after life

• 9 Replies

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
after life
« on: March 12, 2015, 08:20:22 pm »
I had a chili for the lunch, so don't be surprised...

What happens to us when we die, did you ever think about it?

Maybe we become plants. Think about it, the theory is sustainable. There is a lot more plants in the world than animals, so there is a space for such an reincarnation. And what happens to plants? They could turn into un-alive matter, like Tesla believed that every system in the Universe, including atoms has its own consciousness.

So how the first life on the Earth started? Maybe something triggered forming higher order constructs (plants) from un-alive matter. Maybe there were several attempts of this forming until it reached a jump to animal kind.

If un-living matter is zeroth order construct, plants are first order constructs and animals are second order constructs, what is the third order construct? Even if you disregard this nonsense theory of after life, it would be reasonable to ask ourselves: are there a life forms that relate to animals like animals relate to plants (and plants relate to nonliving matter, to be consistent. And what is under nonliving matter? Is this some kind of infinite fractal from minus infinity to plus infinity. Then where is the zero? Can you even see a minus from plus point? Are we at plus or at minus?)

It must be that chili :)

Ultron

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • There are no strings on me.
Re: after life
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 11:08:57 pm »
The philosophical aspect of this topic is too deep to discuss on a forum board, so I will jump into the scientific aspect...

Turning into a plant when you die: https://urnabios.com/

The most widely accepted theory about how organic matter and therefore living organisms came to be is something like the following:

In the beginning, the Earth had very... Un-earthly weather... This means there were frequent volcano eruptions, weather changes, strong rains and all this diversity mixed together created unique conditions under which the creation of organic molecules was possible. This was in fact proved possible by an experiment (see [1] ). Also there was recent evidence of similar molecules on an asteroid or comet, if I am not mistaken... Sorry, I have trouble memorizing weird names of astronomical objects.

After the creation of these molecules, evolutionary logic takes over... Simple organisms, structures and bio-neural commands start growing in complexity as a result of the constant natural strive to 'survive' and 'improve' - this can be witnessed in non-living systems as well, such as the universe or Earth...

This is about as deep as I am willing to go in a forum post... Unless I find myself in a 24-hour interview, I doubt I will ever discuss these theories of mine. Well, this is really a combination and logical conclusion upon multiple theories from various fields in science - A.I. , biology, physics, astronomy, computer science etc. You can find them all if you read carefully.

[1] - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miller%E2%80%93Urey_experiment
Software and Hardware developer, and everything in between.

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Colossus
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 12:11:20 am »
I didn't think the question was about some theories of evolution....(if one believes that).

A couple schools of thought:

You die...no life...dead...a bag of bones basically. If you do believe in a soul and afterlife then that soul is gone and that body in the hole is useless.

Graveyards are for the living! It makes them feel good to visit these dead people. These dead folks really don't care if you visit or not!

Saving tens of thousands of acres of otherwise unusable land which would have been cemeteries can now be used as productive farmland if:

People could be processed into viable food products much like in the movie Soylent Green! Made sense in an otherwise starving world.

People could be Shredded or mulched like wood and tree bark, along with other vegetable products to compost and fertilize acres of crops!
This way, each person could actually "Give back" once their life was over!! Kind of like the ultimate Open Source venture!!

Once non-biological intelligence takes over, people will once again become extinct as the AI will have no real need for humans.
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

8pla.net

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • TV News. Pub. UAL (PhD). Robitron Mod. LPC Judge.
    • 8pla.net
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 01:38:39 am »
After life animals become mineral nutrients to plants by means of decomposers.
My Very Enormous Monster Just Stopped Using Nine

Ultron

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • There are no strings on me.
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 02:16:42 pm »
I believe strongly in evolution - and I also believe in parts of the religious stories regarding the creation of humans... Not to mention I also consider us being descendants from an ancient alien species (not so alien all of a sudden, eh?). I believe all of these stories and theories go much deeper and must have been inspired by something.

As far as biological evolution goes, I believe in it's technical aspect - it makes a lot of sense and also explains a lot of 'things' and aspects of our bodies and life we are usually not taught about. I will not go further into that but as an example take 'muscle memory' and the popular science joke "After a few billion years, hydrogen atoms begin to wonder about themselves...".

However, this means that I could also accept that our organic origin comes from a comet or other planet... I won't dive into religious texts but one could easily see the science behind the "God took a piece of dust and from it made man. From that man's ribs he...", if not - check out the video I posted previously experimentally proving the origin of organic molecules on Earth.

Art strongly believes we are nothing but decaying organic matter after we die - who is to say that part of our surviving neurons don't instinctively group together and form some microorganisms? Of course your conscience will be far from 'in tact' as well as your memories - but part of you is in fact, technically still alive.

Why would I say this? Many cells, organs and biological microsystems function completely or partially independent. While still working in correlation with the brain and other parts of our body they are still a fraction of it working on a unique task. This also works on smaller scales - tissues, cells etc. So, why wouldn't it be possible that some of these cells contain enough energy and information (or as a natural consequence) to develop a new organism or microbiological system?
Software and Hardware developer, and everything in between.

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 04:57:09 pm »
What if plants are higher order life forms than animals? Like animals are bounded to pain-pleasure framework and plants are bounded only to pleasure framework which is why they are developing slower than animals?

8pla.net

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • TV News. Pub. UAL (PhD). Robitron Mod. LPC Judge.
    • 8pla.net
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2015, 05:30:51 pm »
What if plants are higher order life forms than animals?

There are trees over four thousand years old.  The oldest known tree is nearly five thousand years old.
My Very Enormous Monster Just Stopped Using Nine

ranch vermin

• Not much time left.
  • Terminator
  • Its nearly time!
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2015, 05:47:39 pm »
I loved what utron said,  the microorganism thing. :)

Explaining intelligence could be the key to knowing where you go when you die,  but I cant,  but it might not be,  but theres a chance.

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2015, 07:29:09 pm »
Maybe all cells we are consisted of are living organisms (with their consciousness) on their own? Like we are autonomous organisms of a larger set of all organisms of Mother Earth.

Edit:
I imagined a fractal on which one end is un-alive matter and on the other end is a God, a higher force or whatever you call it. And we float somewhere in between.

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Colossus
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2015, 03:07:28 am »
One can make all the conjecture they want regarding what lies beyond life, as we know it. You will never know until you cross that threshold yourself.

Two things a man (person) must do alone...Putt and Die! O0
#####################

Read my earlier quote:

You die...no life...dead...a bag of bones basically. If you do believe in a soul and afterlife then that soul is gone and that body in the hole is useless.
#####################
My point was that your soul is not in that grave / hole in the ground...it is gone to where ever souls or spirits or memes or collective consciousness of individual(s) go and wait for the alleged second coming.

Whatever some microbial organisms do with the remains of that carcass or bones is entirely up to them and has nothing to do with the body evolving something from nothing...creating life where there is none.
After death, there is no auto-genesis within that body! Only worms, decaying matter, bacteria, maggots and other assorted minutiae. The rest, as they say, is history.

#####################

Moving on...some things can and do evolve but slightly and slowly over time, not over night!

If you think I think we crawled onto land from a mass of protoglobules (made up word) from the oceans then crawled and eventually walked (albeit knuckle dragging for thousands of years), then think again...because I don't think like that!

I sort of combine my thoughts with regard to higher life forms, (in the Bible, he said, "Let US make man in OUR image and after OUR likeness"...)...later in the commandments, "Thou shalt have NO OTHER GODS before me! Because I am a jealous God!" hmmm...what to think.

Other writings on hieroglyphs indicate that Earth was visited before by beings not from here.

Look at the Pyramids...not to mention their massive size, but also the fact that they have been found on different continents and locations around the world! What...did these people all get the similar idea at the same time or did they get help or inspiration from somewhere else?

################
At one time I thought plants had strange abilities when I was introduced to Kirlian Photography back in the 60's. (look it up). I guess it turns out I was duped like many others. I do know that plants do seem to respond more favorably when cared for in a kind, nurturing manner. Some people even talk to their plants encouraging their growth and overall well being. (don't laugh).

Some farmers actually play soft, classical music for animals like cows and chickens. The farmers say it helps with overall production of milk and eggs, not to mention happier animals!
################

So to end, From the group, Blood, Sweat and Tears - "And When I Die" lyric excerpt:

Now troubles are many, they're as deep as a well
I can swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell
Swear there ain't no heaven and I pray there ain't no hell
But I'll never know by living, only my dying will tell.

In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by spydaz (AI News )
August 24, 2024, 02:58:36 pm
ollama and llama3
by spydaz (AI News )
August 24, 2024, 02:55:13 pm
AI controlled F-16, for real!
by frankinstien (AI News )
June 15, 2024, 05:40:28 am
Open AI GPT-4o - audio, vision, text combined reasoning
by MikeB (AI News )
May 14, 2024, 05:46:48 am
OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 31, 2024, 01:00:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am

Users Online

476 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 474. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles