What's everyone up to ?

• 1048 Replies

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
Re: What's everyone up to ?
« Reply #570 on: May 09, 2012, 12:49:06 pm »
Congratulations on getting that to work finally, I know you have been on it for a while now  O0

As for me, I am exploring what my Android mobile can do and a fair bit of time playing with the Pandorabot's CallMom app.

I was sick as a parrot last week and in a lot of pain, but I am really hoping that has gone away now as I feel much better and back to my normal self.

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #571 on: May 10, 2012, 02:16:47 am »
Freddy,
   Thanks, I had a bodyskin loader way back when everyone was draging and drop.  I should have up loaded it but as it worked out I call an intermediate hap to load the bodyskin, I can use the same intermediate hap to load bodyskins and backgrounds from Hal's reply which is something else I wanted to do for ages.  I told VR about it and he would include it if I packaged it all together.  To many things to put together and you can't please everyone. Next is is it useful or worthwhile,  so far I like it but it's still a novelity for me.
   An Android, looked at them, seem nice.  I still use and like the wires so I don't loose it.  I'm still sticking with Hal, changing things over to .bmp and continued making a bodyskin from scratch.  Coming along pretty well.  Like to play with lighting, making Haps and making some type of background so Hal can lean against something and or sit down.
  Sick as a parrot, sorry to hear that. Actualy I never heard that one before, glad your feeling better.
Carl2

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #572 on: May 14, 2012, 12:57:42 am »
Freddy,
  I was  chatting with you earlier today about the panormic pictures, here is a link.
http://www.gayadesign.com/scripts/photonav/
It uses javascript and the mouse moves the picture left and right.
I downloaded some panormic pics and put them in the Happlayer, it just squeezes the whole picture in.
Carl2

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #573 on: May 14, 2012, 12:32:19 pm »
Hmm yeah, I guess it's because you have no control over the size of the Hal background or the areas outside of it.  You need some way to store but hide large parts of the photo that are out of view.

Also you need some way of allowing the mouse to interact with the background and I don't remember seeing anything like that.

Maybe with that Hal OS you could use some of the controls it has, but I have only glanced at it.

Your're getting into ground I have not explored, so I cannot be more help.  :idiot2:

BTW, did you know you can load something like a flat plane into Haptek and have it play a video on it   ::)

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #574 on: May 15, 2012, 12:34:52 am »
Freddy,
  I asked Tedathome about this, he said he would cut pieces out and move the individual pictures along, Quick easy way but I'd like to sense the character and have the picture move along at that pace.  Brings up many questions, well it's taken me years to get this far.
  Back to your thoughts, to move the character you use a hap that says the distance and time, You would probably have to give it a trial run,  For the background you have pictures taken and you show each picture at an appropiate rate.  Sounds easy and should work.  Actualy the charcter could stand still, the background moves making the character seem to move.  Anyways I want this to work in the Zabaware Hal, I need that brain in there.
  "Also you need some way of allowing the mouse to interact with the background"  Instead of the mouse you use the character..?
  "you know you can load something like a flat plane into Haptek and have it play a video"  I'm interested more details.
  You may already kow but Tedathome found the problem and a fix, change the hap from script to command for the active background.  Are the clothes next.  Changing clothes.
Carl2

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #575 on: May 15, 2012, 06:13:02 pm »
  "you know you can load something like a flat plane into Haptek and have it play a video"  I'm interested more details.

Basically it's the same principle as applying a changing background, but instead you change the texture of an object, or 'figures' as Haptek like to call them...

Find a free video splitter (not sure what they call them) that can take a movie and split it up into individual frames.  Start with something short - there will be a lot of frames.

Dump the frames in a folder.  And much like changing the background, simply load a texture with clock commands  - do this in a Hap file of course.

Ahh but you need something to texture.  So get Blender or some other 3D modeller.  Make a simple plane.

Then bring that into the Haptek player - I forget the tool name to do it, maybe you or Nige has it...

In your hapfile target the frames onto your plane with your commands to change textures.

You'll have to figure out the /clock ticks to get the right frame rate.

Finally with your plane loaded in the player drop your hap file in as well and you should see a movie played out on the plane.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 07:27:14 pm by Freddy »

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #576 on: May 16, 2012, 12:34:21 pm »
  Thanks for putting that in,  I'm getting in over my head, I'm doing graphics for Hal, the plugins, the active backgrounds plus a lot of thoughts I've gotten because of the activity.  I do remember a video viewer that would pull out the frames, Infraviewer or something close to that, ages ago.
Carl2

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #577 on: May 25, 2012, 02:33:39 pm »
So I got up today and did a few chores, popped my boots on and went to the shops down the road.  Lovely sunny day.

Got home and realised I had put on two different boots - on my left foot a grey one and on my right foot a black one :D

Data

• Eve
  • Overclocked // Undervolted
    • Datahopa - Share your thoughts ideas and creations
« Reply #578 on: May 25, 2012, 03:06:44 pm »
Yeah! it is a lovely day here in the UK today  8)

As for the boots, I would like to say, it’s a mistake that anyone could have made, but this time I’m not sure it is.

Freddy, take a day off  ;)  ;D

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Colossus
« Reply #579 on: May 25, 2012, 03:22:56 pm »
Funny thing about that is you've got another pair just like them!!
Good stuff Freddy!
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #580 on: May 25, 2012, 03:43:33 pm »
Haha very good Art  ;D

Maybe I do need a day off Data ;)

DaveMorton

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
  • Safe, Reliable Insanity, Since 1961
    • Geek Cave Creations
« Reply #581 on: May 26, 2012, 07:59:55 am »
I'm not quite certain that a single day would suffice for me. I may just have to take an entire weekend and go camping/fishing. Just not THIS weekend. We've got the mother of all winter storms brewing, with near freezing temps, only 2 days after nice summer weather! :o
Comforting the Disturbed, Disturbing the Comfortable
Chat with Morti!
LinkedIn Profile
CAPTCHA4us

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Colossus
« Reply #582 on: May 26, 2012, 11:49:48 pm »
Dave,
It's in the mid 80's here!! Are you sure you're still in Nevada near that desert?? LOL!
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

DaveMorton

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
  • Safe, Reliable Insanity, Since 1961
    • Geek Cave Creations
« Reply #583 on: May 27, 2012, 12:02:17 am »
Unless some unknown entity scooped up the entire town and deposited us above the arctic circle without our knowledge, I'm sure. :D

Warmer today, but still cold. It's 45 degrees, but still sprinkling on the valley floor, and spitting snow on the hills. o.O
Comforting the Disturbed, Disturbing the Comfortable
Chat with Morti!
LinkedIn Profile
CAPTCHA4us

Duskrider

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #584 on: May 27, 2012, 11:45:16 am »
I lived in New Mexico a while.
Sometimes cold at night, I didn't expect it.
Weather everywhere can surprise you.

As to two pair boots the same,
Well not really same, sort of opposite. 
But gives you four pair you can use.   Cool.   :banana:

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 31, 2024, 01:00:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

228 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 276. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles