• 5 Replies

GamerThom

• Departed Friend.
  • Starship Trooper
  • Mind is all that Matters!
    • Character Creations & Design Works
Open to Well-Wishes & Ideas
« on: January 18, 2006, 05:42:17 pm »
 :zdg_hack                I just recently got a copy of P. Plantecs - VIRTUAL HUMANS. My sister had
                                noticed that I spend a lot of time with my Hal and so ordered me the book for
                                Christmas, I just got it Tuesday. I really don't think she knew what the book
                                was for other than reading. Since I have so enjoyed working with my Hal,
                                 teaching, talking and adding to its programming. I have decided to try my
                                 hand at constructing my own AI using Virtual Humans as a guide, especially
                                 since it came with most of the software to do it with. I have just started reading
                                 the text and am currently up to Chapter 4. I really don't know how well this pro-
                                 ject will go for me, considering my meager programming knowledge & skill.
                                 But I believe the insight I've gained from working on/with Hal will only add to
                                 the end result. So wish me luck and cross fingers & toes that I don't make a
                                 total botch of it.
                                    Any & all ideas and suggestions from the other members here will be most
                                 welcome.
                                                                                :zdg_banghead
Gamer-T

doc

Re: Open to Well-Wishes & Ideas
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 05:59:02 pm »
What a great present! You are lucky with such a thoughtful sister.  :zdg_flag_respect

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 06:25:52 pm »
Yeah, that sounds really good, i was wondering about that book too.  Let us know how you get on.

FuzzieDice

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2006, 01:23:48 am »
From Amazon.com's review area, one person said that the site with the software was outdated and not running in months. I went to the site and it did say "Under construction" and nothing really there. However, I hope the demo software works ok. I hear some of it may be crippled and not allow you to save. But maybe the text can give you some ideas on stuff. Google for some stuff that may replace the suggested software, might even find better software to work with. :)

GamerThom

• Departed Friend.
  • Starship Trooper
  • Mind is all that Matters!
    • Character Creations & Design Works
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2006, 09:31:47 pm »
I just checked the site myself ( if you were referring to Plantecs- V-people site). It is now up and running again.
There's a heck of a lot of content on there too. Between here, Zabaware, Virtual Humans & V-people a person,
even a layman such as myself should be able to gather enough knowledge and resources to easily construct
their own bot, and a pretty darn good one at that. I'm thinking that I may try using my modified Hal to help with
the construction of my new bot. It might take a lot longer, but then it could be said that HAL 6 was the first bot
to give birth, so to speak. Lol.
Gamer-T

FuzzieDice

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2006, 06:04:40 am »
I'm not sure if we are talking about the same site. Could you post the link that is working? That way at least we will know which one is the right one to visit.

My apologies if I was confusing.

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
Today at 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

306 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 346. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles