• 9 Replies

yotamarker

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
  • battle programmer
    • battle programming
Consciousness for an A.G.I
« on: September 21, 2019, 06:10:04 am »
this is a class, that would be present in whatever the A.G.I does.
and enable communication and cooperation, between her different skills actions and behaviors.

Admin: Corrected spelling of 'Consciousness'.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 02:06:19 pm by Freddy »

yotamarker

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
  • battle programmer
    • battle programming
Re: conscienceness for an A.G.I
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2019, 06:21:57 am »
I wonder if the A.G.I should have a death awareness mode.
it would allow her to take giga risks if for some unlikely reason she would think she is going to die.

goaty

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2019, 06:50:51 am »
You don't mean consciousness do you,  because you may be able to make a robot measure its own body, and have self diagnostics systems, but its getting pretty advanced,  and maybe I wont even bother.     When god made us conscious, it was with a very dangerously high risk factor we should not trust and delve into ourselves.

HS

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2019, 07:41:07 am »
Consciousness, what would influence its actions, and what would it act upon? The way I see it, emotion would be the primary guide of consciousness, and consciousness would choose where reason was applied. Without consciousness, emotion would directly trigger reason, narrowing the range of possible behaviors to only the experience/foresight afforded by emotion. Whereas consciousness introduces the concept of potential beneficial/detrimental unknowns, which temporarily (if your emotions are working properly), outweighs your primary emotions (motivation) making you find potentially better options.

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2019, 01:28:48 pm »
Concerning his AGI, I would think that its internal programming would have included a "Self-Preservation" module/section that would activate any time certain parameters were met. Some sort of internal damage, battery issue, if it "felt" threatened or power failure to name a few.

A true AGI would or should have the ability to anticipate certain types of threats to its existence.

A form of digital "Consciousness" would be the culmination of all its sensory awareness and self-awareness, threats, diagnostics, power reserves, obtaining new information and to protect and preserve what it knows, etc.
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

goaty

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2019, 04:21:44 pm »
Consciousness, what would influence its actions, and what would it act upon? The way I see it, emotion would be the primary guide of consciousness, and consciousness would choose where reason was applied. Without consciousness, emotion would directly trigger reason, narrowing the range of possible behaviors to only the experience/foresight afforded by emotion. Whereas consciousness introduces the concept of potential beneficial/detrimental unknowns, which temporarily (if your emotions are working properly), outweighs your primary emotions (motivation) making you find potentially better options.

Robots actually don't magic in their bodies,  they are empty caskets full of diodes and capacitors but no life.

HS

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
Re: Consciousness for an A.G.I
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2019, 01:44:19 am »
Well... Not yet. But I hope that it can be achieved. After all, if you subscribe to evolution, there was a time when we were just robots, chemical reactions, or rocks; depending on where we prefer to draw the imaginary line.

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2019, 04:27:41 pm »
Consciousness - Aware of one's self and the world around it, regardless of size or structure.

With the right type and amount of sensors and the correct programming, a digital entity could certainly fit the definition.

Not talking about some soul here but the degree of sentience or awareness that such an entity might possess.

All this is also not the same thing as intelligence.

Many of today's digital assistants clearly exhibit the 1st level of intelligence...Narrow Intelligence...Google Now, Cortana, Alexa, etc.
Then comes the AGI - Artificial General Intelligence, which many feel, is less than a decade away, give or take a few.
The ASI - Artificial Super Intelligence is quite a way off but people better be ready to deal with it because even though it's not here yet, it is coming, and it will change our lives!
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

yotamarker

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
  • battle programmer
    • battle programming
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2019, 05:42:46 pm »

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2019, 02:41:44 am »
Consciousness - Aware of one's self and the world around it, regardless of size or structure.

With the right type and amount of sensors and the correct programming, a digital entity could certainly fit the definition.

Not talking about some soul here but the degree of sentience or awareness that such an entity might possess.

Here's some context awareness and adapting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTqVhcrilrE

If I made video games, they would be that cool ^ A huge huge palace longer than any game ever and gets harder as goes on, many keys, bosses, big STUFF!!! In 600 years I will make it. Wait.
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
Today at 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

277 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 343. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles