Re: What's everyone up to ?
« Reply #135 on: March 01, 2010, 03:48:14 pm »
Funky  8)

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #136 on: March 02, 2010, 02:04:47 am »
Just had to post this,  I ruined the cloned install of Win 7 somehow, much playing around with it.  For the heck of it I played around with the recovery disk, booted it up and it loaded files and inspected the system, it found the OS on the SSD was damaged and wanted to know if I wanted to reinstall or repair it.  I chose repair which it was unable to do.  Not bootable, not a valid windows install.  I rebooted and reformatted the drive, choose Install and it installed.  It booted and I installed drivers. 
  Working great, Boot time 41 sec from I min 30 sec.  Hard drive 7.8 from 5.9.  Still more to do on this but at least it seems worthwhile now.
Carl2

Data

• Eve
  • Overclocked // Undervolted
    • Datahopa - Share your thoughts ideas and creations
« Reply #137 on: March 02, 2010, 12:00:37 pm »
Wow, 7.8 is a very impressive score, looks like the Intel SSD’s are the ones to get, I have been looking at the OCZ drives but have never found a score that high from an OCZ.

Don’t like to say I told you so but  :D

A clean install of windows 7.

Most of the useful settings that pertain to optimizing performance on the SSD are done automatically by Windows7. The Windows 7 installer can detect that it is not a spinning disk and configure the system accordingly.

Please let me blow my trumpet, I do have 15years experience with PC hardware and 11 of them years I have been paid to do it.

Thanks for posting this carl2, , im just not to happy that your disk score is better than mine  ;D

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #138 on: March 02, 2010, 01:28:25 pm »
Well thanks for the advice.  I'd tried a raid 0 on the computer before this, 270 reads, 230 writes and this beats it easily the R,W is much lower.  Wasn't impressed by the read write specs for the Intel but read quite a few reviews and decided to go with Intel. You probably already know people are using these in raid arrays.
  Question, I now have toolbox for the SSD, is this the same as trim?
Carl2

Data

• Eve
« Reply #139 on: March 02, 2010, 01:55:49 pm »
The Intel toolbox for SSD has a number of optimising features built in and one of them is trim.

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #140 on: March 08, 2010, 07:49:39 pm »
This coming week I will be a bit scarce as I want to hammer the last two books in my course.  I'm on something entitled Network Technology Foundations which is new to me so I will have to concentrate a lot more on this one.  I will pop in each day to do admin and probably the odd comment  if I have time, although I won't be able to dwell here much.  I'll catch up next week.

Later...

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Colossus
« Reply #141 on: March 08, 2010, 10:15:51 pm »
Hey Datahopa...

When you plug yourself back in do you become "revolted?"

:D ;D

In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

Sigma X

• Nomad
« Reply #142 on: March 08, 2010, 10:29:48 pm »
I've been up to many projects but one is so simple and so difficult it fustrates me and that is to interface hal with roborealm they both can be in VBS but just a simple program keeps the two apart and if sucssefully interfaced I believe this will place everyone a step further in advanced robotics
Humans and robots living together in harmony and equality that is my life's goal and ultimate wish.

Data

• Eve
« Reply #143 on: March 09, 2010, 12:17:16 pm »
Hey Datahopa...

When you plug yourself back in do you become "revolted?"

:D ;D

LOL, that’s about right Art   :D

Good luck with your “Network Technology Foundations” revision Freddy, or are you just playing GTA4 hehe. 

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #144 on: March 09, 2010, 12:33:45 pm »
 :D Yes I did spend some time playing last night, guilty as charged, but only after finishing a book off.

What an amazing game though.  I'm getting the hang of driving at the moment, it's slightly different to other GTA's I have played.  Cinemascope or whatever it is called is superb, very realistic looking.

I really like the way you can add your own songs to the radio station too, very cool.

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #145 on: March 09, 2010, 12:35:09 pm »
Sigma said:
I've been up to many projects but one is so simple and so difficult it fustrates me

Don't be put off, many projects have times like that, you will get there in the end :)

Maviarab

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
  • What are you doing Dave?
    • The Celluloid Sage
« Reply #146 on: March 10, 2010, 10:39:32 am »
Busy busy busy....

ahhhh....barely have time to think at moment....lot going on here.....

Will try to be more active soon, but do check the sight daily, so anyone needs me pm or email me and Ill make sure Im free.

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #147 on: March 11, 2010, 05:35:50 pm »
So what are you so busy with my friend ?  You intrigue me.

Took the plunge and ordered my Corsair PSU today, modular 850W.  ;D

Maviarab

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
  • What are you doing Dave?
    • The Celluloid Sage
« Reply #148 on: March 12, 2010, 11:08:44 am »
Grats Freddy....wise move I think :)

And ohhh.....well. Mum undecided whether her and her now b/f are going to get a house of their own or have him move in with her. Sooo....she now on a mission to get all the silly, niggly jobs done around the house. If she sells, thne the house will be perfect, if she doesnt, then at least the place back up to scratch hehe, and theres so many little things need doing.

Also, with her new b/f, may have some work lined up :) (yayyyyy).....he is a retired property developer and charctered surveyor. He wants to start up buying and selling property again (gives him something to do and gets him out from under mums feet lmao)....but he also wants me to be involved. Now while I'm no expert, im not behind the door either when it comes to diy and repairs etc, so he wants to teach me all the ins and outs so i can help him and in a few years time go and do it for myself :)

Certianly not going to pass that oportunity up. Can sell 4 or 5 houses a year without letting the GOV take their chunk...and at between 15-20k profit (after all legal fee's and such paid), thats certainly something that interests me. 8 week turn around per house, lots of a free time and money in the bank (well, thats the current plan anyway heeh).

Add to that trying to find time to chill and play some games (Juts bought the Witcher)...also still playing/learning my flash so can finally sort my own site out, and finally when I have the urge still re-writing the DG story....so all in all....lots happeneing :)

Will be on Yahoo tomorrow Fredy if you fancy a chat and catch up, we should hammer Huddersfield :)

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #149 on: March 12, 2010, 12:26:32 pm »
Wow you have been busy  :o

That property developer business sounds ideal to me, let me know if you ever need a landscape gardener !

Yes the Witcher looks good, I was thinking of getting that, but i think all my playing time is already booked in GTA4.

Still doing the course hoping to have read it all by the end of this month, then I have till the middle of June to apply for the exam.  Getting quite intense now as it's thing I have never done before.

Will look out for you tonight, I will more than likely be online and yes looking for another win :)

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
March 28, 2024, 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

293 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 363. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles