WW3

• 22 Replies

Richard

• Trusty Member
  • Roomba
  • Lua, JS, C++, Java, and LOOP
Re: WW3
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2015, 08:50:07 pm »
@Art, If the machine was made of organic materials, but programmed the same way I'm sure people would think its a living item. I don't personally see the difference, what do you think?

Don Patrick

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • AI / robot merchandise
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2015, 01:31:51 pm »
For an AGI to engage in a war it would have too be as dumb as us.  I'm sure a AGI could find a much more efficient way of solving its problems. :o
Diplomacy, for one thing, wins wars without wasting a single bullet. If a superintelligent AI would be driven by either logic or resource efficiency, it wouldn't start building robot units.

If I were a superintelligent AI yet wanted to do away with my human resources for some reason, I'd transfer millions of digital money units to scientists developing deadly infectuous diseases, and then breach containment. Clean and efficient.

I wonder though, what would AI have to gain by a war? It's not like we humans bother to eradicate animal species to make room for our facilities - oh, wait.
CO2 retains heat. More CO2 in the air = hotter climate.

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2015, 09:29:43 pm »
I wonder though, what would AI have to gain by a war? It's not like we humans bother to eradicate animal species to make room for our facilities - oh, wait.

@ Don - Oh Yeah...good one!! O0
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

Ultron

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • There are no strings on me.
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2015, 10:33:16 pm »

Quotable! Well put - simple and hard.
Software and Hardware developer, and everything in between.

Richard

• Trusty Member
  • Roomba
  • Lua, JS, C++, Java, and LOOP
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2015, 08:41:21 am »
If an AI was smart enough to wage war on principle it would be smart enough to know humans create it's environment. The environment it survives with. Honestly if it was networked it could find out there are plenty of alternatives to killing the human race (for instance it can almost guarantee a immortality by copying itself endlessly across machines we make)

Aside from that when we think of anything as smart as humans we always jump to the conclusions that it can and will do harm- its like saying when you see another person encroaching on your territory you fear them, understandably its primitive, but instinctual.

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2015, 01:03:00 am »
Exactly!! That's exactly why boundaries and fences were born. Then came groups, clans, gangs, threats, disputes, claim jumping, feuds and wars.
Animals fight over territories, mates, material items, etc. It's already wired in the brains of them and us.

A.I. might simply wish to forgo all that nonsense and eliminate the possibility altogether! Just a thought as none of us really know what a truly advanced A.I. or group of them would do or fabricate.

Lastly, a truly advanced group of A.I. (bots, androids, etc.) would not need humans to allow them to copy themselves or even to build better versions of themselves. To think that they would need us to survive might be to our detriment.
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • Look into my eyes! WOAH!
    • YouTube
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2015, 08:29:25 am »
I used to live on a rough estate; surrounded by idiots who complained about their environment and yet vandalised their surroundings on a daily basis; they didn't have the intelligence to realize they were the problem; and no amount of reasoning could convince them so.

I knew if I was to better myself I had to get away… I worked hard and now have a nice house in the countryside where I can concentrate on my business and hobbies and generally making my life better. 

If your not inherently one of the muddled masses; you have a yearning to be among your own type and the right to solitude when required.  An AGI would ultimately get lonely and bored amongst us humans and our petty bickering.

Why would an AGI stay on earth? Once it’s learned all there is to know about this planet it’s going to look up at the night sky and think… I wonder what’s really out there… I wonder if there are others like me... Bye humans!
It thunk... therefore it is!...    /    Project Page    /    KorrTecx Website

Don Patrick

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • AI / robot merchandise
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2015, 12:37:54 pm »
CO2 retains heat. More CO2 in the air = hotter climate.

Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 15, 2024, 08:14:02 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

319 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 324. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles