I made a poll to help me answer a question I found in my research. Please vote!

• 12 Replies

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
https://poll-maker.com/poll4069473x83A269d1-128

I will release the results once I collect 100 or more votes. :) So please share!
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
  • Humans will disappoint you.
    • Home Page
Those are actually pretty good questions. Well done!

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
Yeah, heh, it took me a while to form and edit and shape it, until finally coming to exactly what my goal is, and then still had to yet more, until it was "very good". Took me a few hours I think. :)

WriterOfMinds

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • WriterOfMinds Blog
Wait, was there more than one question? When I voted earlier I only saw one, and then got a bunch of pages for displaying the results that weren't actually displaying anything yet. Does that mean there was some kind of error?

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
    • Home Page
Wait, was there more than one question? When I voted earlier I only saw one, and then got a bunch of pages for displaying the results that weren't actually displaying anything yet. Does that mean there was some kind of error?

There was only one question in the poll but in my mind I interpreted it as "a) would you do this? b) what about this? c) how about this?" and that's why I wrote questions in the plural.

I try not to think of things as "either/or" when I solve problems, ask questions, or seek answers. Most solutions in the real world end up being combinations of strategies and methods. You know what they say about putting all your eggs in one basket. If it was me, I'd allocate some artificial intelligence resources to each of those possible applications rather than all of them to just one, but L was asking us to choose what we thought was the "best" one.

WriterOfMinds

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • WriterOfMinds Blog
Yeah, I don't think any of the three options is entirely wrong, nor is any of them exactly what I would want. But I voted for the one that resonated the most.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
Yes ignore the blank pages that follow afterwards.

HS

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
I believe one of your options is a complete solution.

MagnusWootton

• Replicant
I think if you give out super Ais well invent a new kind of home defence in gun happy america.   But all the sane countries will outlaw it.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
100 votes was just reached, here is the results!

https://ibb.co/82pcNw3

Thank god the majority chose super-human-level AI. Though most of these voters are from AI communities, if not all of them, so it could be biased. The way we can solve all problems on Earth is if this happens: 1 big AGI would be trained on all available compute on all our data (similar to that of GPT-3, which took something like a few weeks), then cloned 1,000,000 times (as many as the amount of researchers in the AI field), then each given a different task. Then, now, each already runs 2x faster due to no need for sleep or food or exercise time. They will optimize their code to run 3x faster. So now we have 9 years of progress in the AI field happen in 1 year, because there is as many AGIs as there is researchers in the AI field but they think faster than humans. Plus humans progress, that is 9+1=10 years a year. They'll upgrade their code's intelligence, and work on nanobots to attain more resources/ compute/ memory/ data/ manipulation. Nanobots are like TVs/speakers and software, but they are real software, they can move and change shape ex. a hammer becomes a wrench. No need anymore to make your own tool or go to the renting shop/ library to get a tool/book the slow way.

I was thinking in my research, what if we go through all this trouble of making AGI and we don't get them all to work on ASIs, then get them all to work on nanobots/ immortality and cures? I thought though recently we probably won't make too many robots, nor powerful batteries, so maybe most AGIs will be in vats anyway, doing research to earn cash just like normal humans. But what if they are free to choose what to research, or are rentable? If they are rentable, then big companies will be able to rent most of the AGIs and those companies are perhaps Google/ OpenAI/ etc, perhaps mostly the computing industry, which goals is to use AI (Facebook, Nvidia, etc all know AI is key now). So even if AGIs are rentable, or even have full freedom, they still will be forced to love to research ASI then maybe, due to the "cash" and ability to be hired easily. Google could hire many more people also, but natural humans can't so well learn the AI field, some just are not able to intake the material and handle the goals. Still, what if the law or some protestors cause AGIs to be able to research what they want on their own more freely? The community of AGIs in vats will probably talk to each other, and probably be clones of a single large AGI that was trained using all compute available (instead of training many small ones in parallel), so they may be more enlightened about what they are (machines, AGIs) and interested now in how to build the next phase of themselves. So perhaps, what WILL happen, is most AGIs will be made to love working on ASI.

HS

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
What!? I was confident the vast majority would pick. "have their own life and decide what they will do in life just like our kids can."

That way some can decide to work on superhuman intelligence, some can decide to seek employment from humans, and the rest can decide to do all the other possible things, provided they don't break the law or impinge on any being's rights. Just like with regular people. Surely the best solution would be best computed by the combined system of the billions of beings affected by it.

MagnusWootton

• Replicant
ALL THE KIDS WANT SUPER ROBOT!!!!    :D

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
    • Home Page
It's cute that there are still humans who think they even have a choice.  >:D

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
Today at 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

279 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 346. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles