The Borging of Future Man

• 9 Replies

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
The Borging of Future Man
« on: November 07, 2013, 10:23:49 am »
UN PROJECT 2045 - BORGING MANKIND INTO 'MANAGEABLE MATTER' - NANOTECH & GOD 'OH THE INHUMANITY!'

This video is both extremely interesting and quite unsettling with regard to a possible future of mankind as we know it.
If Sci-Fi becomes science fact, then we're in for a wild ride.

http://beforeitsnews.com/science-and-technology/2013/11/un-project-2045-borging-mankind-into-manageable-matter-video-2649462.html
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 10:43:04 pm by Freddy »
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
Re: The Borging of Future Man
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 10:42:55 pm »
I added the video to your post.

Some interesting and some mind blowing ideas there. I am sure the Illuminati must be behind most of it, but seriously I hope some of this stuff happens in my lifetime and I hope it is for the good of the planet and everything else on it that we live with.

That thing about virtual beings reminds me of the Bruce Willis film Surrogates. Interestingly in that film it was not portrayed positively like this is.

I think if it carries on the way it is, with things even now like Second Life, then I think in the future we will all be gamers  ;D

I was amused that one of their graphics showed a 3.5 floppy disc !  I didn't know we could fit on one of those ;)

Good stuff Art.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 11:48:38 pm by Freddy »

Art

• Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 02:37:03 am »
But what are your thoughts on possibly transplanting your brain into a fully functional android so that your old frail physical body will not limit your future freedom?

I kind of have mixed emotions...way cool, but is that the life I've lived all my life to finally become? A borg-like being with hopefully the same mental memories and emotional balance along with some measure of sensory awareness (sight, smell, touch, etc.).

You have to admit, it would open a whole lot of doors and avenues for future generations, not to mention the potential for overcrowding the planet (unless we become expert space jockies by then and inhabit other planets). There goes the neighborhood!  ^-^ O0

Hopefully we'll get some more personal views and takes on this subject (which is why I did it).  - <thanks for adding the video> O0

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 05:43:09 pm »
But what are your thoughts on possibly transplanting your brain into a fully functional android so that your old frail physical body will not limit your future freedom?

I imagine that could be a bit weird and messy. At what point should it happen ? When we are close to death ? While we are still alive ?

If it's a virtual brain, ie a copy of my mind; how is the world going to cope if there are two of me in existence. If my body dies, will anyone mourn the loss or just start again with my super android version.

All very bizarre.

Art

• Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 12:23:40 pm »
No, it will NOT be a copy much like the groups wishing to upload copies of our brains for future generations to interact with like talking to the Philip K. Dick talking robot. This will actually BE you...your brain, thoughts, ideas, humor and memories but in a NEW and different physical body or shell. Your mind will STILL be you...Your mileage may vary however! ;)

Kind of a scary thought but then again, look at where the world is and what's happened to us during the past 70 - 100 years. Imagine what the next 100 will bring!!?

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2013, 12:42:38 pm »
I see, yes I agree it's scary. They better give me some nice drugs when they do the brain transfer  ;D

I'm glad to have lived in a time when the world was changed by the internet. If I live to see some of this stuff come to light then I will count myself lucky.

I do wonder, like you, that the planet would become even more overpopulated than it is now. We're going to have to find new planets or where else will everyone go ?

OK Art, if you do it I will ! Let's get our brains frozen and meet up in a hundred years.

Art

• Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 10:41:31 am »
OK Art, if you do it I will ! Let's get our brains frozen and meet up in a hundred years.

:2funny: Right on, Mate!!

lordjakian

• Bumblebee
  • Is this picture tiny on your computer too?
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2013, 09:18:27 am »
The last time I believed towards a long away future, someone said I wouuld have social security benefits.
Reminder to self for posting. Point messages to original poster.

lordjakian

• Bumblebee
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2013, 09:38:10 am »
I think the new dark ages willl be a large hiccup, dang it, i am still trying to learn how to learn how to use the site.    One very odd look is towards the japanese artificial womb technology.  Disturbing BUT, if you want a brain in a jar, you better be with the guys who can put another thing in a jar and have it live.  Its too bad they messed up...
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 10:01:04 am by lordjakian »

lordjakian

• Bumblebee
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2013, 10:14:03 am »
human glial cells.

That was the latest bit. Seems interesting.

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
March 28, 2024, 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

330 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 363. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles