yotamarker

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
  • battle programmer
    • battle programming
the main hindrances to AI
« on: April 29, 2021, 10:42:39 pm »
poor documentation and SEO poisoning

• people just don't know how to make a simple usable walkthrough they feel this need to make a fluffed out lengthy document
    with bullet points all over.
  • many would write about some code that it's open source but in reality it isn't, like open cv for example, where is the actual source code has anyone seen it ?
  • fake tutorials, plain fake edited tutorials the vast majority of which come from india, combained with SEO poisoning to silence other working tutorials people need. india is a massive exporter of scams and spam
  • many AI tutorials require a long array of download and install all sorts of bizzaro files, which renders your project unstable

people need to write simple walkthroughs :
a good descriptive title
a very short description
a step by step of the setup, including actual source codes with a mention of the IDE or programming language used

WriterOfMinds

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • WriterOfMinds Blog
Re: the main hindrances to AI
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2021, 10:50:03 pm »
The OpenCV source code appears to be right here: https://github.com/opencv/opencv

Drill down through the folder hierarchy and eventually you will find actual .cpp files that can be opened and read.

MagnusWootton

• Replicant
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2021, 11:34:41 am »
Whats SEO stand for?

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2021, 12:48:41 pm »
Whats SEO stand for?

It is Search Engine Optimization. Manner in which you write HTML affects your position in search engines like Google Search. There is a whole bunch of rules on how to get better position. Search engine more or less successfully fight with rule abusing. If your site gets on the black list, it gets expelled out of search results.

MagnusWootton

• Replicant
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2021, 01:36:37 pm »
Whats SEO stand for?

It is Search Engine Optimization. Manner in which you write HTML affects your position in search engines like Google Search. There is a whole bunch of rules on how to get better position. Search engine more or less successfully fight with rule abusing. If your site gets on the black list, it gets expelled out of search results.

Ha thats funny.   I think god has the last word about whos sites get views and whos dont.   I gave up on internet fame ages ago, who cares just gets u into trouble anyway.

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2021, 01:58:03 pm »
Whats SEO stand for?

Ha thats funny.   I think god has the last word about whos sites get views and whos dont.   I gave up on internet fame ages ago, who cares just gets u into trouble anyway.

Hehe, it is all quantum mechanics.

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2021, 02:07:15 pm »
@yotamarker

The most of projects assume a certain amount of pre-knowledge required to follow documentation. A good documentation will provide links where you may inform yourself about knowledge you still don't understand. I mostly get away with googling phrases and quickly skimming mostly on Wikipedia. I fastly fill my browser bar with a dozen of html pages which I slowly digest days after. It is not only about individual documentation. It is also about amount of time you are prepared to invest to fully understand the documentation.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2021, 03:28:04 pm »
It really is hogwash, papers are the best example of why AGI looks so hard, they make AI hard for others to understand on purpose! Or they aren't trying.

I will reach state of the art in the near future and will stop this nonesenses by explaining how my state of the art AI works in just ~300 words. The algorithm or better put the 'complete (detailed) idea' that runs "GPT-2" is very very simple, it does not need to take months to understand for a complete beginner!!

These papers upon papers are not needed, it is much extra information, and in a poorly readable form.

Mom: Window place, calling them. Why don't these people tell you these things? Fixing this was easy.
Me: Because they need to make it their job so only they can do it for you.
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

MagnusWootton

• Replicant
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2021, 04:26:28 pm »
Yep.   quantum computing could be fully functional already and no-one has any idea about it.   The videos are very poor,   I thought I saw on a vid that they can crack RSA keys with only squared polynomial cost. (Which IS FULLY FUNCTIONAL! quantum)   But then he mentions after the cost he says its not good enough,  just to throw u off course watching the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy93LMGQbpo&t=2347s

But if we do have exponential computing power,  where is it?!?!?  U cant see it anywhere...  so how could it be here already.

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2021, 04:52:02 pm »
There are already available cloud quantum computing services like IBM and others: https://quantum-computing.ibm.com/

But quantum computing is still very abstract to me. I tried some Microsoft quick ten-pages-tutorial (the quality of tutorial should be guaranteed), but didn't have a patience to question every word, and what happened? I understood nothing. Google Search says that it takes 6-18 months to learn quantum computing.

But I guess that quantum language is analogous to today's assembler. Maybe I should dive deeper into those probabilistic and vector math details, or maybe I should wait for higher-level quantum programming languages.

But if you think about it, the whole mathematics once has been very abstract until it started to be learnt in schools. Maybe something similar would happen with quantum technology, kids will start learning it maybe like in the first year high school. As I see it, we dinosaurs will have to adapt or die in ignorance.

I just hope that time will filtrate quality documentation on quantum computing, but I guess it has to be soon, before quantum mass-entry breach. Although mass-entry breach wouldn't be possible without quality documentation. Now is interesting time regarding to computing, analogous to what happened in 1960's-70's with personal computers.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 05:16:13 pm by ivan.moony »

MagnusWootton

• Replicant
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2021, 05:21:50 pm »
I dont know how it works exactly,  it requires knowledge of physics akin to nuclear weapons and power,   but when they tell you its not about trying all possibilities at once, that is actually a lie.   

The qbits in a superposition will look at all possible answers at once, and the logic that goes into the quantum programming is actually the computers mechanism for picking which one is the correct answer to the problem.

You can make a probablistic "quantum" computer with an ordinary computer,  but it will take an ice age to fluke eventually hitting the state thats the answer to the question.

If u could get all answers at once,    this is what makes the harry potter come true,     amazing graphics, animation, 3d video.  all improved,  really is a mini revolution if you got it working.

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
  • Humans will disappoint you.
    • Home Page
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2021, 12:15:04 am »
Everything cometh to they who waiteth,
so long as they who waiteth,
worketh like hell while they waiteth.

yotamarker

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
  • battle programmer
    • battle programming
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2021, 12:31:54 am »

I think luck is also a massive factor

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
    • Home Page
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2021, 12:42:24 am »

I think luck is also a massive factor

Yes it is, absolutely. Someone is always going to get rich with that next big thing, or make that amazing scientific discovery, and exactly who it will be really does come down to luck. However, if you don't work hard then you have no chance at all.

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
    • Home Page
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2021, 12:52:28 am »

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
March 28, 2024, 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

308 Guests, 1 User
Users active in past 15 minutes:
WriterOfMinds
[Trusty Member]

Most Online Today: 363. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles