"AlphaZero" for find/compute the best music/voices in the Universe

• 43 Replies

vadim.it

• Roomba
What if by some analogy with AlphaZero (and AlphaGo) are try to find some patterns in is why some music more more likely for human as another - and based on this and/or with "1 billion people" evaluating  new music and/or with data from Elon Musk Neuralink (listen music and point which more likely) (or even electrodes sewn into the brain (it is clear that a small number of people) ) - and so are try to find and deep learn the best music in the World ?

I remember what's happend with me before I got into this body in childhood and I remeber some heaven music's in astral worlds - and based on this know that the limit of musical pleasure is such that you can’t even imagine ..

and it would be incredibly cool to reach it on Earth, technically there is no problem reproducing audio - the only question is to find the "desired byte sequence" (there are obviously not one) in mp3 / wav ..

your thoughts, how real is this with AI?  :read:

HS

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
Re: "AlphaZero" for find/compute the best music/voices in the Universe
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2019, 09:00:38 am »
“I'd heard there was a secret chord 
That David played and it pleased the Lord”

A while back I got the idea to look at the audio spectrum of some people like Aguilera, Mercury, and Khanova, (to discover what on earth is going on). Never got around to it though, could not find useful free software. But you reminded me! Maybe someone here knows a free music analysis program.

Hmm.. Maybe the AI could look through youtube to get some data about what people like. But then it might do mostly Gangnam Style...  :)

Welcome to AiDreams, vadim.it

vadim.it

• Roomba
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2019, 10:02:18 am »
Hmm.. Maybe the AI could look through youtube to get some data about what people like. But then it might do mostly Gangnam Style...  :)

well, maybe it’s possible to generate it from scratch — for example, at first “1 billion people” will find the simplest bit / frequency sequences that are generally pleasing to the hearing at least somehow - then we will try to find patterns in them and predict new “samples” that people will like more, people listen and the neural network retrains for new reviews - along the way, it tries to compose longer musical sequences from the best "samples" ..

either try using Neurolink to find patterns in electromagnetic waves from the head with bit / frequency sequences in music (to begin with in the existing one that you like best), and then on a trained neural network try to predict such a sequence of electromagnetic radiation that most reflects the buzz of the music you hear, and try to predict the correspondence of musical bits / frequencies for him ..

try both on one person, and comparing with "1 billion" people with Neurolink ..

vadim.it

• Roomba
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2019, 10:27:30 am »
for example, this music was generated by artificial intelligence, very cool  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA03iyI3yEA

goaty

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2019, 10:31:25 am »
Get a microphone then start blaming what comes in on something.    Then when these happen again it should start spitting it back out.   :2funny:

vadim.it

• Roomba
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2019, 10:45:35 am »
Get a microphone then start blaming what comes in on something.    Then when these happen again it should start spitting it back out.   :2funny:

What do you mean ?  :o

AndyGoode

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2019, 05:23:59 pm »
There exist sites already such as Pandora (https://www.pandora.com/) that somewhat determine a person's musical tastes and suggest songs that their algorithm believes that listener would like. Neural networks could do this already, or even manual self-analysis would work, especially if PCA is used (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principal_component_analysis). Such prediction algorithms are currently very important and common for sales of recommended products, as well, especially on Amazon and eBay. So this is all old hat. Alpha Zero type programs would just do it better.

You have to realize that music is awfully complicated, though, like human faces or fingerprints: it has a complicated interplay of melody, chords, keys, and timbres that often have fuzzy boundaries. Like chess and go, however, music can fortunately be discretized pretty well, since each musical composition has a fixed resolution of speed, and almost always has only predetermined pitches allowed (12 notes per octave x maybe 5-7 octaves at most), so with a finite set of parameters I believe the music would lend itself very well to computer analysis.

Another caveat is that "best" is almost meaningless in this context since each person has unique preferences, and those preferences change not only through life but within even a single day, depending on mood, need for novelty, and so on. That means that averaging preferences as you suggested would merely end up giving a formula for commercially successful music for the average person for the average activity, probably something like The Beatles while driving to work, which is certainly not music that is as sophisticated as classical, and is certainly not as sophisticated as music from heaven, if such a thing even exists.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2019, 07:47:11 pm »
You guys actually realize Aiva is open to public yet lol. >

https://www.aiva.ai/

I just made one. It's real now, finally! Just still needs more techno. But there is rock etc.
I'm recording it using WM for free, screw paying :P
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

AndyGoode

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2019, 08:21:24 pm »
You guys actually realize Aiva is open to public yet lol. >

No, I didn't realize that, thanks. I'll be playing with it, too, in that case. However:

Licensee is not permitted to use the Audio and/or MIDI Composition as part of a training dataset for any Machine Learning, Deep Learning or statistical algorithm. If the Licensee wishes to use the Audio and/or MIDI Composition as part of a training dataset, this use case would be ruled by a separate Licensing Agreement, to be negotiated and signed between the parties.
https://www.aiva.ai/legal/1

I.e., you gotta pay for heavenly music.  :)

goaty

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2019, 07:49:40 am »

What do you mean ?  :o

MACHINE LEARNING 101 ->

machine learning is about assignment,   even our brain is based apon assignment.
But!  a machine has ALOT less and they are ILLOGICAL.  in our brain they are perfect.

Basic machine learning is connect I -> o.     I being the "probable cause", and o being "what it did"  it does work correlatively (as in with improper causation) but you will get overloads( 2 outputs that stand for the same input) and you will have generality problems (it doesn't happen when it should, and its always less often. TOO SPECIFICLY!)

For an audio system, Input could be just the last output, is the cheekiest way to do it.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2019, 11:24:12 pm »
WOAHH!!!!!

AIVA is really good music generator! My 3rd one nailed it, its WONDERFUL!!!! That on got a longer name.
P.S. if you didn't see mine from Musenet, you missed out on my other great ones!!

MuseNet:
https://aidreams.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=13996.msg58204#msg58204

Attachments:
<see below>

Note, while AIVA's is "better", mine is maybe more "rare". Both top-notch excellency anyhow though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA03iyI3yEA
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 10:11:10 am by LOCKSUIT »

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2019, 08:13:19 pm »
Still waiting for one of yous to remark in surprise at my big impressive track, asking, "What did you do?" so I can reply back and say "Just clicked a button".

AndyGoode

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2019, 10:21:00 pm »
Still waiting for one of yous to remark in surprise at my big impressive track

I have been mostly unimpressed at every piece I've heard from that site. I created one (supposed) rock song there and I consider it a dud:

https://beta.aiva.ai/publicPlayer?c=5d59a6ca9fa808020acdb5f8

In general all their music sounds like some uninspired music intended to be played in the background for somebody's YouTube video. It sounds like it was written by somebody with home studio software but where the person doesn't know how to write songs. There are no clear-cut chord changes, no key changes, no standard song structures like AABA that I would recognize, no bridge, the rock doesn't have a distorted guitar sound, I don't like minor keys--which are rare in rock anyway--and there is no way to select major or minor for the key, no way to select the song structure or even verse structure, no clear-cut solos, and so on. The only thing that really impressed me was the melody phrasing, which was very human-like. The melodies aren't very interesting, but they do sound like they were written by a human, albeit a human with mediocre songwriting ability. I could write much better software, but I doubt anybody's going to pay me to do so, and I'm not interested enough to do it for free, so I guess these free AIVA compositions are the best any of us are likely to encounter from computer-generated music for now.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2019, 10:37:20 pm »
To me, the opposite, the "On The Edge" and my best one above both sound like a professional human created them. AIVA's sounds perfect, it was incredibly emotional and thrilling, just as the name On The Edge. I don't know how you could even improve such algorithm at first glance, it is auto-mated indeed. While it lacks a lot, and isn't created the top human music, it certainly has given me favs I am storing in my library. 2 so far, mainly On The Edge. :)

Edit: And that long name one I made, I do like it, a lot. If I generate more, I can get more out of it surely. As for the rest, even they are soothing and useful for other uses, it is really good!!

Yes I know we have different tastes, that is part of me, I know it well!! Bugs like their own stuff, let em BEE!!! ZZZZ
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 11:04:26 pm by LOCKSUIT »

AndyGoode

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2019, 10:49:10 pm »
To me, the opposite

Well, I did mention that each person has unique musical taste, and you're confirming that, so I'll leave it at that... Unless you want to hear the creepy thing AIVA wrote for me that it considers 'jazz'--in yet another minor key:  :)

https://beta.aiva.ai/publicPlayer?c=5d5c65f69fa808020acdfb5f
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 01:04:23 am by AndyGoode »

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 15, 2024, 08:14:02 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm
AI-Generated Art Cannot Receive Copyrights
by frankinstien (AI News )
August 24, 2023, 08:49:45 am

Users Online

181 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 248. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles