Re: Eva Progress, from AGI to ASI
« Reply #137 on: April 30, 2018, 03:48:25 am »
[Deleted]
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 05:09:43 pm by unreality »

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #138 on: April 30, 2018, 03:58:31 am »
Can't wait for your early May video where you will "step through the major areas of my AGI code.".
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #139 on: April 30, 2018, 04:25:19 am »
Quoted from Unreality: "...wow don't even mention the word AGI unless you want to get assaulted..."

Not exactly true. What you put in your tagline for all to see was your claim of: "Built World's First AGI"

THAT's likely what's been causing you any heat you might be feeling, real, imagined or otherwise.

It's one thing to adopt a methodology or way of thinking. It's another to profess that you have it or something that everyone else is trying to have.
There's where that word, liar tends to come into play.

If you claimed to be a Doctor, then some might ask to see a copy of your diploma. Likewise, if you claim to have built the world's first ASI, then you might just be prepared to answer your phone or your door, but don't be dismissive for people doubting such claims without proof. That is human nature.

For others who are far too busy sharpening their own sticks to jab the proclaimer, could that be jealousy or the notion that since they didn't discover or develop it, no one else could?

Rest up people, time is ticking and there are other things worthy of your attention. O0
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

unreality

• Starship Trooper
« Reply #140 on: April 30, 2018, 04:51:02 am »
[Deleted]
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 05:09:54 pm by unreality »

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
« Reply #141 on: April 30, 2018, 05:19:22 am »
Unreal, did you measure IQ of your creation?
If you didn't, it is time to do it, there are tests around the web.
If you can't do it... I'm afraid I have to admit that I think your algorithm is not finished yet.

unreality

• Starship Trooper
« Reply #142 on: April 30, 2018, 06:45:25 am »
[Deleted]
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 05:10:01 pm by unreality »

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
  • Humans will disappoint you.
    • Home Page
« Reply #143 on: April 30, 2018, 06:49:52 am »
Genius is a curse. You should count your blessings.

Don Patrick

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • AI / robot merchandise
« Reply #144 on: April 30, 2018, 10:01:54 am »
For others who are far too busy sharpening their own sticks to jab the proclaimer, could that be jealousy or the notion that since they didn't discover or develop it, no one else could?
Someone once said they had never seen as much "professional jealousy" as there is in the field of AI, and certainly the quest for AGI is being seen as a race, where everyone wants to be the first for fame and glory. This does not lead to the most stable mindset, or the healthiest.
Some years ago, Infurl was the one by whose example I learned that it was wiser not to waste time on fruitless arguments, and just get on with my own work like he did, because it is in no way impaired by whatever others are working on. No self-proclaimed AGI project has amounted to anything above standard yet. We'll see, and until that time, we won't.
CO2 retains heat. More CO2 in the air = hotter climate.

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • Look into my eyes! WOAH!
    • YouTube
« Reply #145 on: April 30, 2018, 12:13:06 pm »
Art, my unedited post says "wow don't even mention the word ASI unless you want to get assaulted lol."

So how in the world did your quote somehow transform ASI into AGI? I typed ASI, and that's what my my post says.

Honestly I have nothing to say about people who call you liars and other childish names when they don't have a shred of evidence to back up their claim.

I suspect their might be some funny stuff going on with this site because numerous times I've seen my posts change.

Anyhow, ridiculous conversation.

Signs and symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder and the severity of symptoms vary. People with the disorder can:

•   Have an exaggerated sense of self-importance
•   Have a sense of entitlement and require constant, excessive admiration
•   Expect to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it
•   Exaggerate achievements and talents
•   Be preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate
•   Believe they are superior and can only associate with equally special people
•   Monopolize conversations and belittle or look down on people they perceive as inferior
•   Expect special favors and unquestioning compliance with their expectations
•   Take advantage of others to get what they want
•   Have an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others
•   Be envious of others and believe others envy them
•   Behave in an arrogant or haughty manner, coming across as conceited, boastful and pretentious
•   Insist on having the best of everything — for instance, the best car or office

At the same time, people with narcissistic personality disorder have trouble handling anything they perceive as criticism, and they can:

•   Become impatient or angry when they don't receive special treatment
•   Have significant interpersonal problems and easily feel slighted
•   React with rage or contempt and try to belittle the other person to make themselves appear superior
•   Have difficulty regulating emotions and behavior
•   Experience major problems dealing with stress and adapting to change
•   Feel depressed and moody because they fall short of perfection
•   Have secret feelings of insecurity, shame, vulnerability and humiliation

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/narcissistic-personality-disorder/symptoms-causes/syc-20366662

:)
It thunk... therefore it is!...    /    Project Page    /    KorrTecx Website

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
  • Humans will disappoint you.
    • Home Page
« Reply #146 on: April 30, 2018, 12:35:28 pm »
That seems to fit him doesn't it. I've observed all but one of those symptoms in him since he started on this forum. It's so frustrating not being able to help someone who is in such dire need. Ignoring behaviour like that doesn't seem like the right thing to do but engaging with it just ends up feeling cruel.

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • Look into my eyes! WOAH!
    • YouTube
« Reply #147 on: April 30, 2018, 12:54:50 pm »
As I always say, were all a bit narcissistic, psychotic, paranoid, schizophrenic, etc… it’s just that most people fall within our societies accepted norm, and so are judged as ‘normal’.

So here’s the dilemma, or catch-22, in trying to deal with narcissists successfully when it’s just not practical to avoid them completely.

If you directly confront a malignant narcissist, you’ll never succeed in puncturing their ironclad defenses. Plus, they’re notorious for counter-punching really, really hard. Whenever they feel attacked, they can be set aflame. Even a simple suggestion that they try doing something differently can make them, bare their teeth at you, cobra-like. It doesn’t take long for most people dealing with narcissists to realize they don’t take criticism well, if at all. And how could they if — just below their proud, dominant exterior — they’re frightened little children, trembling anxiously with vulnerability? That, after all, is what all their defenses are precisely designed to protect.

So, when approaching disagreements with a narcissist routinely results in feeling punished, you soon learn that to achieve any peace in the relationship, you’ll be required to keep your frustrations to yourself. And the manner in which most people accomplish this superficial harmony is through accommodating or pacifying them.

That is, whenever feasible, you’ll acquiesce to their need to control and maybe even berate you. For it’s just easier than to attack back or try to reason with them. Unfortunately, though, this defensive tactic only feeds their narcissism. It can easily make them even harder to deal with, since, however inadvertently, you may be prompting them to further dominate you by no longer offering any resistance. And extreme narcissists can’t resist taking advantage of all opportunities to further strengthen or inflate their essentially fragile ego. Ironically, any placating role you adopt can actually end up further supersizing that ego.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/evolution-the-self/201711/the-catch-22-dealing-narcissist

It thunk... therefore it is!...    /    Project Page    /    KorrTecx Website

spydaz

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • Developing Conversational AI (Natural Language/ML)
    • Spydaz_Web
« Reply #148 on: April 30, 2018, 01:02:37 pm »
Someone once said they had never seen as much "professional jealousy" as there is in the field of AI, and certainly the quest for AGI is being seen as a race, where everyone wants to be the first for fame and glory. This does not lead to the most stable mindset, or the healthiest.
Some years ago, Infurl was the one by whose example I learned that it was wiser not to waste time on fruitless arguments, and just get on with my own work like he did, because it is in no way impaired by whatever others are working on. No self-proclaimed AGI project has amounted to anything above standard yet. We'll see, and until that time, we won't.

While its true there is a race Amongst developers to create some form of AGI. there is also a lot of claims being made which are probably just "thought experiments"  and fruitless..... There are a lot of different methodologies being thrown about in the community and yet none are really from the foundations of "Chatbot design" . there is also a lot of things being done with "neural networks" which can already be achieved with basic programming. yes its Interesting to see... People struggling to create what is already created with complexities that are not needed. In chats explaining such ideas sound "Amazing, Great, Fantastic". But really this is another thing which slows the progress of AI. It makes people think will this ever be achieved ? Great work to those pushing such techniques...
I personally promote discussion and sharing of ideas.... but if they are just ideas then fine.... no need to deceive with false claims as unless the code or snippets of code is being shared or even a "paper" written and published somewhere. I often Explain what i am thinking and doing and don't really like to share code but .... This is the future! no one person will accomplish these goals. The military already has a fully functional Conversational AI... obviously they would not release it to the public (same about UFO's)... so it will have to be a community such as ours which will conquer it or "PARTS"......

There is a lot of bad feelings being thown about the place please stop!.... Its not good......Plus no more false claims either ! Its good to have dreams and ideas or fantasies.
Recent events have made me realise information loss .... from death or other events can mean discoveries can be lost..... Nikloa Tessla a prime example! we could already be in a future far far beyond today. So many people make home discoveries that are never shared .... what was the point! not everything is about money Especially AI as in the end IT will become the worker dispelling the need for money!

I will be starting to share some bits here https://github.com/spydaz

unreality

• Starship Trooper
« Reply #149 on: April 30, 2018, 02:42:10 pm »
[Deleted]
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 05:10:11 pm by unreality »

Open AI GPT-4o - audio, vision, text combined reasoning
by MikeB (AI News )
May 14, 2024, 05:46:48 am
AI controlled F-16, for real!
by frankinstien (AI News )
May 04, 2024, 01:04:11 am
OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 31, 2024, 01:00:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm

Users Online

302 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 352. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles