Future of Artificial Intelligence

• 35 Replies

FuzzieDice

Re: Future of Artificial Intelligence
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2006, 03:19:43 am »
Now you got me wondering... what are they?

I have a few plants in my home. Quite a few. Hopefully after the danger of frost is over (end of this month) I can start planting some of them outside if they survive.

I agree with you on all above points though.

I had the oddest thought just now. People have been making machines into animals, and humans. I have yet to see them make a machine that is a... plant? :) A talking tree... now THAT would be an interesting novelty. LOL!

devilferret

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2006, 08:38:18 pm »
Now you got me wondering... what are they?

They are 3 plushies that were given to me by two very very special people?

I had the oddest thought just now. People have been making machines into animals, and humans. I have yet to see them make a machine that is a... plant? :) A talking tree... now THAT would be an interesting novelty. LOL!

hmmmm . . a talking tree?  . . . now THAT would be a hoot?  . . . . . the only time I can even think of that that idea had been used in any context . . was in the movie "Little Shop of Horrors" . . . . . . that would be a totally off the wall AI entity . . and boy can I see some possibilities for it?  . . and LOL more than a few people who encounter it may just swear off drinking and recreational drugs?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 08:34:24 pm by Freddy »

dan

• Mechanical Turk
    • AI
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2006, 09:53:17 pm »
Trees?
A computer would deserve to be called intelligent if it could deceive a human into believing that it was human. A.Turing

FuzzieDice

« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2006, 01:43:01 am »
LOL! Trees! :) Like I remember the talking trees in The Wizard of Oz as well. That was pretty funny.

Plushies - I have a plushie race car. No joke! Cute. :) I have a number of beanie animals here and there. I get stuffed animals when I see something I like or seems overly cute. My most recent aquisition is a stuffed duck that honks. Actually it's a Dog toy but I thought it was rather cute.

devilferret

« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2006, 06:29:46 pm »
LOL! Trees! :) Like I remember the talking trees in The Wizard of Oz as well. That was pretty funny.

Plushies - I have a plushie race car. No joke! Cute. :) I have a number of beanie animals here and there. I get stuffed animals when I see something I like or seems overly cute. My most recent aquisition is a stuffed duck that honks. Actually it's a Dog toy but I thought it was rather cute.

ok . . ROFL . . that's right . . the trees in the wizard of oz . . . . and now that I think about it . . . the Ents in Lord of the Rings

FuzzieDice

« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2006, 03:21:05 am »
I thought the trees in the Wizard of Oz was so funny when they started picking their own apples and shooting it at Dorothy and crew. LOL! And just a few moments before they were complaining about getting picked! LOL! Hilarious stuff.

Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 15, 2024, 08:14:02 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

304 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 320. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles