The Ultimate Application of AI ?

• 8 Replies

selimchehimi

• Trusty Member
  • Nomad
  • I'm writing Articles about AI on my blog!
    • Selim Chehimi - AI and Tech
The Ultimate Application of AI ?
« on: August 01, 2017, 11:35:35 pm »
What’s up guys, I really think that Transhumanism represents the ultimate application of Artificial Intelligence to human life. Artificial Intelligence can improve the overall human experience by expanding the limits of the mind and body. The current technological revolution has already profoundly changed our lives and is set to transform it even more as Transhumanism offers the opportunity to eliminate disabilities, slow aging and even stop death.
I’ve just made a video about Transhumanism where I talk about how we can achieve Immortality, I really want to have your opinion on my video guys, you can find it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuoUStsE3hg

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
Re: The Ultimate Application of AI ?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 11:55:30 pm »
Selim,

Nicely presented video, especially for some who might not know about transhumanism or various advances in gene replacement technology.

While I would appreciate the opportunity to stick around to see what effects the so-called Singularity might have or what of Robosapiens or gene-altered humans would look like or what abilities they might have, I also realize that in the grand scheme of things (thus far), every living thing has a finite lifespan. From the Mayfly that only lives for one day to the giant Redwood trees in the northwest part of the USA that can live to be more than 2,000 years old!
Everything living eventually dies. If this future happens where people are able to live for a much longer time, humanity had better begin looking for another planet to inhabit...and soon!

If you could slow down your speech a tiny bit your pronunciation might come through a bit clearer. Otherwise, I enjoyed the video!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 04:08:44 am by Art »
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

selimchehimi

• Trusty Member
  • Nomad
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 12:07:15 am »
Thank you very much Art, I really appreciate it and I'm very glad that you've enjoyed my video :)
I will listen to your feedback and for the next one, I will slow down and improve my pronunciation.
I understand your point of view but I'm really asking myself if death is natural (part of evolution) or something that is failing in evolution. I wanted to make this video because I'm a bit disappointed that malaria is a global priority but not aging... I mean, both kill people right? So why aging is not considered similarly!

Thanks again for replying and watching, I'm very humbled!

PS: Yes, overpopulation would be a big problem to solve ahaha

Art

• Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 04:24:46 am »
As my wife's mother told her when asked how her doctor's examination went he told her, don't worry, everyone has to die from something. It's just the way it is. Cancer, Lupus, Maleria, heart attack, dementia, stroke, diabetes, and countless other maladies remove people from the ranks of the living. Other things such as falls, collisions, suicides, murders,  a myriad of accidents, all lead down the same path...to the grave.

People have tried for ages to cheat death, to prolong or extend life and that extension has only happened to advances in medicine and technology but as I mentioned earlier, everything eventually dies. Perhaps our mind is sound but our body is worn out so we get a replacement for those worn parts. Then it's something else and so on until that body has been entirely replaced. Then the mind begins to suffer from all kinds of possible failures, blood clots, hardening of the arteries, mini-strokes, plaque blockage, misfiring neurons, broken receptors, and on and on. This brain is no longer viable and we can't repair nor replace it...can we? A digital brain with new "wetware"? Upload the person's meme's that were backed up when the brain was fresh and vibrant? Would it still be the same person? New digital brain and new bio-engineered body that should last for 250 years, give or take 25 years and a new brain. What could possibly be better that to experience all of this?

Perhaps a fall to sleep and not wake up death when it was naturally time? Hmm...lot's to think about as we round this corner of our possible Future.

More thoughts for the lab rats.

selimchehimi

• Trusty Member
  • Nomad
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 09:19:16 am »
New digital brain and new bio-engineered body that should last for 250 years, give or take 25 years and a new brain

What do you mean by giving or taking 25 years?
Actually, what's bothering me is the fact that 2000 years ago, when we were dying at 20 yo, people were saying that it was the natural time to die! So as Technology and medicine improve, life expectancy improves too: in fact, we get 1 more year of life expectancy every decade. So maybe in a century, society will agree that the natural time to die is 120 years old or something (ouch..).

Also, if we assume consciousness as physicalism and not dualism thus it's possible to obtain the same person !! What do you think? :)

Art

• Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2017, 01:41:53 am »
New digital brain and new bio-engineered body that should last for 250 years, give or take 25 years and a new brain

What do you mean by giving or taking 25 years?
Actually, what's bothering me is the fact that 2000 years ago, when we were dying at 20 yo, people were saying that it was the natural time to die! So as Technology and medicine improve, life expectancy improves too: in fact, we get 1 more year of life expectancy every decade. So maybe in a century, society will agree that the natural time to die is 120 years old or something (ouch..).

Also, if we assume consciousness as physicalism and not dualism thus it's possible to obtain the same person !! What do you think? :)

What I meant was there is no actual predictive way to arrive at exactly low long a new body or brain will last. Do you know when you are going to die? When your hips, knees, heart will give out or fail? How about your brain? When will it get stricken with dementia and forget who you really are? 20, 25, 35, 40 years from now?
Do you see my point in saying 25 years give or take? There are no guarantees in life, how long a device might last, when things or people will fail. No one knows that exact time. That was my point in saying what I did in that manner.

No offense to anyone who believes they will live on for another 100 years or until the end of time, but I believe otherwise and that's my belief.

What we offer here is a playground for ideas, opinions, conjecture and some sideways thinking from time to time. Not everything appeals to everyone and that is what makes each of us uniquely special. (except for those 20 clones of me suspended in solution in my basement lab. Bwahahaha!! ^-^

selimchehimi

• Trusty Member
  • Nomad
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2017, 10:20:26 pm »
What I meant was there is no actual predictive way to arrive at exactly low long a new body or brain will last. Do you know when you are going to die? When your hips, knees, heart will give out or fail? How about your brain? When will it get stricken with dementia and forget who you really are? 20, 25, 35, 40 years from now?
Do you see my point in saying 25 years give or take? There are no guarantees in life, how long a device might last, when things or people will fail. No one knows that exact time. That was my point in saying what I did in that manner.

No offense to anyone who believes they will live on for another 100 years or until the end of time, but I believe otherwise and that's my belief.

What we offer here is a playground for ideas, opinions, conjecture and some sideways thinking from time to time. Not everything appeals to everyone and that is what makes each of us uniquely special. (except for those 20 clones of me suspended in solution in my basement lab. Bwahahaha!! ^-^

I got it now.

And of course, I also love that people have a different belief than me. Otherwise, life would be pretty boring!

Oh, damn it !! I was sure for the clones !!  ;D

Zero

• Eve
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2017, 04:37:31 pm »
I have to say, I hate transhumanism, but your video is beautiful. Congratulations!

selimchehimi

• Trusty Member
  • Nomad
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2017, 05:52:04 pm »
Wow man thank you so much, I really appreciate it, that means a lot to me.  :)

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
March 28, 2024, 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

327 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 396. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles