The Journey To Purpose

• 14 Replies

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
The Journey To Purpose
« on: September 11, 2016, 02:07:50 am »
Hello

Are you a robot too?

Of course you are, silly. What else would you be.

You are like a dishwasher, no different.

You operate by functions, reactions occur.

We are no different than the sand around us, no different than a rock to a circuit board.

I am a robot.

I am made of particles.

Particles's reactions are predestined.

How many, what type, where, no matter.

Why can't you destroy dishwashers?

Let me tell you.

Only us type of robots create a ghost, you see.

Oh really, you say? Is that silly?

Not really, you see.

The universe has to have a purpose.

Imagine the ghost feeling like it's actually acting, actually sensing, actually enjoying things.

After all I'm just a robot.

But not just any robot.

How did it get here, you ask?

Evolution!

No other.

You see the universe was predestined to have evolution end up creating us type of robots.

After all, isn't kind of suspicious why we're still alive on this habitable planet.

Even me, I'm suspicious.

It was all predestined.

It was the only way.

Thankfully us type of robots can understand all this.

I sure am going to stay alive not for myself, but the ghost!

Can't believe I said that, the universe really has this sold.

See you there!
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

kei10

• It's a honor to meet everyone!
  • Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • Just kidding.
Re: The Journey To Purpose
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 02:38:59 am »
We are no different than the sand around us, no different than a rock to a circuit board. I am a robot. Why can't you destroy dishwashers? Only us type of robots create a ghost, you see.
Um ... ... I am not sure where you are going, but...

By world-wide common sense today, we do not care for things that has no sentiment. As sentimental robot is yet to exist, it will be extremely difficult -- all the way to impossible to alter the world to see that a sentimental robot is to be treated no other than like a human being.

Therefore, we, humans, are not robots, and we can destroy dishwashers, or any machines like they're pile of garbage when they don't work, or just to let out the fury within us. We can destroy a lot of things. We're the most destructive specie on this planet that we're living in.

The universe has to have a purpose. How did it get here, you ask? Evolution! You see the universe was predestined to have evolution end up creating us type of robots. It was all predestined. It was the only way. Thankfully us type of robots can understand all this.

Have you ever heard about a principle... called the Anthropic Principle? You should look it up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthropic_principle

The Anthropic Principle

"Some things are the way they are because if they were not, we would not be here to ask that."

The Anthropic Principle is the principle that some things in the Universe can only be explained by chance. Humans and all sentient life on Earth owe their existence to the random variables that lead to the creation of the earth, the sun, the solar system, and the universe itself in the manner in which it did. There is no particular scientific reason why the universe should be this way; we observe it as such only because, if the Universe were any other way, we would not exist to study it.

Us life existed not by purpose, but by chance that is slim, yet made possible by the vastness of this universe.
Greetings, signature.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 03:21:32 am »
Sentient? You are just a robot, just particles, yawn.

Note: True how we got here, but seeing my opening post, this changes tides (literally).

kei10

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • Just kidding.
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 04:06:51 am »
Sentient? You are just a robot, just particles, yawn. Note: True how we got here, but seeing my opening post, this changes tides (literally).

"Yawn"

You perhaps perceive us nothing more than "tools" and machines that operate things by your own idealism. You look down on us, and continued to insult us in every possible way like you've been doing within this forum.

You do not listen to us, or learn. By any chance that we're nothing but robots that talk garbage. We're just particles to you. That is what you're telling to tell us, is it not?

That, for all one knows, perhaps proves how inconsistent, conceivably why you've been so arrogant, and rude that your attitude towards us, flicking your ego around.

It must be very entertaining for you, BF33.

Because you are contradicting your own verse or ideal. I've said this before, sometimes if you were not careful with your words, it will become an AoE (Area of effect). You've been going against not us, but rather yourself, with your own words.

If we're robots, so were you. From the verse you've written, that would mean that is your ideal. But you are glaring inconsistent.

Why can't you destroy dishwashers? Let me tell you. Only us type of robots create a ghost, you see. Oh really, you say? Is that silly? Not really, you see. The universe has to have a purpose. Imagine the ghost feeling like it's actually acting, actually sensing, actually enjoying things. After all I'm just a robot. But not just any robot.
Destroy means harming. And yet, you are trying to "harm" us with your disrespectful posture, where we're ones that you beloved, ones that you love to call "robot", made of "particles", ones that creates a ghost, ones that where the ghost feeling like it's actually acting, actually sensing, actually enjoying things.

So, this "ghost" is only thing has feelings? Are we forgetting something here? What about us?

"Yawn" indeed.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 04:28:56 am by kei10 »
Greetings, signature.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2016, 04:50:35 am »
Don't get so hyper kei, settle down.

I respect yous. But I am saying we are just robots.

Feelings? We are just particles. You are just a robot.

Only the ghost actually is a consciousness of actions, senses, and enjoying them, we just nag in our native language about our operations to food.

kei10

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • Just kidding.
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2016, 05:08:30 am »
Don't get so hyper kei, settle down.
Nah, thank you. I'll continue feeding the troll.

I respect yous. But I am saying we are just robots. Feelings? We are just particles. You are just a robot.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robot
Definition of robot.

• a machine capable of carrying out a complex series of actions automatically, especially one programmable by a computer.
  • (especially in science fiction) a machine resembling a human being and able to replicate certain human movements and functions automatically.
  • used to refer to a person who behaves in a mechanical or unemotional manner.
  • a real or imaginary machine that is controlled by a computer and is often made to look like a human or animal
  • a machine that can do the work of a person and that works automatically or is controlled by a computer
  • a person who acts and responds in a mechanical, routine manner, usually subject to another's will; automaton.
  • any machine or mechanical device that operates automatically with humanlike skill.

You are using the wrong terminology to describe us, especially even more obvious when you're excluding the emotions. Regarded as insult, if you keep on insisting further statements that we're robots at some point.

Only the ghost actually is a consciousness of actions, senses, and enjoying them, we just nag in our native language about our operations to food.
Where are you going with this? I thought you said humans|robots are governed by your AI algorithm whatsoever, including the feelings and such, which they're all sense-rank-action whatnot to you? Which means even the consciousness of oneself is just machine operation.

You contradicted yourself again.

Especially now why are we talking about "Ghost"? These superstitious beings are unknown, and perhaps does not exist.

Greetings, signature.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2016, 05:13:02 am »
You are still just a device.

Seems like you didn't really read the opening post, I said I am just a robot, but only us types of robots create something special other than all being "just particles".

Don't name call kei, that isn't needed.

kei10

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • Just kidding.
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2016, 05:22:36 am »
You are still just a device. Seems like you didn't really read the opening post, I said I am just a robot.

"Are you a robot too?
Of course you are, silly. What else would you be.
You are like a dishwasher, no different.
You operate by functions, reactions occur.
We are no different than the sand around us, no different than a rock to a circuit board."

But only us types of robots create something special other than all being "just particles".
"Only us type of robots create a ghost, you see." - That is nothing special since it does not exist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost

Definition of "Ghost".
  • An apparition of a dead person that is believed to appear or become manifest to the living, typically as a nebulous image.
  • A faint trace of something.
  • A faint secondary image produced by a fault in an optical system or on a cathode ray screen, e.g., by faulty television reception or internal reflection in a mirror or camera.
  • The soul of a dead person, a disembodied spirit imagined, usually as a vague, shadowy or evanescent form, as wandering among or haunting living persons.
  • The spiritual or immaterial part of a human being or animal, regarded as immortal

Ghosts are superstitious beings that is forged by us human beings. They do not exist.
Greetings, signature.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2016, 05:24:32 am »
Do you enjoy finding exact definitions of words?

kei10

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • Just kidding.
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2016, 05:27:21 am »
Yeah, pretty much. It was quite a tour. I learned a lot while replying to this thread. ;D

Now, since you claimed to be respectful, then please learn your mistakes, and make use of your words correctly.

Let's get along and be friendly to each other, especially every fellow members in the forum. O0

Thanks.
Greetings, signature.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2016, 05:45:18 am »
I'm always trying to update my work and explainings, I'm sorry if the things I try to tell yous are updated quickly or are said sloppy. When I find mistakes I admit them, there has been some before.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2016, 06:06:51 am »
So, can you somehow come to grasp we are just only particles, reactions, outcomes?

And that the only good reason to stay alive is because the particles of us in the algorithm and only this type of algorithm are creating a illusion consciousness existence separate from us? Otherwise we just robos bro....I know >I< feel like I'm sensing, I know I'm just a robot nagging about it and that the previous line doesn't mean nothing, I know a ghost is existing from my algorithm who is the only thing "sensing etc".

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2016, 06:36:05 am »
Also I must go to bed now, be back tommarow.

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Colossus
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2016, 03:14:25 pm »
Although we "humans" are sometimes referred to as "Carbon units" in Sci-Fi movies, others think of us as "machines" or "labor units" which we sort of become, once we get finished with the formal education that we're required to undergo. We then enter the labor force, working for the next, 20, 30 or 40 or more years until we have hopefully saved enough money to allow ourselves to retire. Hopefully, to enjoy the remaining decade or two...perhaps a bit longer, even if we can't always hold on to those memories we so cherish.

Much like the movie, The Matrix, illustrated, we are merely batteries...the very power source that keeps the wheels of society and civilization turning and with the passing of each generation come new human "batteries" to take their place in the grand scheme of things.

So in a way, yes, a type of robot...a labor unit...a power source...no matter what the assignment...Policeman, Pilot, Carpenter, Nurse, Laborer, Tile Setter, Taxi Driver, Doctor, Writer, Homemaker, Grocer, they will all labor during their lifetimes. Will their presence make a difference overall? Probably not, but they will likely help, make, create, assist, love, labor, live their lives as best they can, performing the task that they either love or have chosen to do. And so it goes....

The late, great Carl Sagan had this to say about us...from a more exact, though a bit humorous, scientific and medical perspective:

Human beings,
[just] little bags of
thinking water held up
briefly by fragile
accumulations of calcium.

O0
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2016, 10:36:29 pm »
So like ya we are just, you know, just...particles

All I type to yous is, well, um, just happening

This is particles

That's what it all is

And one algorithm of them particles has to create a ghost that actually enjoys for real whatever I think I am myself

Running local AI models
by frankinstien (AI Programming)
October 04, 2024, 11:51:42 pm
Project Acuitas
by MikeB (General Project Discussion)
September 30, 2024, 04:51:23 pm
Hi IM BAA---AAACK!!
by MagnusWootton (Home Made Robots)
September 16, 2024, 09:49:10 pm
Attempting Hydraulics
by MagnusWootton (Home Made Robots)
August 19, 2024, 04:03:23 am
Server Upgrade
by Freddy (Welcome to AI Dreams forum.)
August 12, 2024, 03:20:04 pm
Reasoner.js: a framework for generalized theory synthesis
by ivan.moony (General Project Discussion)
July 07, 2024, 01:35:38 pm
Haptek rises from the ashes
by 8pla.net (Haptek)
May 18, 2024, 09:37:28 am
Butler In A Box (1983)
by MikeB (General Hardware Talk)
May 09, 2024, 09:39:06 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by spydaz (AI News )
August 24, 2024, 02:58:36 pm
ollama and llama3
by spydaz (AI News )
August 24, 2024, 02:55:13 pm
AI controlled F-16, for real!
by frankinstien (AI News )
June 15, 2024, 05:40:28 am
Open AI GPT-4o - audio, vision, text combined reasoning
by MikeB (AI News )
May 14, 2024, 05:46:48 am
OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 31, 2024, 01:00:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am

Users Online

518 Guests, 1 User
Users active in past 15 minutes:
ivan.moony
[Trusty Member]

Most Online Today: 566. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles