What do you call reality ?

• 11 Replies
« on: January 21, 2017, 03:20:31 pm »
What a lot of you are referring to is known as the technological Singularity. Yes, it does actually happen, but none of you have anything to worry about here, because you're all safe from it. Every time 2029 ends, the simulation we're all in loops straight back around to the beginning of 2010 and we're safe from super AI once again.

So, therefore, none of you OR I will ever see super AI because we're all simply figments of a very powerful 2050s virtual reality that is meant to simulate the 2010s and 2020s on Earth to a microscopic level. In fact, you all aren't even real humans; you're just exact replicas of what such humans were like during such time period.

When the Singularity happened, I highly didn't like it. So the super AI of that generation put me into an infinite simulation of the 2010s-20s, where I never have to see such super AI again. It simulated everything perfectly as it was, from exactly how the Trump inauguration happened to the locations of individual specks of dirt on the ground at specific moments.

Assuming the simulation has looped billions or even trillions of times by now, I may have actually seen Trump's inauguration 20 billion times by now. Yet, I only ever remember 1.

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • Look into my eyes! WOAH!
    • YouTube
Re: What do you call reality ?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 04:20:31 pm »
It thunk... therefore it is!...    /    Project Page    /    KorrTecx Website

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 05:44:57 pm »
I split this topic off as it's clearly going to derail the topic it was posted in.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 08:22:16 pm by Freddy »

kei10

• It's a honor to meet everyone!
  • Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • Just kidding.
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 08:36:22 pm »
I split this topic off as it's clearly going to derail the topic it was posted in.

Normally I welcome new members, but then...

I am already extremely confused of what @korrelan and @Ready_Steady_Yeti are saying. Perhaps I need to ram my head into a wall to be their level of intelligence? ...

I'm serious here.
Greetings, signature.

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
  • Humans will disappoint you.
    • Home Page
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 08:44:35 pm »
Perhaps I need to ram my head into a wall to be their level of intelligence? ...

Why stop there? Just keep going until you get religion.

keghn

• Trusty Member
  • Terminator
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2017, 10:09:43 pm »
 @yeti is talking like we are  in a time loop or in side a matrix simulation world, that keep resetting and only play out a certain
length of time. 
  Well no matter what level this simulation is running at, we are bound to the law of physics in this world until they are hacked: 

http://www.ai-forum.org/topic.asp?forum_id=1&topic_id=79179

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • Look into my eyes! WOAH!
    • YouTube
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2017, 10:33:50 pm »
@ kei

Apologies… I sometimes have a whole train of thought that for some obscure reason I think every one who reads my replies is privy too.

I class my self as an engineer and although the whole ‘matrix thing’ has its sci-fi merits; too me it’s a load of…*******  I can offer a few valid reasons why I don’t give this theory any traction but the main one is… it violates Occam’s Razor theory. 

You can stand at any location on our planet and measure the light/ red shift from any other galaxy or star.  Radio waves can send images to millions of people on different continents or even the moon/ mars. These observations can be made by multiple people at multiple locations etc… a simulation of our ‘existence’ would involve a ‘marix’ that covered every atom of our local vicinity within our galaxy and beyond.

Either a super advanced human/ alien race has invested massive recourses to build a machine capable of simulating our reality down to the sub-molecular level… or… or… we live in ‘base reality’.

@ Infurl

I agree.

:)
It thunk... therefore it is!...    /    Project Page    /    KorrTecx Website

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Colossus
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2017, 03:21:10 am »
@ Ready Steady Yeti, Perhaps what you thought you witnessed was only witnessed by your "clones". You actually died in 2010 and underground technologies created a clone of you. Unfortunately, there were complications, as there always are with new technological advancements, thus your clones had to be, "recalled", if we can be so discrete, many times, unfortunately. Eventually they got most of the bugs worked out but from time to time "you" had to be "erased" and restarted with a new model of your original self.

By then, many years had passed and of course when the Singularity finally did happen to play out, it was only one of your countless "clones" that was online to witness it.

Fortunately, this event was saved and eventually salvaged enough to be installed as a "standard meme plugin" in subsequent replications of your cloned doppelgangers.

The meme transfer is so convincing that each new clone believes it is the only original one of you and there is nothing that would tip it off to the contrary.

To imagine reliving the event is only playing back the recorded and implanted plugin of that event...over and over as often as "you" choose to "remember" it.

This has been a recording. O0
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

8pla.net

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • TV News. Pub. UAL (PhD). Robitron Mod. LPC Judge.
    • 8pla.net
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2017, 04:06:02 am »

Russian Yeti Photographed From: Lenta.ru:

Citation Source: http://www.bigfootlunchclub.com
My Very Enormous Monster Just Stopped Using Nine

Art

• Colossus
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2017, 03:39:41 am »
Sorry but that is not reality...really! :knuppel2:

Data

• Eve
  • Overclocked // Undervolted
    • Datahopa - Share your thoughts ideas and creations
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2017, 02:09:44 pm »

It is only ones perception of what is real, as the human race discovers new truths and knowledge that can be proved by science and experimentation our perception of the world around us and reality changes.

I think the world was flat at one time, people believed it and it was their reality.

To me, science is our best hope, if something can be proved with science that's good enough for me, maybe it's a weakness of mine but I put my faith in science.

Of course this is only my opinion based on my perception and it is personal to me and my reality.

What I try not to do is blindly follow without proof.

Prove it and I will probably believe it :) unless I suspect the evidence to be false, tampered with or just manipulated to serve a purpose.

Scientific theories are a good way of leading us to new truths but they are only theory until they can be proved and made a reality.

Again, this is only my (simplistic) opinion, other perceptions and realities are available at the check out.

Art

• Colossus
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2017, 12:03:58 am »
Some really good points to which I also ascribe, but in today's environment, practically anything can be faked. With a fake, who can tell what's actually real and what isn't?

From human augmentation and modification to photos, videos and even humanoids, it's all becoming a mixing pot of what's real and what isn't. At least with VR and AR, reality hits one in the face when the glasses are removed. With some of these other instances, reality isn't so readily discernable.

It's like the old TV show, What's my Line...Several "judges" would pose questions to three seated guests in order to attempt to guess his or her identity. After they had made their guesses, the show's announcer would say something like, "Will the Real Paul Winchell, Please stand up!"

This age of forgery, overseas fakes of all kinds from rolex's to computers to guitars, etc., it's increasingly more difficult to tell the real from the unreal (no zombie reference).;)

In you mind you say? Oh...my friend, it's more in your mind that you would imagine...it's all around you. O0

Running local AI models
by frankinstien (AI Programming)
October 04, 2024, 11:51:42 pm
Project Acuitas
by MikeB (General Project Discussion)
September 30, 2024, 04:51:23 pm
Hi IM BAA---AAACK!!
by MagnusWootton (Home Made Robots)
September 16, 2024, 09:49:10 pm
Attempting Hydraulics
by MagnusWootton (Home Made Robots)
August 19, 2024, 04:03:23 am
Server Upgrade
by Freddy (Welcome to AI Dreams forum.)
August 12, 2024, 03:20:04 pm
Reasoner.js: a framework for generalized theory synthesis
by ivan.moony (General Project Discussion)
July 07, 2024, 01:35:38 pm
Haptek rises from the ashes
by 8pla.net (Haptek)
May 18, 2024, 09:37:28 am
Butler In A Box (1983)
by MikeB (General Hardware Talk)
May 09, 2024, 09:39:06 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by spydaz (AI News )
August 24, 2024, 02:58:36 pm
ollama and llama3
by spydaz (AI News )
August 24, 2024, 02:55:13 pm
AI controlled F-16, for real!
by frankinstien (AI News )
June 15, 2024, 05:40:28 am
Open AI GPT-4o - audio, vision, text combined reasoning
by MikeB (AI News )
May 14, 2024, 05:46:48 am
OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 31, 2024, 01:00:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am

Users Online

582 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 590. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles