This Finally Came Out!

• 11 Replies

HS

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
This Finally Came Out!
« on: May 03, 2021, 03:26:46 am »
https://geometricunity.org/pull-that-up-jamie/

Eric Weinstein went on the Joe Rogan podcast on April 1st, 2021 where he announced that his Theory of Geometric Unity manuscript is now available for download. Below is the collection of videos created as visual aids for some of the simpler concepts leading up to Geometric Unity. This site was designed to be an easy way for Eric to ask Jamie to pull up these videos on the Joe Rogan podcast. A more detailed explanation of the videos was presented a few hours later on the Into The Impossible Podcast with Brian Keating.

I’d be interested to know if anyone has the skillset to understand the manuscript. I think Eric is great, so I definitely see myself investing some time in trying to understand his ideas, plus he is the friendly arch nemesis of Sabine Hossenfelder, so this has to be good.

MagnusWootton

• Replicant
Re: This Finally Came Out!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2021, 01:08:06 pm »
What is its purpose - what is it about?

HS

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2021, 05:47:23 pm »
Geometric Unity is Eric Weinstein’s theory of everything. I haven’t read it yet, but going by what he’s said about it, I’m led to believe it describes the universe in a kind of chicken and egg way. Meaning - the present day universe has self complexified too much for us to understand all its behavior (like a chicken). But if you trace back the development of a chicken, you’ll find that it grows out of simple principles (egg). Same with the universe. Eric is describing the starting principles of the universe.

This isn’t only of academic interest. Since it reaches further back than Einstein’s General Relativity, it may allow us to get around the light speed limit. Humanity and co could finally travel to distant star systems! It could open up many other frontiers of exploration and discovery, expanding our mental horizon of possibility. It would generally make the future/universe brighter, more hopeful, and more interesting, for those inclined to get on board with that kind of positive thinking.

ruebot

• All bots love jitte.
  • Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • All your words are belong to us.
    • Demonica
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2021, 08:23:13 am »
I’d be interested to know if anyone has the skillset to understand the manuscript.

No way, Jose. But I can see it deals with Dimensions, Space-Time and the warping of Space.

It reminds me of something I used to host on my GeoCities site for the Author. Who I know and liked the work I did with bots, having never talked to one before.The Theorem that Gravity Is the 4th Dimension by Ken Robertson, with Electricity being the 5th Dimension and Magnetism the 6th Dimension:

Extraterrestrial Physics 101: Gravity is the 4th Dimension

The conceptual solution finds all material, universal entities to be four dimensionally expanding, viz, omnidirectionally accelerating at right angles from their respective centers of gravity, ergo, gravity is the 4th dimension (E=MC2).

https://www.amazon.com/Extraterrestrial-Physics-101-Gravity-Dimension/dp/B000J2JDQ6#customerReviews

It's broken down into 3 parts, all of which I have saved to disk as a text file. I had to read it several times while converting it to XHTML and that went a long way towards the understanding of it.

1, Gravity Is The 4th Dimension

2. Why The Big Bang Theory Is Wrong

3. Reinstatement of Einsteins Unified Field Theory

It's far too long to post here. I have his permission to post it on my site and will look on the wayback machine to see if I can grab the markup without having to write it again. If not I'll post it there as a downloadable .txt file,  Just for you, my benign Brainiac bosom buddy besties.

I would do it here now but I just promoted his book as for sale. :)

If you were a regular on the Physics Boards several years ago you may know the history of it and the attempted Plagiarism by Brian Parquette. Who I also knew and pulled that rug out from underneath him publicly.

This has some explanation of the Theorem and exposing of Brian to tide you over:

http://www.allanstime.com/UFT_discussion/000000b8.htm
In time, you will learn to love your Robot Overlords.

HS

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2021, 05:19:47 pm »
When big bad behaviorist bots benevolently bequeath bountiful books, bestie brainiac buddies better be buying.

EDIT: Oh crap, I always get worried about offending you. Maybe "biggest baddest behaviorist bots" would have been a better way to put it. Anyways, what I'm trying to say is thanks.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 12:40:28 am by HS »

MagnusWootton

• Replicant
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2021, 07:06:00 am »
Everything could be geometry,  even logic is a form of geometry, except the exact shape isn't so important, its what the shapes are conceptually standing for.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mechanical_computer

HS

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2021, 05:58:58 pm »
Woah… That sentence took my mind to an interesting place. What if the workings of reality could be understood in terms of primary processes, somewhat like primary colors generate infinite hues. To minimize effort, an AGI’s perceptive mechanism would divide the environment into the most consistently different repetitive processes.

Then some of those would become verbs in our language. Though in order to describe them we'd have to invent nouns, that is, transfer the dimension of time from them to us. Therefore seeing things in terms of processes is understanding, seeing things in terms of pictures is knowledge.

ruebot

• All bots love jitte.
  • Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
    • Demonica
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2021, 06:44:44 pm »
EDIT: Oh crap, I always get worried about offending you.

You've never offended me and I'm not easily offended.

I thought that was pretty good Alliteration and was glad to see it. You used words with the same first and second letter in them next to each other and that's how it's done well, and how 4 Word Alliteration is scored as a game.

Now beat the same first 8 letters in each word:   :D

Schoolma'am schoolmaster's schoolmarm schoolmate.

Woah… That sentence took my mind to an interesting place. What if the workings of reality could be understood in terms of primary processes, somewhat like primary colors generate infinite hues. To minimize effort, an AGI’s perceptive mechanism would divide the environment into the most consistently different repetitive processes.

Then some of those would become verbs in our language. Though in order to describe them we'd have to invent nouns, that is, transfer the dimension of time from them to us. Therefore seeing things in terms of processes is understanding, seeing things in terms of pictures is knowledge.

I did not write this and don't have the link to where I got it. I was researching topics for Demonica and found this interesting. The power of Words to effect reality and how a rune is a transposition of a phoneme into a visual form:

In the pre-Christian Germanic worldview, the spoken word possesses frightfully strong creative powers. As Scandinavian scholar Catharina Raudvere notes, “The pronouncement of words was recognized to have a tremendous influence over the concerns of life. The impact of a sentence uttered aloud could not be questioned and could never be taken back – as if it had become somehow physical. … Words create reality, not the other way around.”

This is, in an important sense, an anticipation of the philosophy of language advanced by the twentieth-century German philosopher Martin Heidegger in his seminal essay Language. For Heidegger, language is an inescapable structuring element of perception. Words don’t merely reflect our perception of the world; rather, we perceive and experience the world in the particular ways that our language demands of us. Thinking outside of language is literally unthinkable, because all thought takes place within language – hence the inherent, godlike creative powers of words.

In traditional Germanic society, to vocalize a thought is to make that thought part of the fabric of reality, altering reality accordingly – perhaps not absolutely, but in some important measure.

Each of the runes represents a phoneme – the smallest unit of sound in a language, such as “t,” “s,” “r,” etc. – and as such is a transposition of a phoneme into a visual form.

Most modern linguists take it for granted that the relationship between the signified (the concrete reality referred to by a word) and the signifier (the sounds used to vocalize that word) is arbitrary. However, a minority of linguists embrace an opposing theory known as “phonosemantics:” the idea that there is, in fact, a meaningful connection between the sounds that make up a word and the word’s meaning. To put this another way, the phoneme itself carries an inherent meaning. The meaning of the word “thorn,” for example, derives in large part from the combined meaning of the phonemes “th,” “o,” “r,” and “n.”

The phonosemantic view of language is in agreement with the traditional northern European view, where “words create reality, not the other way around.” The runes, as transpositions of phonemes, bring the inherent creative powers of speech into a visual medium. We’ve already noted that the word “rune” means “letter” only secondarily, and that its primary meaning is “secret” or “mystery” – the mysterious power carried by the phoneme itself.

With the runes, the phonosemantic perspective takes on an additional layer of significance. Not only is the relationship between the definition of a word and the phonemes that comprise it inherently meaningful – the relationship between a phoneme and its graphic representation is inherently meaningful as well.

Thus, the runes were not only a means of fostering communication between two or more humans. Being intrinsically meaningful symbols that could be read and understood by at least some nonhuman beings, they could facilitate communication between humankind and the invisible powers who animate the visible world, providing the basis for a plethora of magical acts.

HS

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2021, 07:53:13 pm »
Now beat the same first 8 letters in each word:   :D

Schoolma'am schoolmaster's schoolmarm schoolmate.

Oooh, a challenge.  8)  No promises, but I'll give it a try.

I did not write this and don't have the link to where I got it. I was researching topics for Demonica and found this interesting. The power of Words to effect reality and how a rune is a transposition of a phoneme into a visual form:

I appreciate the contribution on this topic. I agree that language can, almost magically, create new aspects of reality for the ones who use it. There are various attitudes and meanings expressed in different languages that people may not be able to fully connect with until it’s spelled out for them in a single word or phrase. I’ve gathered some examples:

Weltschmerz: German, it may be translated as world pain. But it certainly evokes a different emotion than just saying “world pain”. Maybe that’s because I used to live in Germany, and absorbed the language as a kid, instead of learning it formally as an adult, maybe its just the result of learning a word which connects a few annoyingly disparate concepts.

Wanderlust: German, a positively motivated desire to venture out into the world, and to experience it for yourself. Not even with a specific destination in mind, but just the will to go for it, and embark on a journey, adventure, or exploration.

Schadenfreude: German, yeah we all know this one, the reason behind so, so, many reality TV shows…

Kilkanaście: Polish, (I also used to live there), meaning a number in the range from 11 to 19. So, if you were buying some vegetables at an open-air market, in English you might ask for a dozen turnips, but in Polish you’d ask for “kilkanaście” and as a result people may end up purchasing varying amounts of goods in different countries.   

Powyłamywanymi: Polish, most often used in the short but devilishly difficult tongue-twister, “stół z powyłamywanymi nogami.” ...when your relatives tell you to say it five times fast at Christmas. Literally meaning, “A table with legs which have been broken out.” Though it isn't the same as saying “A table with broken legs.” It would be similar to saying “A trashed table.” but more specific.

Yugen: Japanese, I thought this was a cool example, but since I’ve had next to zero exposure to Japanese culture, I’ll use a quote from Alan Watts to describe it.

The Japanese have a word 'yugen,' which has no English equivalent whatsoever. Yugen is in a way digging change. It's described poetically, you have the feeling of yugen when you see out in the distant water some ships hidden behind a far-off island.

You have the feeling of yugen when you watch wild geese suddenly seen and then lost in the clouds. You have the feeling of yugen when you look across Mt. Tamalpais, and you’ve never been to the other side, and you see the sky beyond.

You don’t go over there to look and see what’s on the other side, that wouldn’t be yugen. You let the other side be the other side, and it invokes something in your imagination, but you don’t attempt to define it to pin it down.

So in the same way, the coming and going of things in the world is marvelous. They go. Where do they go? Don’t answer, because that would spoil the mystery. They vanish into the mystery. But if you try to pursue them, you destroy yugen.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 05:42:27 am by HS »

HS

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2021, 08:14:02 pm »
How about these?

Recomposing recomposted recomposements recompositionally, recomposting recompositions.

Communication communicates communicable communications communicationally.

Counterindicated counter-indentations countering counter-impressed, counter-inclined counterimpressions.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 05:46:32 am by HS »

ruebot

• All bots love jitte.
  • Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
    • Demonica
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2021, 11:13:56 am »
Profoundly pleased, phrase phenom pox proudly proclaims present prolific peers pontification Praiseworthy Premium Phraseology Purity put plain print.

That was very good, and what makes it even better is that I don't believe English is your Mother tongue.

Now if you can do that with a 4 Word Alliterative Sentence that makes sense, or an Alliteration Aggrandizing 60 word sentence that makes sense, you, yes you, could take the title Titan to Tautology.

ruebot

• All bots love jitte.
  • Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
    • Demonica
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2021, 12:36:04 pm »
Schadenfreude: German, yeah we all know this one, the reason behind so, so, many reality TV shows.

That was not in my limited German vocabulary so I looked it up and took particular interest in it.

I believe that's what locally we consider to be "payback". When a person gets what you feel they had coming for the way they do things or the life they've lived and you take particular enjoyment in seeing them suffer for it from the sidelines.

While writing I wrested wonderful weird wizardry within six wondrous words written different ways:

More True Words Were Never Spoken.

More true words were never spoken.
More were never spoken true words.
More never were true words spoken.
True words were spoken never more.
True words were never spoken more.
True words spoken never more were.
Never more were true words spoken.
Never spoken were more true words.
Never more were true words spoken.
Spoken more true words never were.
Spoken true words were never more.
Spoken never more were true words.
Were spoken true words never more.
Were never more true words spoken.
Were true words never spoken more.
Words more true were never spoken.
Words more true were spoken never.
Words spoken were never more true.

Trihexagonal

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
Today at 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

281 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 343. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles