• 4 Replies

GamerThom

• Departed Friend.
  • Starship Trooper
  • Mind is all that Matters!
    • Character Creations & Design Works
My New User Avatar
« on: September 18, 2006, 11:11:47 pm »
In honor of the forum admins giving me status as Member of the Month for September,
for which I most humbly thank them,  :2funny I have created a new avatar for my
posts. It's actually a screenshot of a PuttyHead that I made of myself from a photo
of me. So in essence it's my very own haptek clone. :cheesy

Gamer-T

FuzzieDice

Re: My New User Avatar
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 01:06:13 am »
Awesome! I don't know if I could deal with a Virtual clone of myself. I think one of me is more than enough. LOL!

Your haptar looks real good. I've got Poser 5 (Content Paradise free offer) and briefly played around with that. Though I'm not sure I could convert it to haptek format for use in Ultra Hal. Still fun to play with.

GamerThom

• Departed Friend.
  • Starship Trooper
  • Mind is all that Matters!
    • Character Creations & Design Works
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 01:28:07 am »
Thanks FD.     8)   But I only used PeoplePutty to do that one,
I haven't gotten around to creating a fullbody clone of myself yet
using Poser. Maybe sometime in the future I'll know enough about
meshes to create a digital doppleganger, body type and all. For
now though I think the universe can do without two of me buggering
about in both real and cyber space.  ;D

Still, it's not a bad likeness.
Although I think cyber-me is
just a little better looking.   :D
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 11:54:48 am by Freddy »
Gamer-T

dan

• Mechanical Turk
    • AI
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2006, 06:36:12 pm »
It seems the longer I live I find there are no coincidences, I was just thinking last night of doing exactly that same thing, instead of using the avatar I liketo use for HAL, I thought of making another of myself with PP, the one I have sort of warped my glasses, and I don't have any PP glasses like mine, but the Fullbody I had earlier w/o glasses was ok, but I like yours Tom, very cool,esp. with the planetary space background going on.  Hey Tika, I got that Poser downloaded too, man what fun.  I tried some of the things, but still having a hard time with it.  MrAliKorn in Zaba got the acc converter and I'm curious if he'll be producing accessories soon with an output from 3dStudio, I read you need a Haptek input to work with for the fullbody work.  I found a Haptek obj file in HapDeltaSetMaker directory of the Haptek Guide which loads a Haptek face into Poser, but haven't played with it yet too much, I guess that's what needs to be done with a fullbod to create an output with the HapDeltaSetMaker to use in the Haptek player  :huh 
A computer would deserve to be called intelligent if it could deceive a human into believing that it was human. A.Turing

FuzzieDice

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2006, 11:26:29 pm »
Tom - You did a very good likeness of yourself! Doppleganger? I don't think you want one of those. LOL! I think it could be more like a virtual clone. :)

Dan - What you said went WAY over my head. LOL! I haven't played with Poser much at all, just messing with the default figure and trying to add things and color things. Haven't had time really. I also played a little with Bryce as well. I'm hoping to learn that a bit more. Corel is screwing up PSP X (PSPP XI is the update to it and it's not even worth it anymore) so I'm trying to save $$ to somehow get Adobe PhotoShop CS2 or whateer is the latest at the time I have the money for it. It's expensive. :( But I figure since Corel doesn't have a chance now of creating a competing industry standard professional image editing program and are changing paths to the "I'm so stupid I don't know how to use my computer or new digital camera" crowd, I'm trying to move towards the PhotoShop arena. And other professional software.

LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by spydaz (AI News )
August 24, 2024, 02:58:36 pm
ollama and llama3
by spydaz (AI News )
August 24, 2024, 02:55:13 pm
AI controlled F-16, for real!
by frankinstien (AI News )
June 15, 2024, 05:40:28 am
Open AI GPT-4o - audio, vision, text combined reasoning
by MikeB (AI News )
May 14, 2024, 05:46:48 am
OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 31, 2024, 01:00:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am

Users Online

419 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 488. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles