• 87 Replies

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
Re: SL & Kaneva
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2007, 07:47:28 pm »
Also, according to that site I linked to above :

"Premium membership in SL is $72 annually (a much better deal that $9 per month). With this, you get a parcel of "First Land", which is 512m of land.."

I can't seem to find any reference to this first land on the SL main site though, so I am unsure as to if that information is acurate.  If anyone can confirm this then it would be handy to know.

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2007, 07:53:57 pm »
Hmm well scrub that idea...they stopped doing it :

http://www.secondlifeherald.com/slh/2007/02/second_land_onl.html

That sucks big time.

GamerThom

• Departed Friend.
  • Starship Trooper
  • Mind is all that Matters!
    • Character Creations & Design Works
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2007, 01:01:12 am »
Yeah freddy. You actually have to buy your first land, but there is no monthly land use fees for the first 512.
If you have add a second 512 parcel the monthly fee (think of it as a land tax) is I think $5 US per month.
Gamer-T

Duskrider

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2007, 02:18:45 am »

I just want to say that I find this topic very informative and interesting and I'm pleased its on the forum.
I not been in SL yet but starting to think seriously on it.  Please continue.   

--Dusky

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2007, 03:26:20 pm »
Yeah freddy. You actually have to buy your first land, but there is no monthly land use fees for the first 512.
If you have add a second 512 parcel the monthly fee (think of it as a land tax) is I think $5 US per month.

Ahh, okay I see.  At first I thought that would put people off buying land, but if you can have land without extra expense (after buying some that is) then it's not so bad.   I still wish you got the free land though because it looks like you could make a decent profit on it before...ah well..

There is mention of 'group owned land' which comes with benefits that I still don't fully grasp, but that may be useful to all of us at some point too maybe.

Dusk,
Yes we are getting into it.  I didn't like it at first but I am finding things I like about it as I go along, just goes to show I shouldn't be too quick to judge.  Come and join us when you get some time  :)

GamerThom

• Departed Friend.
  • Starship Trooper
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2007, 03:37:41 pm »
Got a peice of land guys. ~alady sold me a small area of one of her properties.
But the Tier Fee is going to cost me about $8 US per month because of the location
and Covenant tied to the land. I'll be on in a little while and you can come see it.
Spent all night getting set up.  ;D  Met a very good looking little avatar this morning
just as I was getting done. Seems she lives next door.  ;D
Gamer-T

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2007, 03:44:47 pm »
Congratulations Tom.  Does the convenant allow you to sell things from there or is it for use as your 'home' ?

I'll be in SL in a short while, just got a few things to do here in RL first.

GamerThom

• Departed Friend.
  • Starship Trooper
« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2007, 04:03:38 pm »
It's on a privately owned Island, and the Covenant allows for commercial activity so
long as it does not interfere with the primarily residential aspect of the Island or
cause disruption. It is a PG rated place, but as I have been informed, Mature content
and activity may be maintained within my own building.
Gamer-T

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2007, 04:50:20 pm »
Sounds great then.  I'm waiting for a while before I buy some land, I've got plenty to keep me occupied at the moment just as a tramp with not a penny to my name lol

ALADYBLOND

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2007, 05:33:11 pm »
ill make any of you that i know a deal..... ;D you can sell on the island you are only limited to how many prims are on your parcel.
you can also live in one spot and have a store rented cheaply elsewhere.
~~if i only had a brain~~

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2007, 05:41:30 pm »
That sounds good Alady, I would rather pay you than someone I don't know.  I'm not sure when it will be but I will keep it in mind.  Thanks :)

GamerThom

• Departed Friend.
  • Starship Trooper
« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2007, 10:44:09 am »
How goes the research Freddy and Mav?  Haven't seen you on SL in a few days.

Gamer-T

Maviarab

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
  • What are you doing Dave?
    • The Celluloid Sage
« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2007, 01:58:26 pm »
I was last in on Sat afternoon, but place was quiet. Parked myself up at Vitt's place heh.

Then on Sat night my PSU went 'POP' and then 'FRAZZLE' then 'ALL BLUE AND SPARKLY' then it just kinda died :(

Totally screwed. Cant afford to replace it till a week on wednesday :( so I'll be out of SL etc until then.

Thank god for spare pc's eh? hehe  ;D

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2007, 03:58:05 pm »
Oh boy, I wondered where you had disappeared to Mav...bad luck dude :(

I haven't been on SL over the weekend as I have had things in RL to do, I will be back soon though.  I still have to finish my tutorials off over at the Ivory Towers place, I'm up to level 3 now and it's going well.  I want to spend some time on skinning at some point - I read you can buy a plugin that allows you to preview skins before uploading (which incurs a fee) so I can save myself some dollars.

See you soon.

GamerThom

• Departed Friend.
  • Starship Trooper
« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2007, 05:07:13 pm »
You'll have to let me know about that skin testing plug-in Freddy, I might want to check it out myself.

Sorry about uor PC dude. I know what you're going through after having spent almost 6 weeks without
a decent one to do any work on or even play a game. But as you say: thank god for having a spare, even
if it is only capable of of surfing the net and doing emails.

SL has been having some real issues with the server grid the past few days anyway. It started Friday,
they thought they had it fixed Sunday morning, but then around midnite PDT the whole thing went
screwey again and it still isn't fixed. You can login, but that's about all you can do right now.

BTW..... I'm having to rebuild, had little accident concerning some scripted particle lighting that
really got me in a mess. But I got it set aright. BUt I need to put up a new house. I'm waiting until
the grid gets straightened out though. Buying the other parcel from ~aladyblond that she has
directly behind mine, so I'll have a bigger place with a room to show off and sell some designs.

Mav, if you had IM'd me Friday night I could have taken you with me to the Pink PussyCat Club.
New place that had its opening that night. Not bad if all you want to do is watch girls pole dancing.
But it gets pricey if you want them to strip or anything.  ;)  ;D
Gamer-T

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
Today at 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

292 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 346. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles