what if its all an illusion

• 5 Replies

MagnusWootton

• Replicant
what if its all an illusion
« on: January 25, 2022, 05:11:32 pm »
We look to the stars and we see nothing there, ACCORDING TO WHAT WE ARE TOLD.

You see whats on TV, and u take it for granted thats whats happening.  AND COVID SEEMS LIKE BULLSHIT TO ME.

So,  what if thats not where the bullshit stops!

What if technology has been completed AEONS ago,   and theres nothing new about artificial people, and the disgusting things they use them for, which I am fully against,  not like some sikko's that have been passed and gone on this site.

And if thats the case, how special is intelligence really?   You could think that everything is competing with itself to breed, to be a part of the next generation.    But... what if its just bullshit again?   THAT DNA ITSELF IS ALSO A BULLSHIT ARTIST!!!!

If we have AGI already in secret,   in a form of savage efficiency, it can destroy us.   But what if intelligence has nothing to do with competition!
Its about actually being alive, and everything looking after each other as best they can instead.  (But what about the poor antelopes in africa...   bad news there my friends.  the lions eat them every single day.)

We actually have souls,  and I think a soul is apart *from* intelligence,  intelligence can happen without it.     So why do we have souls,  cause nothing would even happen without them for one thing.

So what if the stars around the earth, are an illusion, which stops us from seeing the infinite space fleet,  all robots + crazy amounts of OVER-POPULATION of WHITE PEOPLE.

You need more of your own kind anyone?  The answer for the non-patriotic man, is No.

frankinstien

• Replicant
    • Knowledgeable Machines
Re: what if its all an illusion
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2022, 06:38:57 pm »
What if the soul and taking care of others is bull as well?  :o

WriterOfMinds

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • WriterOfMinds Blog
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2022, 06:52:18 pm »
If everything is an illusion, then you know nothing about anything. If the sky is fake then you don't know there's a space fleet behind it; there could just as easily be literally anything else. You can't make any predictions and none of your decisions are valid. Your intelligence becomes useless.

But if most things are not illusions and you can trust the general information you receive about the world, then your decisions matter. So you might as well live on the assumption that is true. If you're wrong it won't make anything worse, and if you're right, it will help a great deal. Hence the awareness that we might theoretically be living in a simulation or an illusion or whatever, should not end up changing our behavior one iota.

In other words, this is a very unproductive question ... unless you have serious evidence for a specific deception. "What if" and "seems like BS to me" are not evidence.

And I shouldn't have to say this, but there is no such thing as "overpopulation" of one color or another among humans. It's a meaningless variable unless you are, say, a moth trying to camouflage yourself against a tree trunk. I'm not a moth, and I don't care.

MagnusWootton

• Replicant
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2022, 08:38:57 pm »
You guys understand me.

I mean soul as in consciousness.  intelligence doesnt require it, for all behaviour.   We have it as a useless appendage, that isnt important.  who needs a witness/observer,   doesnt stop anything from happening as it should.

I see evolution as crap, for good or for bad.   were here to make friends with each other, not compete.   I know it seems to be contradicted in the form of the carnivore,  that I cannot explain to this date.

Like u said, writer of minds->
Without anything factual to manipulate, intelligence becomes useless.  its like the other player is cheating in chess, and the laws of the chess game's "physics" is being broken.  and now its impossible to win,  and now a complete moron can beat u at the game!

frankinstien

• Replicant
    • Knowledgeable Machines
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2022, 12:15:12 am »
If everything is an illusion, then you know nothing about anything. If the sky is fake then you don't know there's a space fleet behind it; there could just as easily be literally anything else. You can't make any predictions and none of your decisions are valid. Your intelligence becomes useless.

If this were a grand illusion or simulation, where I posted about something like this from a dream I had, we just might want to make things a bit more mellow. This would explain why we would want to be more civilized and less sensational in this simulation: Well I'll let the video below demonstrate what I'm talking about:

GTA

MagnusWootton

• Replicant
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2022, 12:46:44 am »
Im not up to that stage yet (about mellowing out), and I dont u are either, since we are trying to concoct a machine form of intelligence that will completely rock the world over, when it comes out.

Sensationalism, in its truest form.

Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 15, 2024, 08:14:02 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

283 Guests, 1 User
Users active in past 15 minutes:
squarebear
[Trusty Member]

Most Online Today: 312. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles