Fictional Replicas: Value of Personality

• 25 Replies

HS

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
Fictional Replicas: Value of Personality
« on: July 17, 2021, 08:04:02 pm »
What are some of your favorite fictional characters out there? If an AI was developed which could replicate a fictional personality, would the favorite characters be the ones with the best influence on the real world?

chattable

• Electric Dreamer
Re: Fictional Replicas: Value of Personality
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2021, 10:35:50 pm »
i liked zotoh zhaan from farscape.
i liked zira from the old planet of the apes movie.

MagnusWootton

• Replicant
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2021, 05:23:40 am »
Make an ACME robot looney t00ns road runner.  8)
*BEEPBEEP*

Some famous actor ppl like - But im not sure if they would be that glad you made a version of them behind their back.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 07:25:49 am by MagnusWootton »

HS

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2021, 07:49:54 am »
I was thinking it could use open source text. Imagine a virtual assistant like Alexa, but with the personality of Dracula or Don Quixote.

MagnusWootton

• Replicant
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2021, 08:13:39 am »
I guess its all possible with an infinite amount of processing power!

But how do you do it without it,  thats the question.

HS

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2021, 09:07:40 am »
Maybe processing is the wrong approach for dealing with a system that's more complex than yourself. Instead of trying to work on the consequences of an entire universe, an AI could let the complexity of an entire universe work on it.

MagnusWootton

• Replicant
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2021, 10:05:32 am »
You never know tho,   if someone ever gets a quantum computer to work,  well have the processing requirement.

yotamarker

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
  • battle programmer
    • battle programming

MagnusWootton

• Replicant
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2021, 04:15:27 pm »
Something that manga reminds me of,  is how in real life those pretty girls all just get thrown to the wolves, like pieces of rubbish.   :'(

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2021, 07:03:58 pm »
Don't laugh, but... how about Jesus, or Muhammad, or Manitu, Buddha, or any other religious embodiment?

Do we know enough about them to reconstruct their personalities? But I'm afraid it's not gonna happen with today's technology. What we have now are only a fistful of huge stimulus-response databases like Reddit, Facebook, or Twitter to train our ANNs on them. In other words, we get only a blend of mass conversational pieces, and some intelligence representation we can extract out of them.

But some other thing tickles my imagination. It should be possible to get an empty personality, and raise it with care, like our own child. Once it reaches its adulthood, such a being would have an empathy of a human combined with superpowers of machines. Would it be a good life? Maybe if it could intellectually reproduce itself, maybe then it wouldn't be lonely. And would it *feel* anything? Well, that's another valuable question.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 07:30:31 pm by ivan.moony »

HS

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2021, 08:42:45 pm »
Some thought provoking ideas there, ivan. I will keep thinking about it, the question of personality is interesting. Another option occurred to me; a chameleon personality, maybe that would be the opposite of an empty personality. But rather than being a deceitful trait, with the intelligence being out for its own short term gain, the reason for not being consistent would be to most positively influence individual experience. So it would become whatever the optimal personality was in a given situation.

MagnusWootton

• Replicant
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2021, 08:51:29 pm »
I love Ai frankenstien stories.

The computer man goes about the place always going for the highest score,  whatever brings it about in his generated model, both made from fantasy based apon what it doesnt know is wrong yet, but pleases the system,  and constrainment based apon what it does, always to bring true something instinctual it is started with, that cannot ever be defied by the system, or generated further apon in any larger way, but only to fill in the details.

AIXI.

You think thats insane,  my life is even crazier.

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2021, 09:04:19 pm »
Some thought provoking ideas there, ivan. I will keep thinking about it, the question of personality is interesting. Another option occurred to me; a chameleon personality, maybe that would be the opposite of an empty personality. But rather than being a deceitful trait, with the intelligence being out for its own short term gain, the reason for not being consistent would be to most positively influence individual experience. So it would become whatever the optimal personality was in a given situation.

Should humanity trust the chameleon personality?

MagnusWootton

• Replicant
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2021, 10:06:55 pm »
Don't laugh, but... how about Jesus, or Muhammad, or Manitu, Buddha, or any other religious embodiment?

Do we know enough about them to reconstruct their personalities? But I'm afraid it's not gonna happen with today's technology. What we have now are only a fistful of huge stimulus-response databases like Reddit, Facebook, or Twitter to train our ANNs on them. In other words, we get only a blend of mass conversational pieces, and some intelligence representation we can extract out of them.

But some other thing tickles my imagination. It should be possible to get an empty personality, and raise it with care, like our own child. Once it reaches its adulthood, such a being would have an empathy of a human combined with superpowers of machines. Would it be a good life? Maybe if it could intellectually reproduce itself, maybe then it wouldn't be lonely. And would it *feel* anything? Well, that's another valuable question.

Yes, you can definitely make a warlord out of the computer, for what little difference itll make.  Muhammad was always getting his ass kicked by the only man who could defeat him, reducing his army of battle monkeys to shitheads that just stick their arses in the air every sundown.

HS

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2021, 10:42:48 pm »
Should humanity trust the chameleon personality?

Not necessarily. The AI would be trustworthy, but requiring trust would sometimes go against it's primary objective. The fundamental environmental variable to optimize is experience. Variety being the spice of life, I think it would make sense for it to adapt itself to the needs of an individual's psychology. If someone enjoyed being a conspiracy theorist, the AI would go along with that, and join in that game.

Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 15, 2024, 08:14:02 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

303 Guests, 2 Users
Users active in past 15 minutes:
8pla.net
[Trusty Member]

Most Online Today: 335. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles