member
  • Terminator
  • It's Hip to be Square
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2021, 01:26:22 am »
Hi, Squarebear.
FYI, I now live in the UK in Alcester. Where do you live?

Hi Bruce. I'm up here in sunny Yorkshire.
Feeling Chatty?
www.mitsuku.com

squarebear

• Trusty Member
  • Terminator
  • It's Hip to be Square
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2021, 01:34:51 am »

The competition is all totally online this year. Nothing local, so any API calls you need to make are fine, assuming CoCo can support it. There is the option where you can provide a link to an external resource for users to talk to your bots, which is something I'll probably do as we already have a working 3D avatar.
Feeling Chatty?
www.mitsuku.com

Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 15, 2024, 08:14:02 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

315 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 320. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles