Quantum computed virtual reality or even computed quantum reality?

• 17 Replies

frankinstien

• Replicant
    • Knowledgeable Machines
I had a strange dream last night. :) I dreamt that our reality was some kind of quantum computing Time-crystal formalized in some icy solid cold comet or even some super cold metal! Where time-crystals created a virtual universe from the lattice of atoms of super cold material that interfere with one another, creating computational chaos that formalized into our reality! Not only that but the comet or asteroid was nearing its star and heating up.  The expansion of the super cold material as it warmed is what is causing the universe to inflate! The lattice of atoms is expanding causing localizations of virtual computed matter to move further apart. So, our existence is short, but because our reality is being computed at the speed of light or perhaps even faster than the speed of light, due to entanglement, to us this short-lived life of our universe will be 100's of billions of years!

So, I wake up and you guessed I looked up whether time-crystals could come about in nature. Turn's out they might, but the article explores classical processes that exhibit time-crystal effects. Given that solid cold matter exists in the Kuiper belt could such structures produce some kind of computational reality where such lattices of matter that move very little and the time-crystal phenomena manifest on a scale of astronomical proportions, that converge into a reality?

But then again, could all of reality be based on this non-entropic phenomenon of time crystals. Where the foundation of reality is some form of medium where elements interact chaotically but eventually form into an organized system that doesn't need energy! In fact, the concepts or phenomena of mass and energy are computed from a very highly parallelized system of stuff that's smaller than subatomic particles. The foundation of reality is without energy, icy cold, absolute zero, but these kinds of time crystals can still interact and converge into a universe.

Realize that all quantum matter has that strange behavior about it, superposition, entanglement, parallelized random state interactions, with strange motions that make no sense to mere mortals. So, if all matter inherits those properties and that is the case, then perhaps a simple model of stuff could be generated and that pattern begins to re-enforce itself by the inevitable chance, given an eternity, that such a pattern then spreads to a critical state that creates a universe. We already have proof that well-organized computational systems can arise out of chaos, they're called brains. :o

MagnusWootton

• Replicant
Re: Quantum computed virtual reality or even computed quantum reality?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2021, 06:21:29 am »
That sounds good, definitely possible.

In this comet is a description of all reality here in our universe,   but the problem I have with it, is a description isnt enough to make something actually happen.   I can describe a person in full, and I can even run simulations of this person successfully...   but what makes it conscious of itself?    This person will respond "yes I'm alive" and it will act in all ways that it has consciousness,   but how can you know it actually is?   Its impossible to even scientificly test for or proove.  Science becomes useless.

I'm saying,  because we actually are alive,  there's something more than just a simulation or "played back description of reality" happening here.

Im saying theres a difference between a "vision" and something that actually happened for real!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 07:55:37 am by MagnusWootton »

frankinstien

• Replicant
    • Knowledgeable Machines
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2021, 08:05:30 pm »
I'm saying,  because we actually are alive,  there's something more than just a simulation or "played back description of reality" happening here.

The idea of a simulation is that it acts out rules that allow it to act like whatever its emulating. So, it's not playing anything back, nor an "if-then else" kind of rule base. It is a cause and effect rule base, where the exchange of information has consequences that result in some output or rendering. So, a simulation can be identical to some kind of reality or system, but it doesn't mean it is of the same scope. While, say, a comet or asteroid has a medium cold enough to allow time crystals to form, and such a system chaotically converges into something very much like our universe, it won't be on the same scale, it's actually a smaller universe but of sufficient density to work.  By this notion then there can't be infinite universes created within any single simulation, where a simulation creates a simulation that then also creates a simulation, to infinity and beyond! No, each new simulation will suffer from diminishing returns since this idea is based on dedicating material to form the computational system, why each simulation ends up being a smaller universe than what creates it.

One way to think of this is it's a matrix, and it's at least has 3 dimensions. Each time crystal is a component, like a pixel, that forms a reactive datapoint. So groups of time crystals actually represent pixels that form particles. Now the time crystals don't have to be persistently consistent in their configuration, but they do need to be persistent enough most of the time to build a persistent universe or reality. Think of it like letting go of your hands briefly while doing pull-ups, as long as you re-grasp the bar in time you can continue to do pull-ups.

Now, what if intelligent life formed in one of these simulations. Because the computational system works in an atomized way, they could figure out how to influence their computronium, in this case, some methane, ammonia, and water atoms. As they experiment and tinker, they eventually can sense influences outside their universe has effects on their universe. They graph or plot such influences and literally build a camera-like device that can see outside their universe! Wait! It gets even better. Not only can they see outside their reality, and to their amazement, they discover another universe containing their universe, they learn to build structures in the container universe to explore it! With all the experience they now have of understanding their computational universe, they hack our universe as well.

Don't believe it? Well, think about this, if UFOs are real, and can fly the way they do, just hovering with no reactional engine, if you could hack the universe how could you do that? One approach is to recode space-time so you can control it the way you want to!  O0

OK, not the best kind of proof.  :-\ But, it is interesting that intelligent life where ever it maybe just might come from a virtual reality that naturally formed in some dark corner of our universe...
« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 02:29:12 am by frankinstien »

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
  • Humans will disappoint you.
    • Home Page

MagnusWootton

• Replicant
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2021, 11:54:31 am »
Working out how to simulate your own universe on say your computer :: if you ever did it for real,  maybe it causes alot of anguish,  everyone wishes they were famous but when it actually hits the person for real,  maybe they work out they don't want to be as important anymore.

Why would you want to do such a thing -  are u trying to get revenge on the people that teased you in school?   :2funny:   Or some other really childish reason in your subconscious your not fully aware of.

Sure, it would be amazing and would grant you alot of power,   but if the power fell in the wrong hands  (Whom the wrong hands is, is your concoction, as well as being a basis in reality for,  like terrorists of all walks of life for example)   wed be in alot of trouble,    and from some others perspective,  they wouldn't be thinking your hands yourself are any safer than anyone elses!!!

How could you trust yourself with it!   How it would turn your life into somewhat a joke!    And if you got it working,   how could you think you were so special others couldnt do it?  Bad guess, IMO.   

You look around yourself,  and you think "nah, it hasnt been invented yet" But everything becomes more than meets the eye,  perhaps growing in paranoia as you discover things for yourself,  sending u a little bit potty in the process.

Even tho,  One last thing, You can quite work out your situation here on earth is pointlessly hopeless anyway,   and a crazy stunt like simulating the universe might be what you need, even tho you shouldnt really take it lightly,  and abusing such a system could be highly detrimental.

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2021, 12:24:34 pm »
Don't hate me, but I think creating an artificial Universe would be a great idea! Especially if it could be a host for different life forms.
 :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

MagnusWootton

• Replicant
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2021, 12:45:17 pm »
Seems like harmless unimportant fun doesn't it.

But if you could do that, I think its more dangerous than nuclear weapons.

You could think,   well nukes haven't killed us yet,  what's the problem with them?  (Even tho that sounds a little insane.) And the same goes for "super Ai on infinite logic power technology" Probably if we make it, well come out unscathed from it, even tho how we do (seemingly every time.) doesnt make much sense to me.

frankinstien

• Replicant
    • Knowledgeable Machines
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2021, 01:18:12 am »
Here's an article that explains time-crystals a bit more clearly, albeit it claims they're not found in nature.  It would be interesting to entangle those crystals and test EPR by separating the two by vast distances, say in orbit or even on the moon's surface. But the first experiment need only be a few hundred yards. Then apply interference masks to the crystals, see article of how they are affected by laser light, and see if we could actually send info other than quantum states.  :P

MagnusWootton

• Replicant
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2021, 08:59:49 am »
Its useless talking about quantum, unless u know how to isolate a single atom,  you cant just use a vacuum for it with a single atom inside,  its much more difficult than that.

Its on the level of knowing how to make nuclear weapons,  but its probably harder than that.

I don't know for sure  ::), but Im fairly confident in the fact that everyone on the internet talking about it,  has no chance of actually doing it, and anything they know is just passed down chinese whispers getting slowly more and more convolutive of the truth as it goes.

But..  it doesn't mean your ice crystal idea is a bad one!   Computers work in regimental grids and volumes very well.  Its a nice way to organize your data/compute.

chattable

• Electric Dreamer
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2021, 09:00:58 am »
i know what i would do if i became a god with such technology.
i would ask the human like beings i created what they wanted.
i would let my human like beings do whatever they wanted to.
to whoever they wanted to or whatever they wanted to do it too.
they would just have to say for how long they wanted to do it.
then i would give them that long to do it.

then after they get what they wanted for that long.
the one that they attacked if dead or not could get what they wanted for as long as they wanted to.
if they asked me for it.
the human like beings would have souls that would talk to me if they were murdered.
i do not believe a created being should be punished for whatever it has done forever.

MagnusWootton

• Replicant
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2021, 09:48:21 am »
Yes indeed,  100% liberation for your men is not always a good thing.

But one more thing,  if you created these beings,  then you would know they want because u made them that way.

But!  ah I am wrong, that would only account for slaves, with highly predictable forced/restrictive behaviour, it depends on how liberal the motivation is (does it behave in any way whatsoever?),  when you do it.   So maybe its hard to say what they end up doing, if they can end up doing anything?

Also I dont think Ai has a soul,  but it can say it does, but it actually doesn't.

chattable

• Electric Dreamer
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2021, 01:34:26 pm »
i would restore everything after they get done.they would just remember what happened.
i would prefer to ask them anyway.
they would be able to experience any possibility unrestricted.they would just have tell me for how long when it is their turn.
they would be able to experiment with reality in ways we cannot imagine now.
since i would not live forever.
i would have to make a ai god that would have my same desires for that universe i created.

MagnusWootton

• Replicant
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2021, 02:28:13 pm »
we seem to live in a hardcore live until you die for a mistake u make.   Thats how God likes it,  no matter how terrifying and defeating it is when it happens to you.

frankinstien

• Replicant
    • Knowledgeable Machines
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2021, 05:33:55 pm »
One thing for sure, if this universe is hackable whoever figures it out first wins this game of life! There will be no other candidates unless of course those that did figure it out, with their evaluation and approval, allow such individuals to join their club. >:D

Maybe that's how you get into heaven,  Nirvana or awaken as an Atman,... ^-^
« Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 06:02:26 pm by frankinstien »

MagnusWootton

• Replicant
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2021, 06:26:53 pm »
more like it just destroys the universe.  u better hope God has some awesome security in place for that or we are all doomed.

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
March 28, 2024, 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

327 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 396. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles