36 possible aliens in our galaxy now. But wait!

• 20 Replies

8pla.net

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • TV News. Pub. UAL (PhD). Robitron Mod. LPC Judge.
    • 8pla.net
Re: 36 possible aliens in our galaxy now. But wait!
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2020, 07:33:33 am »
How A.I. is searching for Aliens | The Age of A.I.

15 Jan 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwtC_4t2g5M

Just saying, anyone reading this, not into aliens,
should watch this video.  It features real androids
that look amazing.  The whole video is quite good,
featuring telescopes enhanced with A.I. to search
for life in distant galaxies.
My Very Enormous Monster Just Stopped Using Nine

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
  • Humans will disappoint you.
    • Home Page
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2020, 10:08:13 am »
Just saying, anyone reading this, not into aliens, should watch this video.  It features real androids that look amazing.  The whole video is quite good, featuring telescopes enhanced with A.I. to search for life in distant galaxies.

Quite right @8pla.net that was excellent. It was a very good presentation and had some of the best "synths" that I've seen yet. It provided a lot to think about.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2020, 10:24:55 am »
Really exciting video 8pla. The robot was great. They break it down into the body look, motion, emotion, teaching it knowledge and skills, intelligence algorithm, and consciousness. The only one we currently can't ace no matter how much money is poured into it is the intelligence/ consciousness, but we are quite close actually and I think if we poured all our money into it we could get it within 10 years! But that's if everyone cooperates nicely and works hard.... As for the consciousness part they mention is harder or more important, hmm, it's all about automating all labor/ discovery processes, the consciousness part may feel like an extra aware part because it has a desire and can get around all sorts of things in the way. If one would finally ignore the face, facial movements, body, and focus on just what the brain is thinking or saying visually/ auditorily, you'd see that we are just saying specific data and collecting specific data, data that either makes you happy/survive longer or improves your predictive ability. All we do is collect data, be it learning or desires.
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Colossus
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2020, 04:32:20 pm »
I was glad to see this video posted here as well.

I certainly believe that we have a far better chance of creating intelligent life here than we do of finding it elsewhere in space!

While I'm not saying that intelligent life doesn't exist elsewhere in space for I certainly hold that supposition, I think there are far too many supportive planets that are simply too distant from us to ever meet.

Regarding SETI, I was collecting and transmitting collected data to them for many years since 1989. I would leave my computer on 24/7 as did a close friend of mine. It was satisfying to believe that we were doing our part to contribute if even in some small way.
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
  • Humans will disappoint you.
    • Home Page
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2020, 11:01:09 pm »
@Art

I was taking part in SETI@home for a little while too but I had to stop because I needed too much of my limited computing resources for my own work.

For what it's worth, I have no interest in meeting aliens. I think a lot of people are so fascinated with UFOs because they're hoping they will come and save us from ourselves, or at least change the status quo. Even if that happened, I doubt any changes would be in their favor anyway. They will still be losers no matter who is in charge. (There are a lot of people fascinated with artificial intelligence for the same reason.)

My interest, and the reason that I occasionally post articles about them here on the rare occasions when I do find something that is actually credible, is that because of the time and distances involved any intelligence of extra-terrestrial origin that we encounter on our own planet is probably artificial intelligence

manases

• Bumblebee
  • So many hopes so many possibilities but the pain..
    • https://full-moon-report.com/
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2020, 10:39:35 am »
I made the calculations Drake (and other theories) to Universe.
I still need to double-check them but they look ok-ish.
I mean - the numbers are huge anyway which leaves us with only one conclusion.

If life happens by an evolutionary process - a combination of chemicals, those chances have to follow the probabilistic theories.
According to our latest scientific theories, chances are astronomically high that we are not alone!

https://full-moon-report.com/aliens

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
March 28, 2024, 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

276 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 363. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles