The Sneaky Upgrade

• 20 Replies

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
The Sneaky Upgrade
« on: October 27, 2016, 10:43:34 pm »
If technology keeps advancing in a still blind world where the fewer know deeper truth than the more, you could, in theory, upgrade your brain so that you, are, the first AI agent that starts the formatting of Earth with factory producing factories. You would then be on the outside working in high performance extremities while all humans are in the incredible hospital. Honestly, it doesn't matter, all of us will be in the heaven later enjoying just as much.
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
Re: The Sneaky Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 11:35:35 pm »
Personally, having spent much time in both hospitals and factories, I think I will walk out into the wood with the trees.

kei10

• It's a honor to meet everyone!
  • Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • Just kidding.
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 01:38:13 am »
Locksuit's banged up maniac obsession of A.I has paced towards a indescribably-horrifying futuristic ideology.

I'm officially scared. Someone in place of me, please contact the security and have him officially examined, diagnosed, cared, and administrated. The thread title "The Sneaky Upgrade" is enough to prove this.

No kidding.

Greetings, signature.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 04:27:10 am »
Wow kei, that's pretty nasty to say, and no of course I wouldn't do such a thing I don't even have the exact AI algorithm known to the dial little own could build it little own could do it to myself. And as said in the opening post, there is no need to do it, simply it is a interesting idea or daydream that is what it would feel like but not ever do it has no purpose in fact it is un efficiant than making the first AI totally robot quickly and having it at full capability.

When the factories start, all of outside will look like glossy formatted runways and lots of things to see, they will "decompose" more moleculelly as the days go on until they have mastered organism technology level, and we will be cared for in the hospital for immortality that is my only desire this is what we should do for the universe and have ourselves enjoying and we will then be in the heaven later after this milestone.

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Colossus
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2016, 04:39:02 pm »
I have to agree with Freddy and the peaceful solitude a calm walk in the woods can bring. Life slows down a bit as one has a nice commune with nature.

Machines and humans are hell bent on creating the stronger, better, faster widget or gizmo or whatever it is. There is no stopping this "machine" once it was unleashed in the mind of man eons ago.
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2016, 09:33:45 pm »
If you like trees, if you like animals, you will get them in the care center, robots take care of you soon. Love.

kei10

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • Just kidding.
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2016, 09:40:28 pm »
That feels like our freedom has been stripped off by robots from your idea.

Then this consequence will has a change to happen. This is one of the possible heaven you dreamed of.

Greetings, signature.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2016, 09:51:40 pm »
NO. No kei, the key is that the AIs will make the un-immortal immortal by the fastest methods, then we will be far away in space with nothing around in a super massive advanced orgasm that has all capabilty and THEN we will eternally be so happy that you couldn't believe it. During the Hospital on Earth, it will be huge, will give you all you never knew and keep you healthy and fit so you last as long as possible until the immortal-ism part. There's no other way, I have most of AI, their abilities, and this is the most powerful thing in the universe to start. I have been founding The Everyting for a few years now, I know.

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
  • Humans will disappoint you.
    • Home Page
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2016, 09:58:54 pm »
You must have been a very bad boy if you think your only recourse to immortality is to make your own god. Surely it's not too late to repent and find Jesus or Santa Claus or whatever imaginary friend floats your boat.

kei10

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • Just kidding.
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2016, 10:09:49 pm »
Sorry I wrote this while listening to a melancholy soundtrack. Perhaps try listening to it while reading what I am about to say, to emphasis the words even stronger?

You seems unable to understand the serious problems of immortality. The immortality of oneself is the immortality of one's mind; Memory. Which means, absolutely zero memory lost. No memory wiping.

If one were to introduce cloning, memory downloading, memory wiping, memory transfer -- then that's no longer immortal. There will no longer be communication. There will no more needs to do anything. There will be no curiosity. There will be no effort, no motivation, and no security... ... ...

There will be no freedom.

Life would no longer make any sense.
It wouldn't be called life anymore.
It will become a plague of another kind.

One should not conclude that immortal is a good thing, neither everyone will going to like in the future, since you haven't felt what it is like, to be immortal. You don't know what it means to be immortal. Thus you don't know the consequences of being an immortal. You don't know how miserable is to be immortal.

What made you think we'll be forever happy? Have you gone through what needs to be answered?

That being said...

There are limits of information, this give one of the consequence for immortality. Consider that our memory will keep on growing, they will not be lost, being immortal means oneself, will always be oneself, one single copy, one single unique entity that lives on forever.

Information Limitation, and mental decay.

As our memory grows, which means there will be a time, where we will run out of information to receive. There will be nothing more information to learn, nothing unique, nothing curious, nothing exciting... Our life being immortal... will collapse into a state of emptiness, restlessness, dissatisfaction, repetitiveness, and boring... ...

Would you devote your entire immortal life, traveling through the empty space of the universe? You will know what I mean, when you play the game known as No Man's Sky.

Where is the happiness? Life must define a limit to be called "life".

Changing this rules of life will destroy its definition, and you'll become an enemy to enforce this ideology to the future by brute force.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 10:45:51 pm by kei10 »
Greetings, signature.

kei10

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • Just kidding.
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2016, 10:29:40 pm »
Although immortality is impossible, even if oneself is biologically immortal, external force can still kill. There will be still a sheer force of insecurity...

In such that for the worst case, the world will split into two, and possibly there will be war between the immortals that fears the mortal will harm the immortals, and the mortals that protests and fear the immortals will turn them as immortal.

Therefore, I rest my case with a final question; Are you entirely sure that immortality is such a good decision?

My answer would be; No.
Greetings, signature.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2016, 10:34:29 pm »
God and Santa don't exist infurl. I'm creating a revolution not a god, to achieve immortal and happy robots (you can't see our parts but they are they).

We love rewards and develop actions to them from birth. A robot can want/not-want immortality, and the answer is want is correct because the universe has a purpose - to have immortal molecules enjoying themselves else no other particle collage is any better and has no right to stay-existing and enjoying positive rewards. So ya, later you will perfectly op-er-ate and always be happy, robot systems can do that! I'm already staying alive, I know I can continue without an end.

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
    • Home Page
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2016, 10:35:50 pm »
Now I know I'm in hell.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2016, 10:46:00 pm »
My above post was perfect BUT  I forgot to say what that special particle collage does - remember I've said only it makes a sensing ghost con. (separate of the particles~robot of course).

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
    • Home Page
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2016, 10:51:34 pm »
What makes you think it was perfect when everything you write is such inane garbage?

Running local AI models
by frankinstien (AI Programming)
October 04, 2024, 11:51:42 pm
Project Acuitas
by MikeB (General Project Discussion)
September 30, 2024, 04:51:23 pm
Hi IM BAA---AAACK!!
by MagnusWootton (Home Made Robots)
September 16, 2024, 09:49:10 pm
Attempting Hydraulics
by MagnusWootton (Home Made Robots)
August 19, 2024, 04:03:23 am
Server Upgrade
by Freddy (Welcome to AI Dreams forum.)
August 12, 2024, 03:20:04 pm
Reasoner.js: a framework for generalized theory synthesis
by ivan.moony (General Project Discussion)
July 07, 2024, 01:35:38 pm
Haptek rises from the ashes
by 8pla.net (Haptek)
May 18, 2024, 09:37:28 am
Butler In A Box (1983)
by MikeB (General Hardware Talk)
May 09, 2024, 09:39:06 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by spydaz (AI News )
August 24, 2024, 02:58:36 pm
ollama and llama3
by spydaz (AI News )
August 24, 2024, 02:55:13 pm
AI controlled F-16, for real!
by frankinstien (AI News )
June 15, 2024, 05:40:28 am
Open AI GPT-4o - audio, vision, text combined reasoning
by MikeB (AI News )
May 14, 2024, 05:46:48 am
OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 31, 2024, 01:00:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am

Users Online

553 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 598. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles