Artificial Womb

• 30 Replies

frankinstien

• Replicant
    • Knowledgeable Machines
Artificial Womb
« on: July 10, 2020, 02:47:34 am »
Here's a video of a real artificial womb, it depicts a lamb fetus actually developing in the device:

Artificial Womb

silent one

• Nomad
Re: Artificial Womb
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2020, 06:15:41 am »
 >:(

I hate biotech.  Gives me the creeps.

frankinstien

• Replicant
    • Knowledgeable Machines
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2020, 06:31:24 am »

Thankfully medical science doesn't depend on you... :2funny:

frankinstien

• Replicant
    • Knowledgeable Machines
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2020, 06:45:10 am »
Actually, there have been earlier attempts by the Japanese to develop an artificial womb in the 90s.

Video

silent one

• Nomad
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2020, 11:31:59 am »

Thankfully medical science doesn't depend on you... :2funny:

You don't have to make animals suffer to advance mankind's medicine

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Colossus
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2020, 12:59:07 pm »
This wasn't about making animals suffer, this was about the future of saving human lives!
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

silent one

• Nomad
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2020, 04:23:19 pm »
This wasn't about making animals suffer, this was about the future of saving human lives!

Seems like the main outcome of this event to me, sorry.
But I know yes,  we eat meat too,  but that doesn't mean im into eating cats and dogs, like Chinese people do in their country.

Art

• Colossus
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2020, 04:53:01 pm »
Again...This was about pioneering advancements in possible life-saving techniques for dealing with premature births and other neonatal conditions, NOT about whether we choose to eat meat or not.

Please don't stir the pot of discontent when there clearly isn't any.

WriterOfMinds

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • WriterOfMinds Blog
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2020, 05:22:17 pm »
I think Silent One is pointing out that there's a chance they killed a bunch of lambs in the process of figuring this out.

Notice the line in the video, "Autopsies later showed that their organs also developed properly."  Yeeeaaaah. They didn't bring these little guys to term and let them live normal lives in the pasture. Probably killed them and cut them up as soon as the experiment was over. I also have to wonder whether they were naturally premature, or if they induced some ewes to give birth early to make sure they got enough specimens. And was this relatively successful experiment the first one, or were there early attempts in which the lambs slowly died because the womb conditions weren't right ...

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2020, 05:47:03 pm »
"Violence starts at our plate."

- Albert Einstein -

That being said, who will be taken seriously on complains? I'm afraid we can do exactly nothing about the above abuse. Humanity has to grow up on its own, we can only wait.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 06:27:43 pm by ivan.moony »

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2020, 06:03:54 pm »
Keghn likes to say there is many "clones" on forums. I've been noticing this myself lol. One example: AI beginners are often similar.

It is pretty interesting frankinstien has posted lots that could pass as me, the robot arms, womb, bonobo monkeys, dolls, evolutionary cells, techno, the raw truth that animals still eat each other alive, etc are all the same things I have researched into a bit.
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

frankinstien

• Replicant
    • Knowledgeable Machines
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2020, 06:28:22 pm »
I think Silent One is pointing out that there's a chance they killed a bunch of lambs in the process of figuring this out.

Notice the line in the video, "Autopsies later showed that their organs also developed properly."  Yeeeaaaah. They didn't bring these little guys to term and let them live normal lives in the pasture. Probably killed them and cut them up as soon as the experiment was over. I also have to wonder whether they were naturally premature, or if they induced some ewes to give birth early to make sure they got enough specimens. And was this relatively successful experiment the first one, or were there early attempts in which the lambs slowly died because the womb conditions weren't right ...

How many dogs died to develop the surgical techniques to operate on the human heart? Without such research, human beings would be dying today. So without other technology to evaluate tissue health and formation dissection was the best means. The only real ethical question should be were the lambs put down humanely?

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2020, 06:42:38 pm »
The lambs were going to die either way with such short lives of 11 years. Once they die, they are gone forever. There's no memory of pain left over. Doing tests (cryonics, implants, mutants, etc) on animals can help humans live much longer than what we're used to.

One may complain that the universe starts over again, so if we don't stop pain, we'll go through the same life again. Like a movie replay. Well, it's already happened to poor lambs and humans. I don't know, I'm confused even myself. If we're all just machines, then, none it matters, testing on them help us progress to the Darwinian survival in evolution final result - the most advanced planet made of regenerative nanobots.
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2020, 08:13:46 pm »
WOM, sorry if I brought you down by my comment... I see sh*t around me, but I have to stay sane... I have a system, I do it by inducing the guilt on myself, but there's no need to transfer the blame on others who can actually handle the sh*t... I'm sorry again... :-[

I have to remember that fighters like you are what makes the world spinning forwards.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 09:10:33 pm by ivan.moony »

Art

• Colossus
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2020, 09:20:14 pm »
While I ascribe to no particular religion, I was brought up in a religious home and was taught the teachings of/in the Christian Bible.
of which are some that come to mind:

You do not have to like them or accept them but these are not my words so do not take issue with me. These words are credited to someone else.

Genesis 1:26
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Genesis 9:3
Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

Leviticus 11:9
These you may eat of all that are in the water: whatever in the water has fins and scales, whether in the seas or in the rivers—that you may eat.

Deuteronomy 14:7
However, of those that chew the cud or that have a divided hoof you may not eat the camel, the rabbit or the hyrax. Although they chew the cud, they do not have a divided hoof; they are ceremonially unclean for you.

Deuteronomy 14:21
Do not eat anything you find already dead...
===================================

Goodbye!

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
Today at 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

304 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 346. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles