• 7 Replies

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
  • Humans will disappoint you.
    • Home Page
Wu Dao ten times bigger than GPT3
« on: June 04, 2021, 01:43:53 am »
https://www.engadget.com/chinas-gigantic-multi-modal-ai-is-no-one-trick-pony-211414388.html

“The way to artificial general intelligence is big models and big computer,” Dr. Zhang Hongjiang, chairman of BAAI, said during the conference Tuesday. “What we are building is a power plant for the future of AI, with mega data, mega computing power, and mega models, we can transform data to fuel the AI applications of the future.”

Wu Dao has one big advantage over its competition in that it doesn't require specialized hardware to run it. It does just fine on ordinary supercomputer clusters.  ;)

https://thenextweb.com/news/china-wu-dao-ai-10x-bigger-than-gpt-3

A steadily-increasing number of AI and computer science experts are under the belief that deep learning is a dead-end street for general artificial intelligence. We may already be seeing diminishing returns on power if the most exciting thing about a system trained on supercomputer clusters with 1.75T parameters is that it can generate digital pop stars.

Nevertheless I don't see AI getting chilly again any time soon. There's too much at stake.

MagnusWootton

• Replicant
Re: Wu Dao ten times bigger than GPT3
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2021, 04:32:09 am »
What about the idea that its not how many text patterns you have, its how you used them?

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
  • Humans will disappoint you.
    • Home Page
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2021, 05:04:59 am »
What about the idea that it's not how many text patterns you have, it's how you use them?

That's where the magic would be, the magic that is still missing. At the very least you need to be able to tell the difference between signal and noise. Being able to predict input perfectly is still useless if you don't know what it means.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2021, 08:25:57 am »
"Being able to predict input perfectly is still useless if you don't know what it means"

Not really, patterns are the only thing that exist. All you can do in 100GB of text/ images/ world is find, be, create patterns. Chaos is non re-occurrence. What is life, or light bulbs, or rules, or tasty, or neat, is patterns, re-use, general purpose computer/AI. A man and rock are very similar, they're all just atoms, one lasts longer - by creating patterns.
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2021, 12:40:15 pm »
Look at this.
Yet more immense computer power:
https://lightmatter.co/

MagnusWootton

• Replicant
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2021, 04:58:52 pm »
"Being able to predict input perfectly is still useless if you don't know what it means"

Not really, patterns are the only thing that exist. All you can do in 100GB of text/ images/ world is find, be, create patterns. Chaos is non re-occurrence. What is life, or light bulbs, or rules, or tasty, or neat, is patterns, re-use, general purpose computer/AI. A man and rock are very similar, they're all just atoms, one lasts longer - by creating patterns.

you need to assign the unknown patterns to something,  then u at least have some "relative meaning".  Your right there is no meaning, it just depends on how its connecting together as a machine?

Look at this.
Yet more immense computer power:
https://lightmatter.co/

You should get into the hardware business yourself,  dont let people tell you "you cant do things" let them just tell themselves that.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2021, 07:41:19 pm »

you need to assign the unknown patterns to something,  then u at least have some "relative meaning".  Your right there is no meaning, it just depends on how its connecting together as a machine?

>"Your right there is no meaning, it just depends on how its connecting together as a machine?"

Not even that, simply all that exists is patterns/rules in the universe, and some are bigger / last longer. We are not different than rocks, we just/cough will last longer. As a machine, like me and you, we can't know if we are really here or exist, so who's watching the movie? Am I here? The universe is talking to itself, knock knock.

MagnusWootton

• Replicant
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2021, 07:49:37 pm »
I cant explain consciousness,  I think its more than just a machine and I don't plan to bother ever explaining it,  I'm just into the Ai stuff for the automation.

I haven't been uploading alot lately,  but I'm still working pretty hard,   I'm working on that strange lever oscillator and now I'm plugging something extra special behind it.    All mouldable and castable and heavily repeatable! =)  Just how I like it.

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 15, 2024, 08:14:02 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm
AI-Generated Art Cannot Receive Copyrights
by frankinstien (AI News )
August 24, 2023, 08:49:45 am

Users Online

140 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 248. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles