Bodily Maps of Emotions

• 1 Replies

frankinstien

• Replicant
    • Knowledgeable Machines
Bodily Maps of Emotions
« on: July 24, 2020, 05:56:54 am »
In researching emotions I discovered this paper on how people feel emotions on their bodies. What is interesting is that it's universal across most cultures  with a few differences. With that said: how to make that happen with an A.I. Particularly when it comes to experiences of shortness of breath, racing heart rates, perspiration or something like the wind being knocked out of someone? One solution could be to create a virtual sense of those experiences by creating a virtual  heart, lungs, etc and having those virtual organs react to the emotions or physical assault, maybe?

Body Maps

frankinstien

• Replicant
    • Knowledgeable Machines
Re: Bodily Maps of Emotions
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2020, 05:05:22 pm »
I've been thinking about this idea of virtual organs or sensations of organs and realized that even eating and drinking could be virtualized for A.I. The sensation of hunger could then be gratified through virtual food! This could even turn into an industry where you can take your bot to a restaurant and order virtual food for it. Each restaurant applies spices and cooks the food its own way so each restaurants food tastes different. Even the virtual ovens or grills can be customize for barbecue,  smoking, slow cooker, etc. So when a waiter serves the plate with a wifi chip the bot can see and smell the food, now if you look at the plate with your phone camera you can see what the bot is eating!  :D

While a bot can't get fat it can still suffer from eating disorders in the form of a compulsive behavior disorder, where the bot doesn't do anything else be eat! Of course take-out for the bot is the best, they just order online and download it!  O0

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
Today at 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

289 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 343. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles