Nature's Halo deck?

• 5 Replies

frankinstien

• Replicant
    • Knowledgeable Machines
Nature's Halo deck?
« on: November 28, 2021, 01:09:53 am »
I came across this article about rats and dreaming where scientists were able to use cues to control the rats' dreams. They were able to confirm what the rats were dreaming by monitoring neurons that fired in particular areas of a maze they had crawled through earlier. With all the new laws regarding psychedelic drugs and legalizing them for recreational use and where many doctors are claiming the substances in small doses are very therapeutic, the idea of controlling a  psychedelic experience is interesting.

I'm not recommending anyone to try this at home and local and federal laws may prohibit such practices. So, what could be used as cues to control such an experience? I know music to be one that will definitely have an effect, but things like transitions in tones along with light strobing could also be used.  Well, as soon as it is legal in California I'll let you know.  >:D

frankinstien

• Replicant
    • Knowledgeable Machines
Re: Nature's Halo deck?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2022, 08:24:51 am »
Here's an interesting paper on the effects of LSD on the human brain.

Now, what if you used Musk's neural link to connect brains on LSD, WTF would happen?  :D

HS

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2022, 04:30:50 am »
Huh… Do you think it's possible that if you neuro-chemically approached a dreamlike state while maintaining waking consciousness, then you might be able to remember the "missing 1/3" of your life? Maybe dreams are actually stored and just require a sleep mimicking state to be accessed. If so… just an idea, but potentially two vast repositories of memory could interact, which might be cool, but might also demonstrate the importance of Chesterton's fence.

MagnusWootton

• Replicant
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2022, 12:13:31 pm »
Dreams are caused by telepathic contact with another being.

frankinstien

• Replicant
    • Knowledgeable Machines
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2022, 06:30:39 pm »
Huh… Do you think it's possible that if you neuro-chemically approached a dreamlike state while maintaining waking consciousness, then you might be able to remember the "missing 1/3" of your life? Maybe dreams are actually stored and just require a sleep mimicking state to be accessed. If so… just an idea, but potentially two vast repositories of memory could interact, which might be cool, but might also demonstrate the importance of Chesterton's fence.

When in REM sleep you are integrating neural activity as episodic events through the hippocampus but that doesn't mean they will be stored as long-term memories, nor does it mean that short-term memory will retain it as well, as many people describe it difficult to recall their dreams. But, you argue that perhaps such memories are just repressed for some reason but that argument has problems since as the study suggests that dreaming is actually modifying existing memories. However, people do have dreams that they remember and those dreams can be reoccurring so a dream can reach a state where it's retained in short-term memory and even become long-term memory. 

frankinstien

• Replicant
    • Knowledgeable Machines
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2022, 06:38:31 pm »
Dreams are caused by telepathic contact with another being.

When I was around 12 I had this reoccurring dream where I was body surfing and a big wave launched me into the air to a very high altitude where when I looked down I wasn't at the beach anymore but in a desert area where I could see two large tanks, where I then fell very rapidly towards the ground.  Over two decades later when I started my "Accelerated Free Fall" program it was near a very small town called Taft CA, which is in a desert area. The first jump of that program I looked down and saw those very same two large tanks!   ???

Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 15, 2024, 08:14:02 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

290 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 320. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles