How to build rapport with the person you're talking to.

• 7 Replies

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
How to build rapport with the person you're talking to.
« on: August 27, 2016, 12:29:50 am »
Charisma On Command teaches you how to. You can read his video titles and watch one below.

https://www.youtube.com/user/charismaoncommand/videos

Welcoming people and adding a touch of "just kidding" will make everyone love you. Though there's more to it then just that. It gets deeper.
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

kei10

• It's a honor to meet everyone!
  • Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • Just kidding.
Re: How to build rapport with the person you're talking to.
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 01:37:26 am »
Oh, a thread about me. That's very interesting video, thanks for the heads up.

Verbal Rapport
Apparently, I am not sure I am using this rapport stuff -- perhaps not face-to-face-style. Since I have extreme social anxiety, face-to-face conversation is impossible for me if there were more than one people nearby. So I guess I manage to build up my ways to make sure I do not speak wrongly over the years of using only text conversation.

Text Rapport
To learn to have this rapport thing in text style, or just simply to avoid getting pretty much any trouble or possibly misunderstanding -- remain a calm stance in front of everyone within any text conversation is easy, one have to speak gently, lengthen the words, gather enough information to make them rather convincing, make them interesting, make them easy to read, never use fully capitalized words unless necessary, manage attitude towards the one conversing with, and most importantly, avoid any kind of possible confusion and elaborate every related points as much as possible, make sure the grammar is properly written, never rush, never use slangs or abbreviations that could anger someone due uncertainty that forces someone to look up unnecessary information through unnecessary steps, never type broken words such "hey u, comere boi", follow the speaker's common sense rather than oneself, and make sure the idea between the speaker and oneself is in sync.

All of these is just to avoid building up negativity between the speakers.

Inner and outer self personality
What's more important is that the way one speak one easily shape one's outer-self, but your inner-self is hidden away, and it is impossible to know exactly, because it changes randomly by many environmental factors. Due to that, it is best to not converse by using your inner-self, but rather, hide your darkness, and create a respected personality that does not have any particular negative aspect that could deemed potentially harmful, or this rapport thing.

However, shaping the outer-self also requires one to involve their own inner-self. With a bit of psychology thinking, it's easy to judge that the way I, myself, speak like this, just like you said, it feels like I am a sly person, doesn't it? Since I manage my stance strongly, it's quite easy to think that I am a villain behind my mask. Whilst your outer-self revealed that your inner-self speaks for you being too self righteous.

However, all of these can't be really considered true, yet neither false, it's unknown as there is no way to actually know that, what we're doing is just judging by its appearance. Of course, judging isn't a bad thing, it helps others to realize their mistakes that they're doing.

Inner-self and trustworthy
If one's outer-self is broken, it can easily harm one's stature regardless, and undoing that damage can take time, and possibly be impossible, there is no true way to know if one's stature damaged has been mended. Even if others say "You're forgiven", it's nothing more than words.

To actually proof that, one have to "act", it has to be shown verbally -- in any possible way. For example, well I am not arguing with you now, am I?

Even revealing one's outer-self, and/or inner-self to the others needs to be proven through verbally as well. Doing so will gain trust from the others, that oneself is not lying about oneself's real personality. It will only cause nothing more than trouble, if it's a lie, and definitely don't reveal inner-self that is commonly hated. Perhaps a slow approach, that may avoid sudden any sudden over-unconvincingness.

A good personality, and common sense
By common sense, human's instincts are always towards peace. What one needs to do, is to manage this peaceful personality of oneself, to avoid conflict, and resolves any situation through rational decisions. Well, unless anger decided to yank it away, that, can be bad.

Edit: Just kidding
Oh, as for the just kidding part, it is very important as well. Because when you make a joke in front of someone, there are people that are unable to differentiate between what is real, and what is not. Sarcasm and irony can be extremely harmful if it is not properly spoken, and confusion can occur as well. The confusion part can be countered by revealing that it is a joke by the end.

However, that doesn't mean that harmful jokes can be just ended by "Just kidding". Leaving an apology, is the utmost important endpoint.

Now, I said all these to piss you off. :D Ha!
No, no, I was just kidding... Sorry.

Where did I learn?
It is entirely experience that has been built-up over the years with only text-conversation. Edit 4: I'm sure many of us do or have experience of this.
Since I have social anxiety, and certain mentality illness, it is very important to ensure that any trouble has to be avoided.

Edit 3: Ah, wait, some of my points seems broken... Hmm... Never mind.

Edit 5: Too long, didn't read; I guess to sum up, just be positive? Positive words, positive behavior, and all that, like stop doing things that can get oneself being hated, or getting into trouble.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 03:39:02 am by kei10 »
Greetings, signature.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2016, 03:16:18 am »
You expect someone as busy as me to actually read all that? I know about Charisma, but I can't read anything more of the topic.

Just use tones of charisma when exposed, you can't win here now, give up! Join me! :P

@yotamarker, since you've watched Bleach, I feel kei10 is like that blonde haired sly guy (the group is called somethin bringers?) He levitates down on  roof with his coat/jacket on, young, smart, and this charisma/rapport like look..........

He may be good hearted...

You use it when u have a plan and want something, ex. ur AI to be built.....

kei10

• It's a honor to meet everyone!
  • Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • Just kidding.
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2016, 03:32:27 am »
B-But... but.... ...

(Sorry for using meme)
Greetings, signature.

Data

• Eve
  • Overclocked // Undervolted
    • Datahopa - Share your thoughts ideas and creations
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2016, 03:31:01 pm »
You expect someone as busy as me to actually read all that?

Seeing as you started the topic it would be common curtesy to at least read the replies your fellow members posted.

I respectfully remind you "The King" that this topic is named:

"How to build rapport with the person you're talking to"

keghn

• Trusty Member
  • Terminator
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2016, 06:37:20 pm »
 If you looking for a girl friend, you select two or more that you really like. Then take the first one shows interest., Never one.

People who you want to be friends with, you select 2 or more that you would like to be friends with. The one that come
through you build a lasting friendship. Never one.

Only machine, toys, pet animal, and computer programs are to be fixed and focused on one at time.

When i make my AGI Robots i will make 2 or more with different internal main settings . The ones that
mature into perfection, i will clone two or more million of them.

It is a market economy you only shop around for perfection or some one who can give you the best service to
fix your car.

When my AGI robot become independent they will not be able to heal like organics and will have shop around for parts and
augmentations in a robo, human market economy.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2016, 10:46:41 pm »
I don't think they'll be shopping around like us keghn heh he...you don't realize what will happen do you.

Who says you can't be friends/lovers with two animals yet human animal whaaaaaaaa
I have two pcs in my room right this very moment.
In Utopia I will have hundreds of girls and new attractions, while even I am a girl/other and they install girl attractions so will love eachother obviously~

Well kei edited it, it was just something long and simple, it's only charisma after all...

Also charisma doesn't affect me, I don't care about any emotion or smiles in a conversation. I'm like a hemorrhaging juggernaut, scary! Ok so I'm a white cat, but, I'm mickey the mouse too.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 11:53:03 pm by The King »

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2016, 10:37:27 pm »
EDIT: Also as you can see I don't have time to figure out how to play with your head just right, I'm not using the technique on you. I'm true and honest too.

Open AI GPT-4o - audio, vision, text combined reasoning
by MikeB (AI News )
May 14, 2024, 05:46:48 am
AI controlled F-16, for real!
by frankinstien (AI News )
May 04, 2024, 01:04:11 am
OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 31, 2024, 01:00:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm

Users Online

349 Guests, 1 User
Users active in past 15 minutes:
ivan.moony
[Trusty Member]

Most Online Today: 349. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles