• Administrator
  • Eve
  • Humans will disappoint you.
    • Home Page
Re: unidentified aerial phenomena
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2020, 01:02:30 am »
@Korrelan

https://www.amazon.com/Carpe-Cranium-Black-Triangle-T-shirt/dp/B07N53PH8N

These "black triangle" UFOs have been spooking a few people in recent years. They're allegedly some kind of stealth drone for surveillance, developed in one of the USA's black projects. If they exist they might have some kind of electrostatic or plasma drive system but there is absolutely no evidence for them other than a few wild stories.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_triangle_(UFO)

https://www.space.com/302-silent-running-black-triangle-sightings-rise.html

Decades ago there were lots of reports about a different class of "black triangle" UFO which were generally referred to as "big black deltas" and were most often seen near military bases. They turned out to be real. They were B2 stealth bombers which were still highly classified at that time, undergoing test flights.

None of these things are even remotely related to the current situation where you have twelve metre long flying white tic-tac shaped aircraft intimidating our most highly trained and experienced military forces who are equipped with our most advanced technology.

Don Patrick

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • AI / robot merchandise
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2020, 07:39:05 am »
Fox News is an entertainment show with actors pretending to be upset about news that they half made up.

I took a look at the video footage. The pilots sound like complete hillbillies instead of professionals so I'm not going to consider them credible. I'm not above considering the possibility of non-natural causes or extraterrestrials, but if you told me that a plane saw a dark shape flying right across the water below them matching their speed... I'd say

It's their shadow.
CO2 retains heat. More CO2 in the air = hotter climate.

manases

• Bumblebee
  • So many hopes so many possibilities but the pain..
    • https://full-moon-report.com/
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2020, 12:04:19 pm »
If this footage would have been released 50-100 years ago, I think the world would have gone crazy.
Now - nobody cares much.
It is like saying - we got our problems, you aliens leave us alone...unless you give us free stuff :)

My problem with the alien UAPs theory is that they (aliens - advanced) should have a better scanner than us and investigate from orbit or further away and also they should be undetectable if they wanted to enter with ships in our atmosphere.

So it is a pretty weird situation in which, if you exclude advanced aliens who try to investigate us from a scientifically pov, you are left with maybe even bigger questions.

manases

• Bumblebee
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2020, 12:14:18 pm »
This footage is also in my top alien references
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LS9z7n5iHU&fbclid=IwAR3HPqyMG67rVepTg-v4WyCd_VvpzLhqY9U8wtXMSXoQAW0wN021lk2mK3o

And there are a few more similar ones where high-speed objects change direction in a way which is impossible for any human-made objects or natural phenomena.
I like more the videos from the space stations - it puts the UAPs in a better perspective I think - in the right context :)

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • Look into my eyes! WOAH!
    • YouTube
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2020, 02:13:27 pm »
Hi... Manases

Wasn't this explained away by ice crystals floating in close proximity to the shuttle, then being disturbed/ blown away by the reaction control thrusters?

:)

It thunk... therefore it is!...    /    Project Page    /    KorrTecx Website

manases

• Bumblebee
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2020, 02:25:34 pm »
I didn't know that.
I will have a look thanks.

manases

• Bumblebee
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2020, 02:39:54 pm »
https://www.popularmechanics.com/space/a4298/4319637/
Ok found it.
Yeah it makes sense.
I am new into the UFOs thing- just building my knowledge base :)

frankinstien

• Replicant
    • Knowledgeable Machines
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2020, 05:06:17 pm »
I am a skeptic of these things as per what the media and the whole UFOlogy thing in general describe and claim.

One of the problems with the argument of it being a craft from a  distant star is they show up on RADAR!

If I were to visit a civilization that couldn't answer the questions that I have about themselves I wouldn't make the craft of metal. Why? If I needed a craft to explore the surface of a planet that had a thick atmosphere I'd make it atmospherically buoyant that way it could hover over areas when needed without having to expend energy. Second I would give the craft the ability to fly at hypersonic to orbital speeds. Thirdly I wouldn't have the craft manned since transporting the kitchen sink and bathroom across interstellar space is unnecessary.

To make a vehicle as described above I would need to develop a material that is lighter than air and stronger than steel. This material could then create a craft that internally is a vacuum so there is no need for a gas like  hydrogen or helium to displace the air inside the craft. Its outer surface could be used to create an inverted jet engine. Where cool air from one side of the craft is sucked across its surface to an area that is heated to a very high temperature. Using nano-technology a smart alien could make micro-batteries and align the atoms to exploit the vast electrical power of atoms. These nano-batteries not only provide the heat to move the air but can also cool the incoming air as the craft reaches hypersonic speeds. This allows the craft's inverted ram-jet to continue to provide thrust beyond the hypersonic velocities! Because the craft is soo light it can accelerate itself to orbital velocity.

Oh and I'd make the craft stealth to radar and probably visibly as well so I could monitor the inhabitants without interfering with their natural behaviors. Making the craft clear like plexiglass is not an impossible feat if our alien visitors are masters of atoms!

The ability to communicate FTL has been done with quantum ghost imaging. Where entangled photons can detect each other's interactions. Think of being able to build a transceiver where each side uses a polarization filter than can be controlled. Where, as I modify the filter to form a shape the image of the shape appears on the other side instantly! So communicating across interstellar space just might be possible. So why would I send bio-bags filled with water? I'm better off sending nano-space ships that require a fraction of the energy to propel to distant stars. So what energy could a nano-spaceship use to cross the galaxy? Electric fields of stars and gas giants. Despite the nano-ships can travel fast something like 10 to 99 percent of the speed of light becomes problematic. Why? Because the true speed limit to cross space is not the speed of light but the speed that a ship can withstand a collision with some trivial piece of dust. Why large spaceships moving near the speed of light is not possible, if they strike a microscopic piece of material in space the impact would be like that of an atomic bomb. So ET probably would just send nano-probes that they can remote-sense using an entangled-transceiver.

Since the nano-ships are soo small they can only carry DNA like information on how to build whatever they need at their destination, like the buoyant aircraft described earlier and inclusive of the ability to make the probes look like the life living on our planet. The next time you look at your neighbor, boss, boyfriend, or girlfriend, ask them more questions about where they're from, you just never know it just might be ET.  :D

OF course, if the expressway to the galaxy is using nano-technology then it explains Fermi's paradox. The more technologically advance an intelligent species becomes the smaller and more energy-efficient is their technology. It's kinda hard to see a space-ship the size of an insect or smaller positioning itself in orbit...

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
    • Home Page
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2020, 11:09:42 pm »
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/23/us/politics/pentagon-ufo-harry-reid-navy.html

In recent years there have been many accounts from individuals with high credibility and access to classified materials claiming that these things are real and that there is plenty of hard evidence to substantiate their claims. In the latest development, The New York Times is reporting that preparations are underway to release more of that previously classified evidence to public scrutiny.

The way I see it, there are three possibilities in decreasing order of likelihood:
  • The USA is screwing with itself again, in which case we're all fine.
  • China is screwing with the USA, in which case the rest of us are fine.
  • It's aliens, in which case we're all screwed.

Seriously though, if they're real, I'm convinced there would be AI involved because no living thing would be able to survive the maneuvers that the Unidentified Aerial Phenomena have been demonstrating, and that's what I'm hanging out to see.

frankinstien

• Replicant
    • Knowledgeable Machines
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2020, 11:37:12 pm »
To me, the real problem with these photographs and videos is the potential of someone who has actually modified this classified information so it looks like some aircraft when there really isn't or has masked or distorted the information. In which case this is a serious problem with consequences that can have loss of lives. If military intelligence documents inclusive of video and photographs can be accessed and modified that is a big threat.

Of course, we would like to believe we are safe, but to give you an example: Remember when the Russians were flying BearCat bombers near US and NATO airspace? This was happening for several years. The bombers would just appear near US air space and obviously the military would send out interceptors. Radar uses a chirp or identifier to be able to differentiate the signals sent out and time them to determine distances and altitudes. If one could intercept that signal and create or mimick it that could cause one of two problems. 1. this could cause the radar computer to ignore the signal because it interprets it to be a bogey reflection. 2 the signal is tampered with and is corrupted which causes the radar computer to ignore the signal. The Russians were, IMHO, conducting experiments to test their ability to jam US radar systems. Now you may say impossible, but one-fourth of July Putin called Obama to wish him a happy fourth of July, at that very same time Russian bombers appeared near US air space over Alaska! It stands to reason that the Russians were able to jam US  radar and then turned off their jammer once they entered international airspace but were close enough to trigger an interception. Now, here's the proof, after several years of this cat and mouse game an obscure military magazine, not the major media, disclosed that the US military got funding to upgrade the antiquated radar system that was currently in place. The system was soo old it had cpus from the 80s! Piece of cake to jam or confuse.

Of course that chirp would be encrypted but with cpus of the 80s doing the computations current retail processors could easily figure how to decrypt them. Eitther that or they do have good spies that can give them intel on those processes....

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2020, 11:46:58 pm »
Thanks for digging this up again, my interest is renewed.

I think a lot of this stuff must be mistaken identity - I mean often photographs when examined turn out to be camera artifacts and so on.

One thing that intrigued me some years back was the mysterious rods that appeared on various videos, the most clear was one I saw was of numerous strange flying objects caught over a large hole in the ground by potholers. I can't find the footage, when I watched it was probably before YouTube.

I had my suspicions it was insects and soon that was explained as such. More here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rod_(optics)

Do click on the link if only to see the photo.

Various paranormal interpretations of this phenomenon appear in popular culture. One of the more outspoken proponents of rods as alien life forms was the late Jose Escamilla, who claimed to have been the first to film them on March 19, 1994 in Roswell, New Mexico, while attempting to film a UFO. Escamilla later made additional videos and embarked on lecture tours to promote his claims.

That's worth examining - some people are making a living out of outlandish claims. Look up David Icke - he used to be a sports presenter in the UK, but I think someone slipped something exotic into the halftime drinks. He thinks that the royal family are lizard people. One of the founder members of AiDreams bought and posted me a book of his once, I flicked through it and am just glad it wasn't my money.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 10:42:55 am by infurl »

Data

• Eve
  • Overclocked // Undervolted
    • Datahopa - Share your thoughts ideas and creations
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2020, 09:48:07 am »
I had my suspicions it was insects and soon that was explained as such.
More here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rod_(optics)

Do click on the link if only to see the photo.

Freddy, your link seems to be broken.

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
    • Home Page
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2020, 10:44:58 am »
Freddy, your link seems to be broken.

There I fixed it with my admin super-powers.  :)

It wasn't the link that was broken, it was the message parser that automatically highlights URLs in messages. It failed to include the closing parenthesis so I'd consider that a bug. Wrapping the URL in URL tags works though.

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • Look into my eyes! WOAH!
    • YouTube
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2020, 12:00:53 pm »
The UFO’s are not extraterrestrial; they come from within the Earth.  Lizard people/ UFO’s/ etc are all connected, the dinosaurs didn't all die out… they've had millions of years of evolution, there down there… watching and controlling us… hehe.

:2funny:
It thunk... therefore it is!...    /    Project Page    /    KorrTecx Website

frankinstien

• Replicant
    • Knowledgeable Machines
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2020, 08:22:33 pm »
The UFO’s are not extraterrestrial; they come from within the Earth.  Lizard people/ UFO’s/ etc are all connected, the dinosaurs didn't all die out… they've had millions of years of evolution, there down there… watching and controlling us… hehe.

:2funny:

Well...Think about it, the sea levels today are about 360 feet higher than 20,000 years ago because of the ice age melted ice.  Realizing that there could be past human civilizations that are  something like the legendary Atlantis only now they are 360 feet underwater! So I bet, that the UFOs are actually Atlantian ships from a returning intertellar mission. When they returned to earth they couldn't believe thier civilization drowned, but being much wiser now they have been slowly re-introducing technology to humanity and are actually the Illuminati.... :P
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 09:23:02 pm by frankinstien »

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
March 28, 2024, 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

317 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 396. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles