Language and Reason Propagation

• 6 Replies

HS

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
Language and Reason Propagation
« on: June 14, 2020, 11:33:35 pm »
It could indicate good things about humanity that religious people manage to be so amazingly nerdy as to inspire awe and reverence. The bible is one of the first alternate history epic fantasy novels and still to this day has one of the most fanatical followings. So much so, that they have created institutions which allow them to live action role play full time, not just on the weekends. This large lineage of people has out-competed others and survived into the present day, by LARPING…

Is the reason for us enjoying, and being compelled to participate (to some extent) in good narratives indicative of their value? Could stories evolve to be increasingly symbiotic with the populations who carry them? If there were a thousand different populations, each with a slightly different version of the same story, would such a culture be subject to narrative selection if these differences provided advantages? Is this symbiotic construct the real subject of their worship? They look after the story and the story looks after them, so is this evolving helper who changes to meet their needs the essence of god? Then they believe in it by experiencing it, by verifying that it works.

So, has a predisposition towards religious belief gotten tied into intelligence, and is this a paradox? Will A.I. make use of the same method?

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
Re: Language and Reason Propagation
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2020, 12:37:06 am »
Honestly all my family is religious and has their own version of the "bible" they made up in their head. My mom has gave me a stronger view by fighting with her mom every week on the phone about grace etc. My mom has a lot of unique (to her only) vocabulary like the spirit quickens you, that she can predict 9/11 etc, etc.

As for its use on Earth in Evolution, humans want a lot of things in life namely food and mates and shelter and recreation/ science, and God is an easy answer for the pickings. The bible is from what I can tell about a guide to order (through barbaric ways sometimes) and about Hell and Heaven. It's promoting something. It puts hope and fear into people. Fake such. It molds their minds using like 999 pages lol. It bases it on mostly stories of groups of humans if I recall. Great way to control behavior no? It spread like a meme on the internet lol.

It's yanking at their easy spots. And it's goal is no more than just control of your behavior.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 01:15:47 am by LOCKSUIT »
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

HS

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2020, 02:33:38 am »
Wouldn't the goal evolve into orchestrating the survival of the host population? Because the strains of religion which don't do this die off as they become outcompeted.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2020, 03:26:20 am »
The bible is still around because it yanks at human soft spots. It does that to control human morals. It says not to murder, it's a commandment. The stoning your son in public is to force many civilians to plus the son to not repeat the bad behavior. Many bibles have different punishment methods. The karan says to kill non followers (if I'm correct). All that tells me that people like it because it makes them happy....and fear bad stuff.....but it's only a book n the end, it doesn't put food on the table or drive trains. It's only a guide, it was always a guide only. You can think of it as a quick-go life style, it helps lay some basics but is not a expert book, just to help start you off. Many people are not technical to see god can't exist. They lack quite some important knowledge then don't they :). Look at the law/ government. Crap. But it functions a bit, like cog wheel. In the end, the hierarchy's low level peasants fuel the high layer few scientists at top. The lowest layer are the dumbest, the high nodes see all! Low nodes are replaceable, not all knowing. They are the input outputs, controllable. The high nodes are made of the low parts in a real-world kind of way, not text or image based hierarchy. So the low level nodes need simple easy answers, no buts mister, just do your job and follow the king's order, all is well...

http://godisimaginary.com/i1.htm
I could actually add to this list, it is incomplete.

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2020, 02:42:39 pm »
OK...to get off this Religion issue and more to the topic title, there are 6,500 spoken languages in the world give or take various derivatives and dialects. What was the premise behind the reason propagation subject? And why bring up religion?
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

HS

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2020, 05:24:27 pm »
You know how people will rib each other and give each other a hard time, simultaneously verifying if their friends and partners are still emotionally stable, and demonstrating trust that they are. It’s a human bonding dynamic. Being unable to talk about things is an indication of danger, of a kind of incompatibility which can emerge, causing harm to people on both sides of the divide. Opposing groups are often so concerned about their own devils that they don’t notice this one. We all know religion has exhibited this tendency in the past. So, I’ll take the occasional opportunity to check if these things are still going good.

In essence, the premise of this reason propagation through language is that our genes don’t evolve fast enough for their own survival through natural selection, so they have bootstrapped a virtual selective model which can run a simulation of genetic evolution faster than they could have changed themselves.

Language is the underlying tool which allows for this propagation of informal reason, constituting culture (religion being an easily contemplated portion of this), to occur. We think something must have caused the mysterious doubling of the human brain size several hundred thousand years ago, and that language and culture emerged thanks to that. But what if language itself was the driver behind this rapid acceleration of evolution? Did populations become more adaptable as a result of using, self coding, and transmitting this non-genetic information which is as subject to natural selection as the people who carry it?

This virtual evolution can presumably explore modes of behavior ahead of what gets hard-coded into genetics. It could be a way to lead genetic selection, making it less random and more purposeful.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2020, 07:06:09 pm »
Vision is language. It can describe any machine you want.

More data = smarter decisions, all AI algorithms work that way.

Storing media to floppys etc allows us to design our own bodies and tools ourselves instead of random-ish processes.

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
Today at 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

285 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 343. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles