Scalable Quantum Computer on a Silicone wafer

• 4 Replies

frankinstien

• Replicant
    • Knowledgeable Machines
Scalable Quantum Computer on a Silicone wafer
« on: April 21, 2022, 05:05:34 am »
Intel has developed a very scalable approach to quantum computing using quantum dots fabricated on silicon wafers, check the link out!

Now if they could just get it into a three-dimensional format then...You see with entanglement you can link processors without wires! So, literally, a system could scale to the type of inter-connectivity we see in the human brain at a fraction of the size and even power!

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
  • Humans will disappoint you.
    • Home Page
Re: Scalable Quantum Computer on a Silicone wafer
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2022, 05:26:00 am »
Finally, something to actually get excited about. From the article it sounds like we might be able to use these ourselves soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1YNyQqbiF0

MagnusWootton

• Replicant
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2022, 05:59:42 am »
Its all fake and heading nowhere.   the real quantum stuff is a secret,   I dont know why,   we need this advanced technology that could help all ends of life and cause the singularity.

But...  it means the singularity has already happened,  BUT WHERE IS IT?!?!?!   It seems to be not around us,  not helping us,   I want to go to hospital and get the best possible help I can in an emergency, and a quantum computer can provide this with its exponential power!!!

Exponential power is all it takes to make something MORE able than a human,  but its not actually alive.  But in a lot of ways a quantum computer ai is the strongest thing u could even imagine as a mortal.

But...  like I said... where is it!  its here now,  but cannot even see the effects of it,  these videos are rubbish,    but I swear its been done already, but its nowhere to be seen or felt the effects of,  like it should be, cause its mans most closest technology to the power of nature there is!

frankinstien

• Replicant
    • Knowledgeable Machines
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2022, 06:40:30 pm »
While it's great that Intel has innovated a game-changing approach to quantum computing the unfortunate bad aspect is only Intel has this kind of technology.  If we look at revolutionary branches from Intels x86 processors like Itanium, and Optane, where Intel couldn't make a market for those. On top of that Intel will skim those Quantum processors making very slow incremental changes as we saw before AMD started to get its act together. So the likely hood is that Intel will make these some kind of coprocessor for the retail market, maybe some mobile manufacturers will use them, but by and large, I see this ending up as some supercomputing cloud service, just as Nvidia does with its A100s and future processors. We mere mortals might not be able to get our hands on a physical one for some time and then it would be a used one on eBay.   :-\

MagnusWootton

• Replicant
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2022, 07:31:36 pm »
Those quantum cloud quantum computers are just super computers, its all a fricken lie.

But on the other hand I swear i've seen some really good virtual robotic animation before,  even better than evolution and it looked like it had to be quantum...  it was so good.

Noone looks like theyll just blurt out how it works, it all seems to be misinformation about how to do anything here.   They explain qbits like shit, noone ever says how you can isolate an atom successfully,  any form of new innovation is really rare unless its convoluted with a whole lot of dribble that cant possibly be real.

Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 15, 2024, 08:14:02 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

312 Guests, 1 User
Users active in past 15 minutes:
squarebear
[Trusty Member]

Most Online Today: 335. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles