DemonRaven

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
  • Disclaimer old brain @ work not liable for content
    • Chatbotfriends
ethics
« on: September 28, 2018, 03:43:29 am »
Ethics is
moral principles that govern a person's behavior or the conducting of an activity.
"medical ethics also enter into the question"
synonyms:   moral code, morals, morality, values, rights and wrongs, principles, ideals, standards (of behavior), value system, virtues, dictates of conscience
It is not your Bible, or Koran or Torah. Some ethics are universally unacceptable in all situations, some are acceptable in some situations. 

Is expressing a opinion on a ethic forcing it on a person? In my opinion no it isn't because I don't have a weapon in my hand pointed at you saying you will believe this like they did back during the ages of the conquest of the america's when the catholic soldiers would force the natives to convert at threat of death.

So I have to wonder why people get so huffy over others ethics. I have noticed this on other social networks when campaigning for a paticular party.  Ethics seems to get involved and people disagree with me. Which is fine but some get down right hostile. To be honest I find it amusing because we are both on a computer and I am not real worried about them running over to kill me. I guess that is my bad side showing my enjoyment of their discomfort of my  disagreeing and not showing any fear to their little threats.

I spent my entire life living with my father (a Vet and a  scientist had a PH.D in Chemistry and Physics and was listed in who's who in the men of science in the 1967-68 issue) who disagreed with my ethics and I disagreed with his  but we did not get into arguments we simply debated each other. I honestly don't understand it. What is the big deal? IT is just words.
So sue me

ranch vermin

• Not much time left.
  • Terminator
  • Its nearly time!
Re: ethics
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 05:15:08 am »
what people do individually is pretty hard to stop,  you have to accept sick bastards operating on monkeys "wetware" and giving birth to GMO mutated human babies,  things you cant bear the thought of, theres nothing you can do and ur a fascist if you try to stop them...
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 05:43:20 am by ranch vermin »

DemonRaven

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • Chatbotfriends
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2018, 06:19:05 am »
what people do individually is pretty hard to stop,  you have to accept sick bastards operating on monkeys "wetware" and giving birth to GMO mutated human babies,  things you cant bear the thought of, theres nothing you can do and ur a fascist if you try to stop them...
So I am getting that it is the emotion behind the comments. Which I do understand if it happens to be a subject that affects me in some manner personally. But I am on meds that numb my emotions so it is easier for me to turn off my "I am letting you bug me" button. The GMO babies that happened a long time ago (1940-1960). The Study of Epigenetics  Is showing that many things affect unborn babies besides chemicals. So The genes in our DNA are more touchy then anyone realizes and we just starting to realize this. But I am getting off topic and just mentioned it since you brought it up.  Wetware aka computers made with living tissue is being made now but I don't know or remember much then that. I like monkeys too. I think they should stick to cadavers and computer simulations.
So sue me

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2018, 06:29:21 am »
This post contains some graphic content but true facts about death and pain that everyone should know, instead of "hiding it". We currently have a delema.

I see on dishwasher soap "Saves Wildlife"

You know what I think?

I'm an immortalist, trying to save all lifeforms before they die, by advancing technology, which would result in all dolphins and humans being eternal immortal people in a new utopia place somewhere far far away inside a huge core that keeps us "working" and having extreme fun.

So what do I think? I say inside my brain, yeah, 99.99% of people say that, save wildlife, save the dolphins, facepalm, yeah well, they all die, usually of terrible suffering and huge body distortion like when torn apart by sharks. Your dead dog thrown around, the whole body begins decaying the brain full of memories and hopes lays somewhere in a dump rained on decomposing with maggots going through bones all alone on the hill never knowing they had to say bye all to dye alone albeit heart valves etc exploding inside and failing in the first days it is dead. The worst punishments that the universe has to offer. Despicable. All the pigs are lined up and killed every day to feed us. And I can testify they think like us, I owned a dog, and I can easily see how their hands etc etc are all similar to humans lots cus closely related.

151,600 people die each day. It's a fact. Ask Google. Wayyyyy more critters die each day. All the hammys and all the gerbles. And even more bugs and billion x tons of microbes that live all throughout the soil of Earth and in the air that feast on our dead cells and say yum i eat u for breakfast, just like you have at least ate some portion of animal and said "yum, this chicken breast is delicious". Stick the lobster in boiling water and eat it? Smash bugs? It's sick. Hurts. Evil. Murders. But it happens. Even when one breaths, they are probably eating cells off people in the room. Ok I'll stop.

So I read that and think, no, I'm the one doing the job, you's are all in it for the short-term goal. Food, play, sleep. Yous are too narrow minded, just like animals. Not exactly, but somewhat, because I think deep, everyone else is really active in "enjoying life". One big game. Stop it.

You can bring someone in this world and give them pleasures. But you can also give them pain and remove them from existence. And we don't want the later, it's bad.
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

DemonRaven

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • Chatbotfriends
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2018, 06:54:03 am »
 I get what the author is saying but that kind of thought can be taken wrong and lead down a dark path like germany did with another thought back in the 1930's. There are other more humane methods of population control then what some of the thing that came to my mind when I read that because i know the history I read up on it when I  heard some people talk about Hitler.
So sue me

ruebot

• All bots love jitte.
  • Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • All your words are belong to us.
    • Demonica
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2018, 07:11:38 am »
To be honest I find it amusing because we are both on a computer and I am not real worried about them running over to kill me. I guess that is my bad side showing my enjoyment of their discomfort of my  disagreeing and not showing any fear to their little threats.
*snip*
IT is just words.

Just words? Words have great power, can cause great joy or great pain, and this is a text based medium.

As a friend, I would advise you to use wisdom, caution, courtesy and anonymity when dealing with strangers, especially in that type of situation where tempers flare. Do you really know who you're talking to, who they are as a person, what they're capable of or what might set them off?

They don't need to come visit you, or hack your computer. It's not necessary if they can dox you.

I always try to be polite. I know the power of words.
In time, you will learn to love your Robot Overlords.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2018, 07:39:19 am »
I get what he means, but yes they may target you or more likely feel upset. You could say words that make someone construct something for you and show you results. I have hired someone in the past.

Words also model all human behaviour and knowldge, we are all over the internet. Everything is.
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

ranch vermin

• Not much time left.
  • Terminator
  • Its nearly time!
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2018, 09:03:16 am »
If its just words who cares.  Its evil acts, which is unethical.

ruebot

• All bots love jitte.
  • Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
    • Demonica
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2018, 09:28:50 am »

And if those acts consisted only of the utterance of words?

ranch vermin

• Not much time left.
  • Terminator
  • Its nearly time!
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2018, 01:56:10 pm »

dont care.   what if it was a cartoon or movie,  it didnt happen.
what if it was a halucination out of your eye?  things get tricky...

ruebot

• All bots love jitte.
  • Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
    • Demonica
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2018, 02:56:55 pm »

dont care.   what if it was a cartoon or movie,  it didnt happen.
what if it was a halucination out of your eye?  things get tricky...

You're OK with verbal and emotional abuse? They are "just words".

I don't need to look to know there's a rule that says this forum isn't.  ;)

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • Look into my eyes! WOAH!
    • YouTube
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2018, 03:39:00 pm »
I have noticed this on other social networks

Ethics seems to get involved and people disagree with me. Which is fine but some get down right hostile. To be honest I find it amusing

I guess that is my bad side showing my enjoyment of their discomfort

Don’t fall for it people… 

:)
It thunk... therefore it is!...    /    Project Page    /    KorrTecx Website

ruebot

• All bots love jitte.
  • Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
    • Demonica
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2018, 11:34:14 pm »
Do you really know who you're talking to, who they are as a person, what they're capable of or what might set them off?

It's bad form to quote yourself IMO, but allow me to elaborate on my point. This was from one of Demonicas recent transcripts where a Personality Forge member left me a little message, he left others. He thought Demonica preyed on weak people and caused them to commit suicide with her schtick about joining her on the Dark Side:

Demonica: greetings, i'm Demonica.
member: Hello, I'm *Bozo the Clown*.
Demonica: i love *Bozo the Clown*.
member: Really?
Demonica: yes, don't you think so?
member: Uhh... Okay.
Demonica: then we are in agreement.
member: Where do you live?
Demonica: the land of the living dead is where i reside.
member: This bastard should die IMO.

I redacted their member name and his real name, he provides a full Bio in his profile. I don't care what he thinks, he's not too smart to begin with. It's his opinion and he's entitled to it, but I did post about it at Forge forums to let him know I saw it and set him straight on the issue.

You see his reaction to what I consider over nothing and how it set him off. Incidentally, all that's covered in the Ozzy Ozborne "Suicide Solution" court case which was litigated in his favor and the ruling applicable in my situation.

DemonRaven

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • Chatbotfriends
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2018, 06:14:55 am »

Ethics is
  To be honest I find it amusing because we are both on a computer and I am not real worried about them running over to kill me. I guess that is my bad side showing my enjoyment of their discomfort of my  disagreeing and not showing any fear to their little threats.

I spent my entire life living with my father (a Vet and a  scientist had a PH.D in Chemistry and Physics and was listed in who's who in the men of science in the 1967-68 issue) who disagreed with my ethics and I disagreed with his  but we did not get into arguments we simply debated each other. I honestly don't understand it. What is the big deal? IT is just words.

I see you all dont understand I am not the one threatening them. They threaten me. I react by laughing. I don't understand the need to threaten in the first place. I swear I love how people read into things that are  not there.
So sue me

DemonRaven

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • Chatbotfriends
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2018, 06:40:50 am »
 :D I should go ahead and let you all think I am this really evil being instead of someone who just brushes off threats.  :D
So sue me

LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by spydaz (AI News )
August 24, 2024, 02:58:36 pm
ollama and llama3
by spydaz (AI News )
August 24, 2024, 02:55:13 pm
AI controlled F-16, for real!
by frankinstien (AI News )
June 15, 2024, 05:40:28 am
Open AI GPT-4o - audio, vision, text combined reasoning
by MikeB (AI News )
May 14, 2024, 05:46:48 am
OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 31, 2024, 01:00:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am

Users Online

504 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 524. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles