• 58 Replies

yotamarker

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
  • battle programmer
    • battle programming
A.I script writer
« on: August 27, 2016, 12:34:35 pm »
does an A.I need the ability of storytelling or is she better of without it ?

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
Re: A.I script writer
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 01:29:24 pm »
Can't say for sure as each person's thoughts on the subject will vary.

How many stories? One would become boring. More than a few (depending on length) would start to take up storage space. How or where would one impose limits?

I think applicable quotes from various stories or movies might prove to be more practical or entertaining.

There are / have been some chatbots that could read stories / poems, etc., from a text file (if submitted by the user).
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

yotamarker

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
  • battle programmer
    • battle programming
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2016, 05:14:35 pm »
as for visual novels and tv shows 1 page of script = 1 minute of talk (more less)
I guess the benefits are :

1 the acquisition of many parallel  algorithms
2 discussion of multiple goal algorithms

also it is said that stories are easier to remember but if it is a computer meh it wouldn't have memory problems

kei10

• It's a honor to meet everyone!
  • Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • Just kidding.
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2016, 12:04:35 am »
It's all subjective, everything we do is always based on something, at the same time, caused by something, a catalyst. We do not do something that we have no interest in.

Talking, story telling, any thing that involve words and complex sentence are just the way to explain things by how much detail there is. Anyone that has knowledge can understand the common sense within a simple short-written story, or words.

But for those that has no cultural knowledge would require a longer elaboration for each statements one spoken. It is as simple as that. If English language is made easier and shorter, then the sentence we say routinely should be shorter. But nope, English isn't short despite being the most easiest language to learn. So are the other languages.

For example, the word "A person that killed someone" can be shortened to "murderer". The length of any story telling can be based on what audience they're showing to. Younger reader may and may not have a vast vocabulary and English knowledge, thus rather putting "murderer", a story teller would need to say "He is a person that killed someone" instead of "he is a murderer".

Thus, for an A.I to storytelling is just about how knowledgeable that A.I is, and whom the A.I is talking to, based on knowledge.

For example, if I were to be talking to a professor that are specialized in the knowledge of A.I, I wouldn't make any lengthy words, I can just go straight to the point about A.I without explaining too much.

Quotes from the story telling goes for the same. Some shitty authors just likes to be geeky, using references like it's nothing. They really confuses the hell out of me, as I do not have any knowledge of what they means. The storytelling can be lengthened by expanding the quotes into a side-story of what it actually means.
Greetings, signature.

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2016, 01:07:48 am »
I think a few of the Loebner entries over the years have built a back story, a character essentially, check out some of the interviews we did in the article section. Bruce Wilcox in particular worked on the character a lot.

Of course people are a lot more interesting if they have stories to tell, who wants to talk to an encyclopedia ? That might be useful down the pub quiz, but in every day life it's sometimes viewed negatively.

yotamarker

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
  • battle programmer
    • battle programming
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2016, 05:35:17 pm »
@hashirama by detail you mean association and goal I mean
here we aim to crack the code behind the brain, what is detail ?

assume :
we have a short sentence :
I road my bike to the park
it can spra assuming the bike xor the park have high emotion value :
I bought my bike at X I ride them to work
the park is crowded usually
and so on

also there is something triggering the story sequence what do you think it is ? :
1 the length ?
2 no feedback after x time ?
3 new associations ?
4 else ?

BTW it's cool to call you hashirama yes ?

kei10

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • Just kidding.
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2016, 07:38:16 pm »
@Yotamarker
Hashirama...? Are you calling me? LOL? Well, I dunno, I guess I don't mind. I don't watch Naruto, so I am not really sure about that. Here will tell you my research, I don't mind sharing this one. But it is something that I've mentioned before, the time that I answered your puzzles.

Sequential Situational Memory
From what I've researched alone, what triggers the sequence of telling a detail is the memory of "Sequential Situational Memory". If you remembered correctly from one of your puzzles that I've answered, the emotions are stored within the ends of the situational memory. Which is why you can only recall emotions if you recall situations.

Every action we do, things we see, goals, activities, and such all are recorded as sequence. And the sequence of the memory records every particular detail there is. The location, the location name, the time, the day, the night, how many people there are, what were you doing in that moment, what do you feel that moment, what were you thinking that moment, and every thing, is stored as a detailed sequence.

Referential Memories
But just as you know, our memories can easily recall other memories, because memories are linked in a hybrid hierarchical and mesh. So we don't actually need to record every detail, but anything that is enough to represent something that we can remember of what we remembered exactly.

Our memory is encoded in such a way that -- well, have you ever try to remember something, but you couldn't, but you just have this feeling that you do? It's a obstructed memory recollection. Sometimes memories fail to be decoded. The memory is there, yet you couldn't decode it, that is why you have this feeling. It's also because that the sequence of the memory has been broken/reformed into a mess, that it no longer makes sense.

After all, recalling memories reinforces on both Referential and Sequential memories. So if either one of them seems to be messed up, the recalling of those linked memories will be abruptly blocked. Which means you would require to seek other way around the pathway to look for the memory you're seeking.

For example, consider a sequential memory of a person's back clothing. You remember that there should be a word behind his back. But you just couldn't remember what it is.

The word behind that clothing starts with a letter K, but you couldn't remember how to pronounce it, nor know how long it is. Attempting to recall via referential memory will be difficult, as even if your referential memory is intact, you won't able to match the memory as the sequential memory is missing.

Just like a missing part of a photo of evidence. You know that there is something in that photo, but that part is torn off, and you cannot find out what it is. Even though you know that it starts with letter "K", but you were uncertain.

Attempting to guess a memory can further disorganize the referential and sequential memory, as it may attempt to form new links.

Memory Manipulation
Our brain isn't just all about collecting memories from sensory perception, and does all sorts of "matching" whatnot. There are few other functions, very, important, functions that isn't just about matching memory, such as sequencing it, estimating, guessing, etc. We have the ability to use the concept of logic and generalization, where one memory can be recalled to replace a certain part of a sequence to form a new type of sequential/referential memory.

Let's say you have two sequence of memories.
  • Memory A: There was once a rich boy that pointed knife at your best friend, before you could act, this boy killed your friend by stabbing it into his heart, killing him immediately. The boy ran away and never found. This memory recalls sadness, and anger. The sadness is that you lost the boy. The anger is that you were not able to find the boy for revenge.
  • Memory B: There was once a girl that has a flower in her hand. She gave the flower to you, and smiled. She became your girlfriend after that. This memory recalls happiness. You were poor, yet you gained a girlfriend.
We have the ability to manipulate the details, which alters the formation of emotions. Remember that I said that emotions are not directly stored within any memory. They're only generated based on the sequence of memories. Losing something, gaining something, unable to decide something, confusion, curiosity, and every emotions can only be generated from recalling Sequential Situational Memories.

With a simple twitch...
Memory C: There was once a girl, your girlfriend, that pointed knife at me, before you could act, this she killed you with a knife by stabbing it into your heart, killing you immediately. The boy ran to the girl, she became his girlfriend after that. This memory now recalls as sadness because you lose her, you gained jealously as the boy now gets her, and you gained envious and happiness because now the girl gets the rich boy, instead of the poor you. However, you also gained anger due to uncertainty of why such event happened.

Recalling Memory, Goals, Consequences, the Catalyst of any Goals, Rewards, Prediction, and Curiosity
  • Every voluntary action is a goal - As I already mentioned, it's all based on knowledge. Just like you said, "explaining" is a type of action, anything that involves action is a goal. Anything that you aware of.
  • The catalyst of every goal are just all about you, never others - That is right, this is the sad truth. Your brain, never do anything because of others, all of it, is all because of you. Your emotions, to be exact. They, are the ones that imprisoned you to do everything. Didn't I say this before? Your brain is operated by two things -- emotional intelligence, and the memory itself. While memory generates emotion, the emotion itself is an instinct, a entire brain itself, which means it encapsulates even the memory itself. Therefore, we will break apart even if only our emotion fails to function, despite our logical memory remains intact.
  • The general purpose of every goal is to avoid consequences - The name says it all. It is part of our instinct to avoid anything that can destroy your survival, and force your way towards positive feedback -- it's the base of our evolution. However, as you already know that I mentioned before, again, emotional intelligence of our brain is unstable. We have the ability to lose focus, forget, and acquire misconception. Our brain maybe powered by a god-zillion of neurons, but the chemistry of our brain, is not perfect. Sometimes we're stupid enough to go towards consequences instead. Such as being lazy will only getting yourself killed early. Or, the "lazy" is a neural disease.
  • Progressing every action results a positive reward to the brain, regardless of any circumstances, unless your brain is broken. Since this happens, by default it became an instinct, or perhaps an addiction.
  • The idea of curiosity follows the same concept as reward. Gaining knowledge is a goal. Which is why we can get knowledge addition as we gain positive feedback whenever we learn anything, no matter how garbage it is.
  • Once again, recalling memories is also a goal. Progressing it generates positive feedbacks on its way. Which it is why we get absorbed into thinking.
  • So are prediction. When you predict something correctly, you gain positive feedback, and vice versa.
And so on...

Sequenced Detail, Knowledge, Experience, and Common Sense
Whilst Common Sense is nothing more than the common knowledge within a population --

So, to crack the code behind the brain, what is detail? But why do we... even explain anything in a detailed sequence? What is the purpose? I've mentioned that everything we do, must have a reason, or perhaps an external force that caused it. But what does it have anything to do with... this? Well it has to do with I've explain with all the things above.

It is nothing more than the way to explain a particular memory sequence from your memory, entirely based on the flow of your emotion, how the knowledge of memory, and its sequence that are linked the way it should be

Memories are referential, meaning that one memory can leads to many linked memories. The memories generates situational emotions. The details of the memories are depicted as a sequence. The sequence can be detailed as language, and this is how detail within story telling works.

Let's say a story;
But the murderer fled. Justice was made. The boy will be remembered for his honor. A boy goes to a walk. The boy dropped and died. Someone saw the murderer committed the crime. The boy was found dead. A murderer came out of nowhere and stabbed the boy. A funeral was attended for the boy. Someone found the boy died. The boy went screaming in pain. Soon after the funeral, the murderer was caught. No one was able to find the murderer.
Now, does that make any sense to you? Yes. Only if you have very little to no of knowledge of any Sequential Situational Memories within you. Despite that you have Referential Memories...

But if you have that knowledge that there's no such possible story exists -- then no, the details is wrongly sequenced. Your referential memory and your sequential situation memory will be clashing together, resulting the inability to accept the situation of the story, as it's all wrong based on your knowledge in real life.

By that means, you are actually attempting correct it with your knowledge, that's the result of the clash. Since reading a story means recalling both the Sequential Situation Memories and Referential Memories --
A boy goes to a walk. The boy was found dead. A murderer came out of nowhere and stabbed the boy. The boy went screaming in pain. The boy dropped and died. Someone saw the murderer committed the crime. Someone found the boy died. But the murderer fled. No one was able to find the murderer. A funeral was attended for the boy. The boy will be remembered for his honor. Soon after the funeral, the murderer was caught. Justice was made.

Your questions
To answer your questions --
  • the length ?
    • Your Primary Memory, and Sequential Situation Memory is always in effect regardless of where you are, what you're doing, the time, etc. Which means in different situations of whom you're speaking to, it greatly depends on the emotion of yourself. Especially what would the consequences arise, if you do not elaborate correctly of your statements? Just as I said, our emotions can be unstable. Especially when we're angry -- or lazy. If you're lazy, you would just shorten everything as much as possible. Same goes for anger, as anger are caused by obstruction to certain goal, it makes you become hasty. Thus you would talk faster, elaborate faster, or elaborate less to save time. Just like right now I am not in a rush, so I decided to elaborate everything as clearly as possible, to avoid any future confusions from me.
  • no feedback after x time ?
    • Our brain is constructed to be involved with communication. Communication also involves curiosity, prediction, and timing. When one does not respond, it means that it takes away your positive feedback. You fail to gain knowledge of what the speaker will respond, and you were unable to predict, nor even discover the timing. This will generate an uncertainty, and result anger. The result of anger makes you rush, and it will make you add a few more words in attempt to force your speaker to respond. it's a horrible thing...
  • new associations ?
    • What do you mean? Please be specific.
  • else ?
    • Let's fit all the puzzles together.

What are details?
Too long, didn't read...

Our brain is stored in many different types of memories. Memories are categorized into a hybrid heirarchical mesh. Some important memory types is in the play; The Referential Memories, the Sequential Situation Memories, Short-Term Memories, and the Primary Memories -- or perhaps many more. All must work together, in order to involve the flow of certain emotions, which governs the entire brain, our actions, and the formation of new memories itself.

The details of objects are stored as Referential Memories. The detail of situation is stored as Sequential Situation Memories. Both references to one and another.

The proper sequence of story telling/forming sentences as well as the detail of the story is depicted by those memory types that I mentioned. Sequential Situation Memories and Referential Memories plays the most important role, including your emotions -- to sum up, it's about knowledge. Also whether if there will be consequences, or you'll get bothered by such consequences.

Anything that involves triggering of the storytelling, mostly to do with the emotion itself. For example Now, you wouldn't say... "I love you, marry me", with a serious tone that you actually meant it, do you? You don't, because your emotion wouldn't allow you that.

Therefore, here's your answer. I think you should read the whole thing. LOL Because as you can see, you don't know what I just said, do you? (Only if you didn't read the all long paragraphs above the Too Long;Didn't Read part. Which I always baffled by whatever BF33/The King says as he never explains anything.)

Edit: Well this is sure my longest reply ever.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 12:36:03 pm by kei10 »
Greetings, signature.

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2016, 11:23:32 am »
Wow! Never let it be said that Kei10 doesn't write things down!  ;) Great reply!
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

yotamarker

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
  • battle programmer
    • battle programming
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2016, 04:40:41 pm »
you should publish a book
that was beautiful !

kei10

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • Just kidding.
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2016, 05:03:38 pm »
you should publish a book
that was beautiful !
Oh... I thought I wrote rubbish.
Thank you. :D
Greetings, signature.

keghn

• Trusty Member
  • Terminator
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2016, 06:57:25 pm »
 That was good @kei10.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 09:10:56 pm by keghn »

yotamarker

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
  • battle programmer
    • battle programming
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2016, 08:37:51 pm »
I liked : "we gain positive feedback whenever we learn anything, no matter how garbage it is"
except for questions what else does the brain use to achieve that ?

also what would ,make the A.I just shut up ?

madmax

• Bumblebee
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2016, 10:24:49 pm »
If i may give my opinion.All memory is Sequential Situational Memory as you were named it.Everything is about connecting sequences of sensing signals.The referential memory doesn't exist.The way that are sequences of memory arranged is formed by design of the brain or some sort of spatial logic arrange.

If you cant recall some memory but you have feeling that you almost get it,is because you currently process different arrangement of sequence memories which drives your attention.In that situation you must deconstruct your attention arrangement to the point of sequences of memories it self,like on the letters only or something similar.In that way you trigger new attention arrangement which looks like almost random attempts, and your recall came up almost suddenly from nowhere.But is not suddenly form nowhere it is just different arrangement due to the inner and outer spatial logic of the brain.This memories arrangement are intersected.Referential memory could be just one pathway of the arrangement sequences.

When you use one pathway you try to focus your self on some inter meaning of particular sequences,that why you may think that memory itself is that way arranged.Emotions pathways are the strongest trigger exciting pathway of sequence arrangement.So just one sequence of memory could be sufficient to trigger emotion reaction even you not aware of that particular sequence in the moment you subconsciously recognize it through your senses.

kei10

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • Just kidding.
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2016, 10:35:49 pm »
@Madmax
Interesting opinion. You might be onto something here I've not given a thought about, thank you. :D

@yotamarker
Questions are triggered by curiosity. What makes one ask what sort of questions are based on curiosity, goal, the emotion, consequences, and timing. One wouldn't go and ask you, "Do you love me? Will you marry me?" now, would you?

The A.I will shut up if anyway they spoke will cause any consequences, ones that are enough to frighten the A.I off. Now, would you keep talking if I tell you that I can tell Freddy to ban you if you keep asking questions before giving a thought? JUST KIDDING. I'm sorry! That was mean of me...

Edit: Just like when one has learned that when one've nothing nice to say, then don't say it. Because it will get oneself into trouble, as an example.
Greetings, signature.

keghn

• Trusty Member
  • Terminator
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2016, 12:50:57 am »
 I am a real big fan of sequential memory.

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
Today at 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

314 Guests, 2 Users
Users active in past 15 minutes:
8pla.net, ivan.moony
[Trusty Member]

Most Online Today: 335. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles