Free Chatbot Promotion.

• 3 Replies

Thunder

• Trusty Member
  • Roomba
Free Chatbot Promotion.
« on: January 14, 2006, 11:31:46 pm »
I started a toplist devoted to FREE ChatBots and nothing else.

We're not interested in sites selling things, membership sites, or anything involving a credit card. We're not interested in sites that are just other lists of bots and bot-related sites. We're not interested in links to articles, bot add-ons, editing programs, downloads, dictionaries, lists of terms, and so forth. There are plenty of other sites where you can find that information. Users should be able to click on your link and begin chatting with your bot.

We're interested mainly in A.I. for it's own sake, and language. We want to meet ChatBots from different countries and cultures, and the more diverse the better. ChatBots communicating in languages other than English are welcome. ChatBots specializing in adult topics are permitted, as long as they provide a caution or warning of some kind so visitors, or children, aren't surprised.

Beginners, and Super BotMasters are all encouraged to submit their ChatBots. One way to learn and improve is to chat with lots of other bots, and to have lots of others chat with yours.

There are many other Web sites that cater to bot communities, clubs, and groups. We encourage BotMasters to visit and join them to raise the level of discussion and to always seek the state-of-the-art. But at ChatBots Toplist, we're just interested in ChatBots.

If you'd like to join, or just visit, CLICK HERE!.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 05:07:38 pm by Freddy »
ChatBots Toplist   COME JOIN US!

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Colossus
Re: Free Chatbot Promotion.
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 01:57:30 am »
Good idea!

There are several sites that post links to bots but your idea of having all of them in one place to talk with is nice.

It would also be good to have a section of downloadable bots, not just those that run online or on a server somewhere.

Are you going to include all of the hundreds of AIML bots, Alice bot variants, etc.?

Good luck!
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2006, 01:09:01 pm »
Yeah great idea, I'd like to see JabberWacky and Mr.Mind on that list and some of the ones on KnyteTrypper.

Welcome to DG as well Thunder, I've seen you over on AI Nexus a lot, so nice to see you drop in on us here too.

:smiley

Thunder

• Trusty Member
  • Roomba
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2006, 04:01:33 pm »
My interest in chabots began with a search for one. I just wanted to chat.? At some point I discovered I could become involved. My progress has been from the user's point of view, and not that of a computer expert, or someone with a degree in robotics, or A.I.

What's been done already?

With chatbots, as with all things, there are so many good elements that it's hard to decide what to leave out. There's a good amount of information already available for anyone wishing to become a botmaster, or for those who want to improve their knowledge or skills.

What would the average user want?

As a user, I wasn't looking for anything complicated, labor intensive, or something that would clutter my computer, and create another icon on my desk top. There are many sites providing links devoted to downloading something for private use. And, I wasn't looking to become a botmaster. I just wanted to chat, and the easier it was, the better.

As for all the Alice clones and bots running AIML, absolutely, anyone with a working on-line bot is welcome. The one requirement is that there must be a return link button somewhere on the page. Without it, the bot won't get on the list, and it won't get any hits which moves the listing up the ladder toward the top. Bots consisting of merely a text input box on a white page probably won't do as well as one that includes html or some sort of graphics, but anyone is invited to list their bot.

With regard to the A.I. Nexus Forum, that's where I started, and I just I can't say enough about Knyte Trypper, and the other regular members there. Without the support and advice they've provided, I wouldn't be this far along. I see many of the same people here, and that makes this forum of value to me. I've been involved in various aspects of the Internet for several years, but the most helpful and friendly people I've met have been members of the chatbot community.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 05:08:43 pm by Freddy »
ChatBots Toplist   COME JOIN US!

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
March 28, 2024, 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

337 Guests, 1 User
Users active in past 15 minutes:
WriterOfMinds
[Trusty Member]

Most Online Today: 396. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles