Spontaneous Animation - The new Haptek

• 33 Replies

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
Spontaneous Animation - The new Haptek
« on: October 15, 2014, 05:25:58 pm »
Kickstarter campaign with Haptek founder Chris Shaw. Thanks to Rob at Zabaware for the heads up.

WHAT'S THIS KICKSTARTER CAMPAIGN FOR?

We are introducing Spontaneous Animation, a new software that makes virtual characters much more personal and intimate than ever before. 

How is Spontaneous Animation different?

Standard interactive characters simulate a reaction to you, by selecting from prefabricated animations stored in computer memory.  These prefab responses are based on a programmer's best guess as to what you might do.

Spontaneous Animation characters actually react, by watching you, listening to you, and then instantaneously creating a unique reaction, based on your unique behavior.

Spontaneous Animation replaces inflexible, prefabricated response facsimiles, with infinitely variable, real responses to you alone. 

This increased intimacy adds drama and compassion to interactive characters.  What's more -- by eliminating the need to store and recall complex animation files -- Spontaneous Animation is much faster and more efficient than traditional interactive animation.

Read more...

squarebear

• Trusty Member
  • Terminator
  • It's Hip to be Square
Re: Spontaneous Animation - The new Haptek
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 10:35:49 pm »
Very cool but I would be happy with just a Haptek player that worked in browsers running on Windows 7 PCs instead of me having to dual boot into XP to do any demos of Mitsuku and avatars.
Feeling Chatty?
www.mitsuku.com

claude2

• Trusty Member
  • Colossus
  • are us machineries?
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 11:14:06 pm »
Spontaneous entertainment, that means, interactive. Gain speed! Why Haptek, does not create chatbot with an interactive system for computers and tablets and similar to the iPad. This could boost the celebrity Haptek, on sales of multimedia products, and also be a sponsor for other therapeutic technology. :)
I like a lot Haptek. I think the Gentleman of the video, his name is Jack, I've had correspondence with him when I was on my ultrahal.
welcome to my world!
the doors we open and close each day decide the way we live....flora whittemore

It is a proverb, sent of my friend Rutanya Alda, actress. (Amityville2)

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 12:04:47 am »
Actually, it would be really cool, as I've mentioned in the past, if iClone's characters would be or could be compatible with UltraHal. That would certainly raise the bar on the Fun-Meter!

@Steve, - Oddly, there have been several people who have reported that their People Putty worked fine with Windows 7 on their machines, at least for a while, or until they performed a system upgrade of some sort. Hmmm...
My paid version of Haptek's People Putty indicated that my version was not paid nor registered, when in fact, it had been for many years. At least until I migrated from XP to Windows 7, then it hit the fan! (so to speak).

Ogre is in the toilet of wasted (pun intended) ideas. Who knows...maybe this rebirth of a tried and true product might be the uplift we're looking for.

I'd really prefer Hal to have a brain upgrade instead of the facial upgrade but, hey, I'll take what's offered.

Thanks for playing!
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

claude2

• Trusty Member
  • Colossus
  • are us machineries?
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2014, 12:15:23 am »
Yes, that is correct Art. Today I received an update, I have a small problem driver, poorly installed, but I am trying to have it remedied. I read that Haptek indeed works on windows 7! It's a joy !!
Certainly, an adaptation iClone, and smart interface, could create a major center, the virtual technology and artificial intelligence interractive inovation. O0
welcome to my world!

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2014, 12:22:44 am »
I have a version of the player that works on 7. I got it from the Amanda Interactive site, you can find it here :

http://www.amandainteractive.com/downloads

Haptek Player x64 Upgrade: HapAXPlayer.zip
This Hap AX Player program has been converted and upgraded to be x64 multicore
compatible. It will automatically run within the first core (CPU 0) of a multicore system
so that Haptek characters will work right with no problems or issues on a x64 system.
If you have a x64 system then just manually replace the old file with the enclosed new
one at this default location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Haptek\player\HapAXPlayer.exe

claude2

• Trusty Member
  • Colossus
  • are us machineries?
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2014, 12:47:27 am »
Freddy, yes, it works with this version Player (x64) Mainly, I'm going back on an old road !! My first passion Haptek! Thank you Freddy! O0 ;)
welcome to my world!

Art

• Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2014, 10:29:00 am »
Yes, but this is ONLY for the Player which allows already created Haptek characters to be viewed within the UltraHal GUI window.

This "fix" does nothing for Haptek's People Putty program, which is used to actually create new characters. As is, the program indicated that one's version is not paid and that it will not run until it is paid. Even if you have your serial number, the program does not accept it properly.

claude2

• Trusty Member
  • Colossus
  • are us machineries?
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2014, 11:59:19 am »
I kept installing, Haptek guide, and there! it there's the player, but !! from the evolution of computers is a long way, but Haptek, remained a little behind it all. :-\ :)

In contrast, a iClone interface iclone, and always first on the evolution of computers.
welcome to my world!

GT40

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
    • My Bots
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2014, 02:36:27 pm »

Yesterday my Internet was out of order (my provider), while this interesting discussion started. Today I wondered why Haptek couldn't work on Windows 8.1 (I know most of you think W8 never existed, lol). Programs working on W7 can work on W8.

I installed the basic Haptek Player (made for W98!) in the SD card I have (so, not on C:/). I put the only Haptek file I found (from Nige, with a song) in the same repertory. It seems to work. Just an experiment. To be continued... :)

"There is no RL. Only AFK." (Jamie Jervil, resident of Second Life)

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2014, 09:04:08 pm »
  I visited the site after reading what Robert had written about it, earlier Mr Shaw had a video about continued development of the Haptek characters, I don't recall any new developments.   The spontaneous animations sounds interesting but it seems first we have to take a step backwards and work with a facial of a baby and after so many years and more money we can work with fullbody characters again.  I'd much rather have him upgrade the existing characters by having a higher poly count in the wire mesh, collision detection, and more work on the joints, then proceed with the spontaneous animations.
Carl2

squarebear

• Trusty Member
  • Terminator
  • It's Hip to be Square
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2014, 10:28:21 pm »
Thanks for the link but I can get the Haptek standalone player to work great. My problem is I can see no way to share characters on the web like we used to be able to do in XP.

When prompted for the haptek download link, the player attempts to load in the browser and then goes back to the "You currently do not have a version of The Haptek Player which supports this page. Would you like to download one?"
Feeling Chatty?
www.mitsuku.com

Art

• Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2014, 12:48:31 am »
I've also received that notice!

Without PEOPLE PUTTY, there will be No New Characters created while using Windows 7. (can't speak for 8 and don't care at this moment).

The Player itself is not an issue on a stand alone computer. Visiting another web site and trying to view a Haptek character results in the error Steve mentioned. Yes it is a real pain!

I'd rather not have to use two or more computers in order to create a new character but if time permits, it might make for a winter weekend venture. We'll see.

In the mean time, we need better resolution characters that run on Win 7 / 8 - 64 bit machines and without the herky jerky movements.
Just sayin....

GT40

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
    • My Bots
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2014, 09:38:31 am »
As Squarebear wrote, same problem for me. That's why I said it works in W8, exactly like in W7. We can see a local haptar, but not a character from a link through Internet. End of a long and fun story... :(
"There is no RL. Only AFK." (Jamie Jervil, resident of Second Life)

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2014, 02:58:05 pm »
Ahhh sorry chaps, I had forgot to check if it worked in a browser. That's a shame  :-X

Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 15, 2024, 08:14:02 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

237 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 312. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles