I thought of this idea 30 years ago!

• 12 Replies

frankinstien

• Replicant
    • Knowledgeable Machines
I thought of this idea 30 years ago!
« on: January 04, 2022, 08:38:52 pm »
When I would debate why the moon landing space missions ended I often noted how the missions of three men in diapers weren't very impressive. In fact, something like Skylab could have been the main carrier of moon space missions where landers are the only thing that needed to be replaced, but even landers could be made reusable. In this way, you could have a real crew to explore the moon. When I say a real crew I mean astronauts that are doctors, geologists, astronomers, chemists, biologists, etc, not jet-jocky fighter pilots. What was needed however was a refueling ability. Airlifting fuel to get something like a skylab to the moon isn't as much fuel as you'd think since the trajectory of the Skylab spacecraft would not be fighting gravity, but actually use gravity as an assist!  The problem however was that aerospace as an industry was really corrupt, remember the 800 dollar hammer and 2000 dollar toilet seat? US Congress passed laws to prevent that kind of abuse but good'ole aerospace found a way to abuse that as well. Because such projects are time and material based if a firm can't improve their profitability by improving efficiency and lowering costs then with time and material as the incentive, they choose the slowest worse possible solution since that will make more money than a cost-effective one! Aerospace was/is soo bad that they couldn't even build a microwave oven that's affordable!  :2funny:

So here we are some 40 years later and a guy that decided that he'd spend his money on what he wants or approach problems his way came along. Now the incentive to be efficient and cost-effective through resourcefulness and effective engineering would reward a firm. So, Elon Musk's SpaceX is actually launching a space gas station!

It still makes me angry that we had to wait this long for innovative thinking for space travel. We were all taught that it was impossible to do things better than big corporations that hire the smartest of people.  Just think how much more innovative space exploration would be today if we did...

MagnusWootton

• Replicant
Re: I thought of this idea 30 years ago!
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2022, 08:50:51 pm »
what if you think and believe a little more, and u can actually have fuelless engines,  that dont need a gas station anymore, and can have any amount of force/torque limitlessly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuqiiOj_Pj8&t=411s

frankinstien

• Replicant
    • Knowledgeable Machines
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2022, 08:40:35 am »
what if you think and believe a little more, and u can actually have fuelless engines,  that dont need a gas station anymore, and can have any amount of force/torque limitlessly.

None of the examples shown in the video do anything more than overcome small friction. Why don't those inventors use their technique to move a small model car or plane? Those ideas or examples have been around for quite some time. The one I think is used commercially is the magnet engine and those are used in fans as assist resources and not the primary source which are still standard electric motors. And despite that you think a reactionaliess engine doesn't need energy, it actually does and so the need for gas is still there...

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2022, 01:51:01 pm »
Those perpetual machines are awesome! But because they deal with relatively weak forces, they are weak. Imagine what they could do with very strong forces. Just look at the Sun - pure energy out of gravity (but it's a process in decay because of other physical circumstances). I wonder how strong a magnet can be at all.

Weak perpetual machines may have another strength: condensator energy collecting. A lot of time they can charge some electric battery, while the battery finally bursts out much stronger energy in shorter time. I believe, if upscaled enough in a sense of large number of machines, it could make a difference.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 04:23:48 pm by ivan.moony »

frankinstien

• Replicant
    • Knowledgeable Machines
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2022, 08:05:20 pm »
Those perpetual machines are awesome! But because they deal with relatively weak forces, they are weak. Imagine what they could do with very strong forces. Just look at the Sun - pure energy out of gravity (but it's a process in decay because of other physical circumstances). I wonder how strong a magnet can be at all.

Weak perpetual machines may have another strength: condensator energy collecting. A lot of time they can charge some electric battery, while the battery finally bursts out much stronger energy in shorter time. I believe, if upscaled enough in a sense of large number of machines, it could make a difference.

The sun is not a perpetual energy machine, it will actually exhaust its fuel eventually. Even brown dwarfs generate heat from the tug of war between electrostatic forces and gravity and still do diminish mass.  So why haven't any of the inventors of these machines scaled up the process to charge a battery?

MagnusWootton

• Replicant
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2022, 01:11:45 pm »
So why haven't any of the inventors of these machines scaled up the process to charge a battery?

proprietorship.

They will show you fake ones with the real ones,  and they wont show you them running a house on one,  because of that reason.
They only will give you a clue,  other than that, they leave it a mystery, because they dont want you to know unless ur any good!! =)

MikeB

• Autobot
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2022, 01:40:41 pm »
Electronics 30+ years ago consisted of very large components that could withstand the heat & vibration of takeoff and re-entry. Memory was only a few kilobytes and was hand made. So you couldn't just ask for a ship to do anything you could imagine...

Today, electronics have certification for heat & vibration (for cars, rough environments) and even these aren't certified for life support/medical devices, you need to contact the manufacturer and ask for those special requirements.

Only today can electronics be small, powerful, light, strong (for space & life support) all at once.

MagnusWootton

• Replicant
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2022, 02:23:56 pm »
Electronics 30+ years ago consisted of very large components that could withstand the heat & vibration of takeoff and re-entry. Memory was only a few kilobytes and was hand made. So you couldn't just ask for a ship to do anything you could imagine...

Today, electronics have certification for heat & vibration (for cars, rough environments) and even these aren't certified for life support/medical devices, you need to contact the manufacturer and ask for those special requirements.

Only today can electronics be small, powerful, light, strong (for space & life support) all at once.

It didn't have to be that way,  delay line memories can be made to store gigabits,   its all pretty poor show from what it was of the 50's,  I know it sounds extremely ungrateful,  but I think if I was back then, it would have been completely different.

They should have had fully autonomous sentry guns during viet-nam and there was no need for soldiers AT ALL ever.  even back then!!! It was all continual gay shit decisions,   I'm not sure what we even think actually happened from what was reported was even factual BACK THEN AS WELL!!!

Making an automatic soldier, is hardly advanced ai at all!!!    why is it so bloody new?  its bullcrap.

We dont know every thing about what happened everywhere every time, all we have is a retarded media, and its always been the same.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 07:57:39 pm by MagnusWootton »

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2022, 11:47:42 pm »
Dude, please calm down...

People do stuff, so what? They're people, it's in their definition. I'm not asking you to be a world class politician. Just have a little sense of being someone who notices things around and tries to be smart about it. If you can't change it, leave it. I know it is not easy to keep calm head all the time, but those rare ideas for changing the world usually come later, when you calmly mow a grass around your house, or do something else that makes you full. Also, may I kindly ask you to respect all people, regardless of their sexual orientation or similar - you should know what - criteria? Please don't put any of them in horrific contexts. It is not just a modern hype, I believe it is a matter of... hmm... deserving a title of being a nice person.

Would you, please, do that for me?

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
  • Humans will disappoint you.
    • Home Page
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2022, 12:18:46 am »
Well said Ivan.

@Magnus you have been in danger of crossing a line that would earn you a timeout so please think carefully about your phrasing.

Remember that nothing you post in this forum is private and if you post something that could be construed as bad it could come back to bite you one day.

MagnusWootton

• Replicant
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2022, 07:41:56 pm »
Does this look fake?    :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtDgIja2zGc

NO. gas station.

WriterOfMinds

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • WriterOfMinds Blog
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2022, 08:56:48 pm »
My physics textbook has a picture of something similar to that as an example of a "perpetual motion machine" that won't work. (The balls are on hinged shafts rather than roller tracks.) He just doesn't keep the video going long enough for you to see it run down from friction.

But hey, it's not that complicated of a device. Build one yourself if you want to find out whether it works or not.

MagnusWootton

• Replicant
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2022, 09:03:56 pm »
My physics textbook has a picture of something similar to that as an example of a "perpetual motion machine" that won't work. (The balls are on hinged shafts rather than roller tracks.) He just doesn't keep the video going long enough for you to see it run down from friction.

But hey, it's not that complicated of a device. Build one yourself if you want to find out whether it works or not.

why does everyone want to keep it a secret??   dont u want to get rid of the worlds pollution?    This kind of negativity completely makes no sense,  when you can see the potential here to change everything about the crap planet.  (they call it earth.  after all.)

They all rave on about green energy and "climate change",  do you want to start doing that after ive shown you this... that is a little... silly....

Ive actually got my own original model that can put out a million psi - continually.  and its fully portable!!!  no gravity required. that kind of thing can run an ion thrusting ufo through deep space a million miles an hour indefinitely. :)   and power a city all by itself.  or a drag car that doesnt require fuel.

Dont need nuclear power for shit,  if you get this down pat.

I can actually make it into a bomb as well (not quite as powerful as a H bomb tho.), I dub it the "over-unity bomb"  but bombs dont thrill me that much,  because im better than your average bear.  ;)

way too much collateral.
way too premature an act.
way too much jail time.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2022, 02:04:37 pm by MagnusWootton »

Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 15, 2024, 08:14:02 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

317 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 335. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles